• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ah, didn't watch that part. I never do.
So, more action next week?

Looks like it might pick up halfway through.

Looks like ep 4 and 5 is where the real goods are

People today still believe the earth is flat, but by Columbus' day most people accepted the round earth (heliocentrism on the other hand...)

The idea that Columbus proved the world was round is nonsense.

More like magellans voyage

But still- who the hell thinks the world is flat today? How do they function?

Uploading some Mantis gameplay now. The sound didn't record and there are some weird visual things, but it should still be somewhat watchable.

Unfortunately, the internet here is still super slow and I need to head out to the convention center. I'll leave my laptop here uploading but I won't be around to let you know when it's done.

Check this link in about 2.5 hours for the video:
http://youtu.be/VpZA6PegMKE

zlatko

Banned
I beat ODST last night. Fun game, but I felt it lost its momentum during the last two missions for the data center and then the highway was just a fuck awful unfun level.

The best parts were the Rookie levels at night in New Mombasa's streets getting to enjoy the music and atmosphere. The actual levels as the ODST...well not that good. The plot itself had interesting points, but the characters didn't do shit for me. I enjoyed Noble squad far more for a rag tag group of soldiers.

I'm probably one of the crazies who thinks that Reach's campaign is the best in the series thus far. :(

Fuchsdh

Looks like it might pick up halfway through.

Looks like ep 4 and 5 is where the real goods are

More like magellans voyage

But still- who the hell thinks the world is flat today? How do they function?

I dunno. I guess you have to believe the space program is a hoax too in order to maintain that belief.

Accidentally caught a glimpse of the campaign, whoops.

can't believe they give you a Promethean chopper analogue in the first boss fight but keep it out of multiplayer, smh.

Tawpgun

Hey Boston HaloGAF - is there a walking route (sidewalks) from the Financial/downtown district over the bridges to the convention center where PAX East is, or is it pretty much a cab situation?

You have a few options. You can take a short walk across the bridge from the convention center and you'll be downtown right where South Station is.

Or you can take the Silver Line, which is kind of weird, but it will connect you to the entire Boston T system, so you can go anywhere for $2.

Boston is a very walkable city. Nothing is too far away as far as the downtown area goes. Only time you would ever need a cab is if you're in a hurry or you're up past 12:30 AM.

Most of the way through Glasslands. It's actually pretty good. I'm not sure it's going anywhere though. Look forward to jumping into Thursday War right after. I should be finished by the 6th.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
iV6mBQFdVpxnX.gif
Heh, Frankie referenced a janitor when talking about the mantis.

heckfu

Banned
Agreed. It's fiction, and it's correct in the fiction. Arguing about it just leads to arguments about sexism and poltical correctness and you can take those off to OT if you want to be mad about either side of the argument.
Are you drunk already?

Excuse me,

Are you drunk, SIR?

Are they? Where does the UNSC regulations mention this? If we are still using gender specific honorifics in the 26th century, then we won't really have come very far. You were supposed to call any married woman you met in polite society this week Ma'am, but did you? Or would that have been awkward and a bit sexist?

Although right now, as one gaf-er pointed out, you absolutely call female officers Ma'am. One new boot was told, "Did you just call me Sir!? Would you like me to pull out my dick and slap you with it?"

Every other instance of female officers in Halo uses Ma'am.

Karl2177

So I watched ep. 2. I like the Cortana intro, but I'm pretty much pulled out of the rest. I feel like I'm watching a movie instead of being a part of it.

FuD episode 2 ending spoiler:
Why does Lasky fall at the end? Because "Sir Bitchy commander that only yells at fucking Lasky and the ginger" took his fucking food. Even I saw that shit coming from a mile away.

wwm0nkey

So I watched ep. 2. I like the Cortana intro, but I'm pretty much pulled out of the rest. I feel like I'm watching a movie instead of being a part of it.

Why does Lasky fall at the end? Because "Sir Bitchy commander that only yells at fucking Lasky and the ginger" took his fucking food. Even I saw that shit coming from a mile away.

Going to say its because of
Cryo training

I am wondering if this will effect his character in Halo 4 too.

TheOddOne

Lasky had troubles with the cryo, which effected his body.

wwm0nkey

I can't find any of these so called videos.

I guess my Google fu is weaksauce.

Microsoft is deleting them with lightning speed right now. Saw one a few minutes ago of the opening of the game (Chief coming out of Cryo) and it was gone right after it was uploaded.

Havok

Man, the opening scenes of both FUD episodes have been fantastic. I hope they're a recurring thing throughout the series.

feel

Pretty cool that Frank's first* episode aired right on his birthday.

* Frank being Master Chief plot twist is pretty obvious

Beckx

You have a few options. You can take a short walk across the bridge from the convention center and you'll be downtown right where South Station is.

Or you can take the Silver Line, which is kind of weird, but it will connect you to the entire Boston T system, so you can go anywhere for $2.

Boston is a very walkable city. Nothing is too far away as far as the downtown area goes. Only time you would ever need a cab is if you're in a hurry or you're up past 12:30 AM.

Thanks - I've only ever spent time in the financial district & always on foot, and was thrown a bit when google maps suggested there might not be a walkable path to the center. Much appreciated, I'm only a mile or so a way and prefer walking. Will be leaving early each day since I'll have a 9 year old with me.

Yeah, that's probably the main reason.
But if you aren't getting proper nutrition, how is that going to help his troubles with the cryo
?

It's definitely the main reason, in fact, I don't even think it has to do with a bad reaction to cryo after all. Remember, when coming out of cryo, the very first thing one has to do is hack up the surfactant that coats the lungs during sleep. That's probably what you are seeing here.

Again, with regards to the food, you have to throw out all your civilian assumptions regarding the military. Food is a privilege. Sleep is a privilege. There is only one thing that you will never be denied in the military and that is water. You have to earn the right to eat food.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Probably goes without saying in this thread, but if you want to avoid spoilers for Halo 4, right now would be a good time to start avoiding forums and clicking on random internet links.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lol at frankie cameo.

Also, I chuckled at the start. That "your shirt's on backwards asshole" is actually something I said during basic training to another guy during one of those early morning wake ups (which no doubt happens to other people too).

It's shit like that that makes me think they did some research even for this little movie, or they got "lucky" with it. Good episode.

Edit: Happy birthday Frankie!

Top Bottom