• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Talents

Banned
We need BTB maps. We have enough small-medium size maps.

tumblr_m8ljbuVVcO1ro9s10.jpg

OT: For anyone wondering, subaru all-wheel drive is amazing, and i'm officially a believer. i was on a back road in the texas panhandle chasing storms yesterday, and hit a road full of water going about 70 (oops). Not much you can do when going that fast, and I hydroplaned into a ditch of 1-2 feet of muddy water and tall grass. But, being in the deepest part of the ditch about 10 feet off of the shoulder, full of mud and crap, my impreza was able to work its way out. Now im at the dealership waiting on them to fix a heat shield that was shoved back into the drive train. Could have been worse, lol.

Back on topic (sort of) i may or may not activate my live subscription this week. prepare yourselves while i prepare myself to suffer through reach matchmaking for 3 weeks.

OT: For anyone wondering, subaru all-wheel drive is amazing, and i'm officially a believer. i was on a back road in the texas panhandle chasing storms yesterday, and hit a road full of water going about 70 (oops). Not much you can do when going that fast, and I hydroplaned into a ditch of 1-2 feet of muddy water and tall grass. But, being in the deepest part of the ditch about 10 feet off of the shoulder, full of mud and crap, my impreza was able to work its way out. Now im at the dealership waiting on them to fix a heat shield that was shoved back into the drive train. Could have been worse, lol.

Back on topic (sort of) i may or may not activate my live subscription this week. prepare yourselves while i prepare myself to suffer through reach matchmaking for 3 weeks.

Subaru is kickass

Pop

But you don't have to.

MrDaravon

I didn't watch any of the MP livestreams, did it show anywhere the number of players allowed in each playlist? That's the only main thing left that I really want to know.

DJ88

To all the people who think they're comedic geniuses by posting fake spoilers or broken spoiler tags with such brilliant material like "durr that Cortana, MC, grunt three way sure was great!" or "MC defeats his enemies hurr."

You are not funny, or edgy, or posses any sort of intelligence.

feel

Browsing gaf with dark theme is playing mouse cursor minefield because it highlights the spoilers when you pass over them... fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Get that shit out of this thread for real. Fake, real, minor, whatever. GET THEM AND YOU THE FUCK OUT.

Akai__

I have finished my premake map, but it's still a test version, because I don't know, if the spawns are good. It works for 1vs1 and for 2vs2 slayer games pretty good, but we didn't test 4vs4 slayer gametypes.

Links:

Map

Prefered Gametype (works with any other Slayer gametype, too)

Feedback is appreciated. :)

And we need a name for it, so if anyone has a great name for it, let me hear it!

Edit: Gametype is broken, will re-upload an other one. :lol

IHaveIce

Banned

JHall

Just came back here to say.

I like the direction they are going with the Slayer Pro settings, still wish you could drop the flag though.

Back to being dark till Halo 4 releases.

nillapuddin

So from my understanding some guy was dicking around in forge and stuff?

My favorite part of pre-release Reach was watching Halo Reach forge

but then again.. that game cant be spoiled...

everyone dies

I really want to see people run around but dont want to risk glimpsing something I shouldnt

Is this video archived maybe? I can try and skip through
(my will power is strong, but wanting to watch is pulling me hard )

Bsigg12

I'm really hoping my job comes through with an early copy of the game for me. I refuse to join the ranks of those who steal a game, and I want to to play through it before someone spills something without spoiler tags.

Tashii your comments from earlier are very exciting. I can't wait to play this.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I just got home, and I'm surprised that there aren't more little NYCC Halo 4 talks and videos - I know everyone's still playing, but I guess we'll have to wait till the end of the day then... :(

Happy birthday man! Hope you have a good one.

Thanks man, I sure am!

Browsing gaf with dark theme is playing mouse cursor minefield because it highlights the spoilers when you pass over them... fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Get that shit out of this thread for real. Fake, real, minor, whatever. GET THEM AND YOU THE FUCK OUT.

Pop and others still posting spoilers.. Why? Maybe there should be a "semi-spoiler" thread that isn't as full blown as Slightly Live's spoiler thread so we can get this BS that Pop keeps sneaking in outta here...

Seriously, wtf newbs. I will stab you.

Dug

Banned
Not sure if this has been said yet, but people are straight up spoiling the ending on Twitter (not even linking to the video, just typing out what happens). I'd suggest staying away if I were you.

Pop and others still posting spoilers.. Why? Maybe there should be a "semi-spoiler" thread that isn't as full blown as Slightly Live's spoiler thread so we can get this BS that Pop keeps sneaking in outta here...

Seriously, wtf newbs. I will stab you.

Just pm a mod about the last time he did it - Gaf has pretty much have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to leaks and spoilers right? Should warrant a ban hopefully?

I would do it myself, but im not rooting around for spoiler posts lol!

But yeah I agree, seems stupid to still post spoilers - its just attention seeking at this stage because for the most part no one is even going out of their way to read them!

On a sidenote - Pretty hyped that Slayer Pro is basically classic mode confirmed right?

bobs, is there a list of mods anywhere? Not saying ima report you Pop, but cut the shit mang.. it ain't cool ;\ same goes to everyone else

On a sidenote - Pretty hyped that Slayer Pro is basically classic mode confirmed right?

Hell yes it is. Hopefully they'll make an Objective Pro, BTB Pro, etc.

-EDIT-

If my dreams come true lol, Slayer Pro will open the eyes of 343 and fans alike so that those settings can hopefully become the default settings for later Halo installments, or at least have a larger prevalence in playlists.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I have finished my premake map, but it's still a test version, because I don't know, if the spawns are good. It works for 1vs1 and for 2vs2 slayer games pretty good, but we didn't test 4vs4 slayer gametypes.

Links:

Map

Prefered Gametype (works with any other Slayer gametype, too)

Feedback is appreciated. :)

And we need a name for it, so if anyone has a great name for it, let me hear it!

Edit: Gametype is broken, will re-upload an other one. :lol

looks like the quick and dirty halo 4 forge map 343 did with gamestop.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Do not post you don't want spoilers on twitter, there is someone going around tweeting Halo 4 ending right now.
What the hell. Hope it didn't get spoiled for you. I can only imagine the assholes tweeting THC the ending/other spoilers.
bobs, is there a list of mods anywhere? Not saying ima report you Pop, but cut the shit mang.. it ain't cool ;\ same goes to everyone else

There's a way to see, but I forget how lol.

This'll do the trick though: go to the front of GAF and look for red names, those are mods/admins.

I would gladly report him if you can send me a direct link to the post where he is posting spoilers. I dont want to see the post itself, just link me to it so I can send that on towards a mod.

No idea if there is a mod's list anywhere, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one. Bishoptl was in here a few days ago so he might be worth pm'ing.

Pretty hyped for Slayer Pro - CTF pro with the old flag traits would be nice, but I doubt thats going to happen. :(

ZalinKrow

Yeah, pretty much. Gotta say I'm pretty excited about that. Did he say whether or not sprint was in that playlist? I'm gonna assume it is since it's a default thing though. But yeah, it really sounds good. Seeing Kevin Franklin's face light up when he got to talk about things he couldn't before was great :]

Hope I manage to go the next 24 days spoiler free. I'm not clicking into anything suspicious, and I can't believe some people gave in to the temptation so easily lol

CyReN

EGL is streaming a small Halo 4 tourney tomorrow.

more

The Halo 4 match will feature the top 2 teams from EGL8 in Halo Reach, starts at 6pm their time (1pm EST)

Top Bottom