• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE HYPER!

Give Gabotron the poster. Nobody expects a Spanish acquisition

thumbs-up-chuck.gif

Fuchsdh

just saw one on ebay for 40 dollars. i really wish 343 would open a damn store so i wouldn't have to search ebay for something reasonably price

I hope that's involved in the Halo 4 site updates. If not...

"you're sitting on a gold mine, Trebek!"

Barlow's suggestion + Avatar request thread = FOUNDING FATHER PEW PEW PEW

No more king!

I think the best part about it is that Jefferson was an absolute mess when it came to anything military related. The British stomped him during the war.

Can people just please stop talking about any campaign leak spoilers. I don't care that you've watched the ending and I don't think other people do either. There is a spoiler topic, as stated a million times. Please just use that one.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dammit people:

Just a friendly reminder from your ol' pal monsterfracas on how to properly tag spoilers.

Let me answer a couple of your questions about spoiler tags.

"Gee willikers, what's that big black bar on my screen?"

Those are spoiler tags! This function is incredibly useful for posting mild spoilers. Anything that is a major plot point should be relegated to Slightly Live's spoiler thread.

"Well gosh, how do I use this fancy schmancy gadgetry, monsterfracas?"

It's easy! To tag a spoiler, you should follow this general example, or something like it:

(the following contains spoilers for Halo 3) Fantastic game! One of my favorite moments was
when master chief kills aliens

This is how not to tag spoilers:

Man, I can't believe Master Chief just killed
that big alien dude

Hopefully this little PSA will prevent any members, junior or otherwise, from spoiling important events in Halo 4's storyline. You can never be too careful!

JonCha

Is someone allowed to summarise the multiplayer content the streamer showed? I'm not on GAF as often as everyone else so it's a bit of a ball ache to be trawling back through the thread.

willow ve

Is someone allowed to summarise the multiplayer content the streamer showed? I'm not on GAF as often as everyone else so it's a bit of a ball ache to be trawling back through the thread.

And do we have pictures/video of the last multiplayer map? Vortex? Googling for it gives you an image of Minka Kelly (not kidding).

JonCha

And bloody hell, I went in the spoiler thread and people are openly taking about the ending. Apart from a video thumbnail I've seen nothing. Kind wish that stuff would be locked, or at least warned of in the threat title.

Is there an uploaded video of that livestream from last night? Couldn't find anything and wasn't able watch the stream through my phone.

Those Vortex caps look so good btw.

Woorloog

Banned
Why did the forward unto dawns design change so much? or are the "wings" just retracted in?

Visual overhaul. Many things in Halo 4 have gotten that, look at the Covenant species, Chief's armor, so on.
Not everything will be explained, many things are just done for the sake of doing that (more or less, the reasoning for changing Covie weapon sounds to less like previous Halos' was pretty much this (less toy-like, pffth, they sounded like alien weapons)).

It would be nice to see 343i's full Forward Unto Dawn, not just the aft. Would give us a better pic just how strongly it has been changed.

Also, i think i'll be quitting from HaloGAF (well, i'll try anyway) and Youtube till Halo 4 is released and i've played the campaign, just in case. It is only a matter of time before someone slips and forgets spoiler tags or messes them up.
Until Nov 6, i guess.

And bloody hell, I went in the spoiler thread and people are openly taking about the ending. Apart from a video thumbnail I've seen nothing. Kind wish that stuff would be locked, or at least warned of in the threat title.

Not tagged? That's the reason i haven't touched that damn thread, even if it is about spoilers, some stuff should be tagged. Definetly avoiding all GAF Halo threads till i've played the campaign.

Vire

Okay, I love you guys, but I'm out.

The ending being on YouTube is what broke the straw. Really don't want that spoiled.

Peace.

Overdoziz

Banned
You mean the Halo 4 story spoiler and speculation thread or the Halo 4 leaked thread?
Either way you should expect spoilers in both of the threads so it's best to keep out.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Wow, no team doubles?

That's literally all ive played in Halo 3 for the past 3 years. I live in that playlist.

This sucks :(

You know, Team Double is only a variant of Slayer. So with the basic Slayer mode, you can make everything you want I guess, like Team Double, Multi Team, etc....

Just complaining about the lack of Race, Invasion( maybe Extraction is a variant ?) and VIP.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My brain is leaking

Or at least... I wish it was

I am trying so hard to wipe one specific image from my head that I did not want to see

Pop

We haven't discussed any leaks here, I'm pretty sure there's an ending to H4.

*---SPOILER--*

haha you couldn't resist this little blacked out line

See you tomorrow.

Seriously, no one who actually says, "Ok I'm bailing out guys going dark peace!" actually leaves. You're so invested in this thread you have to tell people when you're logging off. You CAN'T leave.

The people who actually go dark aren't reading these words right now. They're probably not even on NeoGAF right now.

Top Bottom