• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I am personally loving how Robbert is sad that there isn't a proper FFA or Doubles playlist at launch because, you know, at launch, he's not going to have anyone on except maybe one other friend and they won't have anything to play :lol

I am personally loving how Robbert is sad that there isn't a proper FFA or Doubles playlist at launch because, you know, at launch, he's not going to have anyone on except maybe one other friend and they won't have anything to play :lol

I like proper FFA and to a lesser extent doubles. :(

I also like Snipers!

Hes back on Halo 4 - but hes playing campaign, bail out!

Because the only reason I'd play doubles or FFA is a lack of online friends...?

Talents

Banned
He's streaming campaign,

ABORT
1234529240_dog_jumps_out_of_moving_car.gif

Talents

Banned
So did anyone see him playing regicide earlier and have any hint on whether we get visual skill based ranks?

Didn't see any visual ranks really, only saw him level up via exp and unlock promethean vision and thruster.

But I did really only see him play 1 or 2 proper matches and didn't pay that much attention.

Swarmerr

Didn't see any visual ranks really, only saw him level up via exp and unlock promethean vision and thruster.

But I did really only see him play 1 or 2 proper matches and didn't pay that much attention.

Hmph didnt see any.

Removed link of the stream since hes streaming campaign.

Ahh well, hopefully the reveal today will talk about skill based ranks but I am not getting my hopes up.

Good move removing the link. For some reason someone in the chat wanted to see the campaign?!

JackHerer

Not a story spoiler but in reference to one of the new vehicles that's in campaign:

Mammoth does not appear to be drivable. It's on rails.

I turned it off after that because I didn't want to see anything related to the story.

Petrichor

Not a story spoiler but in reference to one of the new vehicles that's in campaign:

Mammoth does not appear to be drivable. It's on rails.

I turned it off after that because I didn't want to see anything related to the story.

There is definitely a drivable
pelican
in campaign, but I'm not sure if it's in multiplayer

gillFTR

Ahh well, hopefully the reveal today will talk about skill based ranks but I am not getting my hopes up.

Good move removing the link. For some reason someone in the chat wanted to see the campaign?!

Yeah, what and where was the big reveal suppose to be tonight?

Noricart

I honestly think the only thing we'll get is a post-release competitive update. Or Arena.

gillFTR

NY Comic Con panel tonight I'm assuming. But it was downplayed by David Ellis. Don't know if it will be that huge.

So thats what Dax was referring to earlier about how david ellis feels? People in here have pre ordered the game, or buying day 1. I think none of us here need to be served some hype campaign BS when the game went gold weeks ago and other people are playing it. We just want to know, not be told week after week.

Overdoziz

Banned
Guys, if you spoiler something spoiler the entire sentence, not just one word. And say what kind of spoiler it is.
It's not that hard.

Fuchsdh

KYLE IS HAPPY

HOLY SHIT

Dammit when did I step into the Twilight Zone

But I'd definitely say Slayer Pro sounds like a better option than an MLG playlist. It doesn't have the taint of the name, it can be better controlled, and its settings aren't likely to be wildly different from base traits like Reach's list was. Plus people can get their BR/DMR battles in while they level up their custom loadouts. Sounds like a win-win for everyone.

In terms of timing for leaks, when did the Halo 3 ending cinematic get leaked? I remember watching the really crappy rip of that on Youtube and being confident that it wasn't actually real. Lol.

JackHerer

Streamer claimed that his father works at 343 in the stream's chat.....

So what maps do you guys thing we will see in Slayer Pro

Haven
Adrift
Solace
Abandon
Complex

and maybe:

Ragnarok
Longbow

The latter 2 might be way too big for 4v4 though but they are more in the middle range as far as map size in Halo 4. I can definitely see them putting Ragnarok in.

I didn't catch the finer details on it just noticed that it still exists. But like MS and the 360 UI, 343 seems fit in adding extra layers of input to reach what was instantly accessible. :p

good point there. really hoping the panel today is a blowout of the social aspect of multiplayer (clans, skill ranks, playlists, etc)

Guys, if you spoiler something spoiler the entire sentence, not just one word. And say what kind of spoiler it is.
It's not that hard.

Yeah, this.

Because I saw a second of the stream I now know which mission the vehicle appears in. Meaning I know which mission is a vehicle mission etc.

So basically stop being stupid with spoilers ffs.

Agreed.
nice that they got the Cortana sex scene out of the way right at the beginning of the game too.
EDIT: fuck, my bad
Can you please stop doing this? I feel like I'm about to step on a mine with this type of post, and that doesn't make for comfortable reading. And I don't know if you're joking with posts like this.

JackHerer

Vortex looks like the map that was glimpsed in one of the early videos that 343 released around E3 time.

Sandy ground, rocky landscape, dark sky.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I know that spoiler thread wasn't made for nothing.

Last thing I want is to drop in here and get spoiled for Halo 4...

...on my birthday!

Beckx

Great. Even if I hide in Dunwall for the next three weeks, the chances of not getting spoiled in the next 24 days are almost nil.

Wearing headphones at the midnight launch.

Conor 419

Banned
Agreed.
nice that they got the Cortana sex scene out of the way right at the beginning of the game too.

EDIT: fuck, my bad

Yeah just watched this, I mean it's nice that they've developed their relationship right off the bat but I'm not entirely sure it's appropriate, it doesn't seem to fit the series...

Top Bottom