• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Talents

Banned
Slayer Pro playlist:

4v4
BR/AR/DMR loadouts, 1 frag, everyone has resupply. These are all preset.
Sounds like no AA's

Thank you Jesus.

tumblr_maavwbYH1k1rozm5i.gif

Well I know what I'm going to be playing 'till the MLG playlist comes out.

Striker

Yea, I don't know how we'll live without Stockpile, Headhunter, Invasion, & Juggernaut. Oh, you were serious...

Honestly at this point, I'm most excited to play Oddball/Dominion/CTF. I've never been much of a slayer fan....
You only mentioned a handful of the bad gametypes Bungie introduced after Halo 1. Aside from that crap, there was still Assault, 1-flag/bomb, and 3 Plots. Instead of bringing back or revising some of the better gametypes, we're getting Oddball which, let's be honest, was never good outside two or three maps out of every single Halo map it was played on. Same for King of the Hill. Also don't see how tossing the ball changes how teams will play, i.e. hiding in doors or rooms. Now instead of playing it on smaller maps, it's going to be on giants like Complex, which feature both size and interiors. I'm sure it won't be too bad on something like Haven and Solace, but the others I'm not so sure will thrive very well.

Dominion is something I've very curious about, but also kind of concerned. It seems to blend Conquest in with Halo, but adds a bit more. Like Invasion, I'm fairly worried about all the power weapons, vehicles, and the map count. Invasion featured two early on until others were eventually added through DLC and Forge. How many Dominion will have is another key.

That's why I made that post (I'm another person who grows bored of constant Slayer, this won't be any different). There's little to no variety for this games' objective modes. I'm not asking for CTF Slayer or other shit, but revising the older ones to improve on how you think they'll play better (drop in and drop out tied to asymmetric gametypes), but instead we're just getting a small handful of gametypes, two of which do not simply seem to mesh well with most of its maps. I hope I'm wrong and these things are great, but my optimism is low.

FyreWulff

tumblr_maavwbYH1k1rozm5i.gif

Well I know what I'm going to be playing 'till the MLG playlist comes out.

Hopefully that's just the hardcore playlist and they don't replace it by giving free advertisment to a company that'll ditch their game within 2 months to chase dat Korean SC money. They've already done half of Killa KC's work by increasing player speed. Don't need a MLG specific playlist at this point.

Blueblur1

I think Tunavi has talked me into bailing for a bit.

So here are some parting words before I go: Marty O'Donnell's politics have ruined his image for me. That is all.

That's the straw that broke the camel's back? For me it was his prolife stance on abortion and the dumb comments he made over a period of days.

Talents

Banned
Hopefully that's just the hardcore playlist and they don't replace it by giving free advertisment to a company that'll ditch their game within 2 months to chase dat Korean SC money. They've already done half of Killa KC's work by increasing player speed. Don't need a MLG specific playlist at this point.

Well there's still the fact of the AR, dat shit needs to be removed, plus, what about the objective playlists, it would only be Slayer, with no variety.

harmonize

I have self-restraint, but I can just fucking feel that I'm accidentally going to stumble upon a spoiler.

Twenty-four more days, ugh.

Shadders

I have self-restraint, but I can just fucking feel that I'm accidentally going to stumble upon a spoiler.

Twenty-four more days, ugh.

Just play safe, Waypoint (not forums), THC, LEHB etc. are all safe zones, all will embed videos so you don't get all the YouTube noise too.

Twitter will be a minefield I'd have thought, maybe add all your "safe" follows to a list and just view that instead of the main feed.

Don't panic, you can get to launch without spoilers if you try. :)

Akai__

Do people get PM's, when they have you on ignore? :'(

Edit: I hate leakers, because they leak the wrong things, but on the other side, I "hate" everyone, who watches those leaks. Don't undertand, how it is fun, when you play the game and know a lot of things already.

FyreWulff

Well there's still the fact of the AR, dat shit needs to be removed, plus, what about the objective playlists, it would only be Slayer, with no variety.

You still have the DMR and BR. Does the presence of the AR really bother you that much? Okay, let's delete it and the rest of the sandbox. Now you've done the other half of Killa KC's job. 343 should just take the VC money and the Dr Pepper sponsorship themselves for all of that work, cut out the middleman.

