• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

gillFTR

A lot of people are asking so here it is, Once again if you dont want anything spoiled just incase dont click the link

edit: removed link( he is streaming campaign now)

*moved*

Haven't caught up with the thread, but I'll answer this post now:
The ending is out on Youtube. Abandon ship while you can.
Because in the two games that I played I had no idea what the fuck was going on. It's very hard to give concrete, detailed impressions when you're thrust into a map you've never played before, in a complex objective mode that you've never played before, and dealing with so many new elements in a Halo game that have never been there before – all while you're accidentally pushing the wrong buttons because you had to switch a new control scheme.

Everybody else, especially Tashi, has no excuse though. :)

Guys, stop watching the stream. You'll spoil yourselves for the surprises later tonight. :(

Edit: I don't know what's going to happen at the panel, but the guy could show something in his stream 343 is going to announce, and that'll ruin the fun! Especially for me, because I don't want to read any unannounced stuff, and I don't want to read it in here.

He also showed the vehicle pallet for the map

Mongoose .
Warthog .
Wraith .
Scorpion .
Ghost .
Banshee .
Mantis .
Shade turret .

Does that mean no Falcons? :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
jumped on just in time to see about 30 seconds of vortex, looked nice, but all he did was blow up a mantis and stare at the ground

Here's what I caught from the Vortex play:

l5FxB.jpg
9rlgN.jpg

1sA8v.jpg
o0hsU.jpg

53CyD.jpg
S7OFL.jpg

hx7Ma.jpg

The Mantis was Forged onto the map.

Also they're sticking with the manta vs shark motif for teams? Lame.

Game looks so good, I hope someone is screencapping this.

Kinda dissapointed with the very similar aesthetic running through the multi maps - map looks good though.

Kinda silly that he is giving away his gamertag. talking to friends and playing online lol.

Omni

This. What the shit.

Well it makes sense I guess. For some reason their artists can draw rocks really awesomely, but can't make a grass ground texture to save their lives. Hence, the canyon.

At least this way we only have two maps that look like they're packing sub-HD ground textures (Valhalla + Exile)

Overdoziz

Banned
None of the disc maps would work for doubles anyway, just wait until there's some good 2v2 Forge maps. Never really understood why Bungie or 343 never updated the Doubles playlist in Reach with Forge maps specific to that playercount because that's where Forge really 'shines'.

IHaveIce

Banned
None of the disc maps would work for doubles anyway, just wait until there's some good 2v2 Forge maps. Never really understood why Bungie or 343 never updated the Doubles playlist in Reach with Forge maps specific to that playercount because that's where Forge really 'shines'.

Yes, you are right. Most of the maps are barely small enough for 4v4.

Top Bottom