• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

TheOddOne

I'm not convinced that "an ancient evil awakens" is referring to the Didact. If you read Cryptum and Primordium, anybody would probably agree that he isn't "evil" in the black-and-white terms the sentence implies. I mean, he's ancient in relative terms, but in comparison to something like the Timeless One? Not so much (though I'm not saying it is the last Precursor). Someone said that his problems with humanity are more political than sentiment, and I'd say that's an accurate assessment.

In comparison to what 343 could be doing – showing gameplay trailers of him in action, dedicating entire trailers to expanding his story and introducing him to the audience – we're getting very little; only his symbol. In fact, the only time we've seen the Didact in any form other than his symbol was the trailer released recently in which he is holding the Chief hostage, but that doesn't show the full context. We don't know why he's holding the Chief hostage.

Of course, I could just be seeing what I want to see.

The Didact symbol is a lovely avatar theme for Halo 4. Looks great!
Your words are beautiful, Sophie.

This is now my phone background.

didactic3edopy.jpg
It's got meaning, but it's subtle enough.

ZalinKrow

It's gonna take me a while to settle on a helmet, there are some really nice ones. Scout, Wetworks and Venator were some early ones that stood out to me. But there are a few more that I feel might look sweet in game with new colours. Can't wait for the new selection of visor colours too. I don't know why I get so hyped about this but I do lol.

I actually really wanna take more screenshots this time around, especially if GAF customs are kickin' back into swing :)

It's gonna take me a while to settle on a helmet, there are some really nice ones. Scout, Wetworks and Venator were some early ones that stood out to me. But there are a few more that I feel might look sweet in game with new colours. Can't wait for the new selection of visor colours too. I don't know why I get so hyped about this but I do lol.

I actually really wanna take more screenshots this time around, especially if GAF customs are kickin' back into swing :)

I want to use the Raider helmet. It looks like a samurai helmet.

Doodis

I'm not convinced that "an ancient evil awakens" is referring to the Didact. If you read Cryptum and Primordium, anybody would probably agree that he isn't "evil" in the black-and-white terms the sentence implies. I mean, he's ancient in relative terms, but in comparison to something like the Timeless One? Not so much (though I'm not saying it is the last Precursor). Someone said that his problems with humanity are more political than sentiment, and I'd say that's an accurate assessment.

In comparison to what 343 could be doing – showing gameplay trailers of him in action, dedicating entire trailers to expanding his story and introducing him to the audience – we're getting very little; only his symbol. In fact, the only time we've seen the Didact in any form other than his symbol was the trailer released recently in which he is holding the Chief hostage, but that doesn't show the full context. We don't know why he's holding the Chief hostage.

Of course, I could just be seeing what I want to see.

I agree. We see the Didact bring Chakas and Riser along with him in Cryptum and Bornstellar-Didact working with them in Silentium, and though it's apparent that the Didact may not be fond of humans, it isn't like he's going out of his way to wipe them out of the galaxy.

It almost seems to me like an Arbiter/Chief type of relationship with forerunners and humans. They've been at war in the past, but now (and by now, I mean in the latest forerunner timeline) they are at least content to co-exist. I don't see how that leads to the Didact being an ancient evil.

Finally caught up on the thread from last night. To summarize

1. Spoilers
  2. Talents
  3. Spoilers
  4. League

I think a 2v2 League would be a good starter point to see how all the scheduling works out. It'd be nice to play with halogaf again, I don't think I've played with anyone since around the Noble/Defiant map packs.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Would be awesome if someone good at 3dMax made a 3d version of the Didact symbol, stacked them like weights and put a bar through the middle lol.

That WOULD be awesome.

I still think recruit is the best one so far, that may change once I start unlocking shit though.

Do you have whatsapp? You should PM me your number. : )

Halo waypoint is great on a WP.

Nope, I don't. I only installed the Facebook app yesterday, and I only reactivated my account because a few of my classmates insisted I joined the class group.

I don't really see the point for Waypoint, either. I have it installed, but I don't give a flying fuck about my 'Halo stats'.

Louis Wu

Some guy just knocked on my door dressed as Louis Wu, spoiled the ending and ran away. Wtf is going on.
"dressed as"?

What does that even mean?

He showed up in a t-shirt and jeans? What?

I played Halo 4 with Wu...it's big enough, trust me.
backstab.png

Anyone who states this is a dumb line, doesn't understand the line.
wtf

You realize Bungie has said that this line was written when the concept art for that entrance was actually a cave, right?

Cool idea for an avatar trend. Someone please post a clean didact icon.
http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_signs/?page=4

MS FANBOY. SMH.

Damn right, homie.

Nope, I don't. I only installed the Facebook app yesterday, and I only reactivated my account because a few of my classmates insisted I joined the class group.

I don't really see the point for Waypoint, either. I have it installed, but I don't give a flying fuck about my 'Halo stats'.

Not really about the stats for me as well, it is nice having an interactive pocket compendium of all things Halo.

Waaghals

So I was nearing the end of Keyes on anniversary on heroic, and it froze.

Rebooted the xbox and all my checkpoints for that level were gone.

Feels bad man.

So I was nearing the end of Keyes on anniversary on heroic, and it froze.

Rebooted the xbox and all my checkpoint for that level was gone.

Feels bad man.

That's what you get for being such a Waaghals. A risque-tout, as they say. When you're living on the edge, you can fall off.

I feel your pain, man.

JHall

I have some XBL points to spend before Halo 4... any recommendations of XBLA games? I'm thinking of picking up Trials Evolution... any more that i should get?

Try out Happy Wars. It's free, and actually really fun if you play with a group of friends.

I enjoyed Dead Space 1 & 2 but the E3 demo just didn't felt the same... :/

Damn.. Did you play it right though? You know, the Dead Space way: Lights off, pitch black, sound up ;]

I'm glad they made the co-op instead of bringing back the MP. The MP was cool in DS2, but they should make a separate DS game dedicated more to MP.

Oh great now I have to make choices. :x

Which one looks better?

I'd say the one bobs made. You can see the symbol more and it's like peeking out around your avatar lol

Top Bottom