• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Couldn't resist watching the first minute of the game.

mother-god-meme.jpg

Graphics are ridiculously good.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
so Tashi when you were in forge, did you see the full list of vehicles? I know there are no new ones but were there any returning ones we haven't seen? Falcon? Revenant? Spectre? Chopper?

I actually did not

Cool. Did you like it? Did it have Sprint?

Awesome, will check them out in a bit.

edit- a wild Dax appears! (I'm guessing)

Yea I did, a lot. And that's not like I liked it as opposed to Infinity Slayer. They're both a lot of fun.

I actually did not

Yea I did, a lot. And that's not like I liked it as opposed to Infinity Slayer. They're both a lot of fun.

Sadface. ok one last question for me:

The Carbine. How does it compare to the other rifles right now? It looked awesome at E3, then we never saw it again.

Enfinit

There's actually....a Halo 4 live-stream...going on right now...

I'm definitely not watching it, although people on the Twitter machine are discussing it. How is Microsoft allowing this?

Pop

I'm definitely not watching it, although people on the Twitter machine are discussing it. How is Microsoft allowing this?

Why does Microsoft ban accounts until 12/31/9999 without reasoning?

hmmm

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

It takes time to shut down those feeds. It took half a day for own3d to remove skyrim streams when the game showed up early

I actually watched some of the mission they showed off at e3... Gave me a good sampler... Didn't give me too much spoils. I left highly satisfied!

Now I go dark :p

feel

With Sprint Tashi?

They're not. PM the link to David.

Slayer Pro sounds awesome, I would not mind having one or two arena forge maps thrown in there, only the best of the best... remakes maybe?

FyreWulff

God dammit. How do Halo leaks happen evertim? Are the manufacturing facilities in shady places with sucky security? I hope when games move to fully digital downloads this shit quits. Its so disappointing. I'd even be in support of an Apple-esque submissions process and ecosystem.

The long and short of it: organized crime is a very real thing.

The Slayer Pro list sounds neat, wish they'd start with base player speed though. I don't like ice skate movement.

zap

If you are watching Campaign or anything keep that shit out of here!! I DON'T CARE.

Also screw you, Pop.

Please, for the love of all things holy, spoiler tag properly!!!

wat.

It's pretty spoilerish IMO.
Guess I'm out of the loop but (obviously don't highlight this lol campaign related)
I thought the Didact's involvement was pretty much 100% known? He's been referenced in numerous articles, and there's even a description of him in one of the said articles.

feel

If you are watching Campaign or anything keep that shit out of here!! I DON'T CARE.

Also screw you, Pop.

Please, for the love of all things holy, spoiler tag properly!!!
Or just take that discussion to Youtube comments completely, we don't care for these posts even with spoiler tags.

Ken

Guess I'm out of the loop but (obviously don't highlight this lol campaign related)
I thought the Didact's involvement was pretty much 100% known? He's been referenced in numerous articles, and there's even a description of him in one of the said articles.

I haven't read any of the novels since Contact:Harvest/Ghosts of Onyx or any of the said articles so I have no idea what any of that means so yeah I think it's kind of spoilerish. I suppose it's my fault for not keeping up with every H4 tidbit so what's spoilerish for me probably isn't for anyone else. I don't really mind spoilers but it seems disrespectful to those that do especially when there's a dedicated spoilers thread already.

Omni

Or the thread that was created specifically for spoiler discussion.

Naa. That's too simple. The chance of ruining someone's campaign experience wouldn't be there if they moved to the dedicated thread.

Was going to leave this thread... but changed my mind. As long as people don't act retarded and cover their spoilers PROPERLY, I don't care. Needless to say, if anyone spoils / comes close to spoiling something I'll hide all their posts.

Falifax

Why do people even bother watching the streams? Are you not going to buy the game or you just want to piss off people on GAF?

Ken

Why do people even bother watching the streams? Are you not going to buy the game or you just want to piss of people on GAF?

Since when has the watching of a stream mean that you won't buy the game. I get the point you're trying to make but the answer is neither of those (at least for most people who post regularly in here).

FyreWulff

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Reach went to one gametype per playlist either. (Objective rotating between CTF and Assault being Slot 1 and 2 each month)

However, I'll free to criticize that for people saying they're deciding on one Halo 4 and sticking with it, changing reload speed and player speed at a playlist level seems counterintuitive to that goal.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Reach went to one gametype per playlist either. (Objective rotating between CTF and Assault being Slot 1 and 2 each month)

However, I'll free to criticize that for people saying they're deciding on one Halo 4 and sticking with it, changing reload speed and player speed at a playlist level seems counterintuitive to that goal.

What I'm personally curious to see is if Slayer Pro will be loved so much that people are going to ask for it to become the default settings for some other playlists or if we'll see an Objective Pro, Lone Wolves Pro, etc. Slayer Pro's going to be a launch playlist at a point where Halo 4's fanbase will be at its largest in a community that's dying for a faster, more competitive shooter.

Omni

My friend sent me a link of campaign footage. Sooooo tempted to click, but I won't. Gonna play some DayZ instead.

Hopefully forums calm down in the next few days. I don't like being so cautious as to everything that's on the screen (Mainly talking about Bungie's forums. Given the general age group of users there, I think it's best to avoid them altogether).

When is the next IGN reveal video?

Nuborn

Yup, got linked to a certain livestream and wandered into a heavily spoilerific set of cutscenes. Hoping that shit gets taken down ASAP.

L1NETT

Great news about Slayer Pro. Sounds great, just hoping for a good new skill based ranking system.

---

I am going dark everywhere but here I think. Really hope we keep on top of spoilers in this thread.

---

Nice photos Duncan, that Hypertrooper really is a poser ;-)

Top Bottom