Talents

Banned
You still have the DMR and BR. Does the presence of the AR really bother you that much? Okay, let's delete it and the rest of the sandbox. Now you've done the other half of Killa KC's job. 343 should just take the VC money and the Dr Pepper sponsorship themselves for all of that work, cut out the middleman.

I would like that very much :)

No but seriously, the main reason I want the MLG playlist is because of the variety of gametypes. Slayer is fun yeah, but I like playing CTF/KOTH every once in a while.

Overdoziz

Banned
No but seriously, the main reason I want the MLG playlist is because of the variety of gametypes. Slayer is fun yeah, but I like playing CTF/KOTH every once in a while.
This. It also helps that MLG actually puts some thought in the gametype/map combinations unlike Bungie.

FyreWulff

I would like that very much :)

This assumes the Hardcore playlist stays slayer only. I would hope they aren't going to make HC copies of everything, I'm assuming it's like previous specialty playlists where they make it Slayer-only first (to attract the most potential population) then introduce Objectives down the line.

Great news about the slayer pro playlist. Will probably be my to go to playlist

But is 1-flag CTF really gone? Because that would really suck. It can be one of the most fun gametypes in Halo.

Gui_PT

Great news about the slayer pro playlist. Will probably be my to go to playlist

But is 1-flag CTF really gone? Because that would really suck. It can be one of the most fun gametypes in Halo.

It can also be the most annoying.

You cap the flag in 45 seconds and in the next round you have to wait 5 minutes for it to end because the other team is horrible.

Overdoziz

Banned

You cap the flag in 45 seconds and in the next round you have to wait 5 minutes for it to end because the other team is horrible.
I think 1-Flag works best for BTB. 1-Flag could've definitely used to changes though.
Same with 1 or 2-Bomb Assault.

It's pretty sad that 343 isn't even allowing us to set up some classic and proven gametypes for customs. If there's one thing that's 'un-Halo' it's taking away customization options.

FyreWulff

So, the guess is

Infinity

Team King (6v6) JIP
Team CTF (5v5)
Team Ball (4v4)
Team Slayer (4v4) JIP
8v8 Big Team Battle (Slayer Only) JIP
8v8 Dominion
12man Rumble Pit (Slayer Only) JIP
8 man Regicide

Non Infinity

4v4 Team Hardcore JIP
Whatever playlist Grifball shows up in

edit: updated

Yyyyaaaaahhhhh Im done with Neogaf until launch. All this talks about the Legendary ending and how many of you actually watched it is making me nervous that any moment now someone is going to post something about it I dont want to see.

There is a campaign spoiler thread and yet people insist on posting campaign spoilers in here.

Wtf

Even people doing it as a joke should stop - its not funny and it forced me to skim past ASAP in order to avoid reading a potential real spoiler.

TheOddOne

There is a campaign spoiler thread and yet people insist on posting campaign spoilers in here.

Wtf

Even people doing it as a joke should stop - its not funny and it forced me to skim past ASAP in order to avoid reading a potential real spoiler.
This. All you people that still do it, can get effed.

ibP9AEPNRWMI7.gif

Guy in gif looks like Hecku

There is a really easy fix for that. Once you have lost the game but there is still one round to play, that round isn't played!

Every playlist only has one gamemode

Relatively good news, helps avoid the whole praying you don't get elite slayer/AR starts/rocket race/hot potato I could go on.

You guys might go dark for half a day...might.

Also, RE6 really was a pretty piss poor game. All down hill after Leon's campaign...

Played the demo yesterday, appalling, complete tosh, one of the worst games I've sampled this gen and the first truly bad RE mainline entry. This was my impression after the Leon section (the segment which I was most excited for after the trailer hit). I quit Chris's section 90 seconds in.

Slayer Pro sounds good but like others have said, in all likelyhood it'll suffer from diminutive population. Low-pop playlists in Reach (the majority of them now) are plagued by horrendous connections and terribly imbalanced skill matching. I played a game of snipers the other day (population at the time was 300) and it featured:

2 UK
1 Mexican
3 US
1 New Zealand
1 Australian

That was with 'good connection' selected. Couldn't hit a shot.

Here's hoping Slayer Pro can hold at least 3000 pop in Halo 4.

I predict the rest of this OT will be spent with people saying "THAT'S IT I'M GOING DARK" and then continuing to post after that.

Anyhoo someone make me check my PMs, I wanna see some streams.

Top Bottom