• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oh gosh. This is not a defense of Romney or an attack on Obama. This is merely me pointing you towards texts you can read in order to understand both political parties

tumblr_mced61ksTH1qa2k57o1_400.gif

Good to hear you found a workaround, your situation sounded tough.

I've just started a new, awesome job and my current problems stem from setting up a normalised income situation and dates and those kind of things as I've no saving to fall back on.

Keeping the landlord at bay for a while, and electric and food and utilities. Need to focus on the important stuff. Come Christmas it should all be fine and dandy and everything should be set up, and predictable (and me not worrying again). Getting there from now is the hard part.

Yeah, I'm over the moon it's a dream job and one hell of an awesome chance for me. Really thrilled about doing it, I knew accepting it would cause some short term issues, I'm hoping to have them ironed out by the end of the year.

Yeah I got a temporary solution... one that I had to suck up my pride for. Still in a rut, but imminent danger has been delayed.

Man I would give so much to have my dream job work out for me right now. Glad to hear you got your dream job. I'm totally jealous. Hoping things work out for you soon bro. Keep on chuggin'. ;)

Shadders

Good to hear you found a workaround, your situation sounded tough.

I've just started a new, awesome job and my current problems stem from setting up a normalised income situation and dates and those kind of things as I've no saving to fall back on.

Keeping the landlord at bay for a while, and electric and food and utilities. Need to focus on the important stuff. Come Christmas it should all be fine and dandy and everything should be set up, and predictable (and me not worrying again). Getting there from now is the hard part.

Yo, as I mentioned earlier I've won a Halo console from Mtn Dew which will come with a surplus copy of the game. I've no idea how close to launch the console will arrive, but I can send you the extra copy if you'd like?

Woorloog

Banned
Remember Enforcers in Halo 2?
They had a weapon called "pulse beams" (red needler projectiles).
While originally suggested they're where the Covenant reverse-engineered Needlers, with new information about the Forerunners, namely their use of hard light may mean that pulse beams are actually hard light projectiles, similar to what the Lightrifle and Suppressor use.

Their other weapon, a missile/mortar launcher is still a mystery. Why use more convetional explosives when you can have all sorts of energy weapons? Of course it may have been intented as a weapon that works even if the Enforcer's power supply is damaged or something like that.
Alternatively it could be retconned as a similar weapon to the Incinerator Cannon, as that fires some sort explose projectile.

Just something to think for those who like little details in Haloverse.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yo, as I mentioned earlier I've won a Halo console from Mtn Dew which will come with a surplus copy of the game. I've no idea how close to launch the console will arrive, but I can send you the extra copy if you'd like?

Wow, thanks for the offer dude. I'll have to seriously consider it.

That's real nice of you.

I changed my mind. I don't hate you out of jealousy anymore... lol. Can't have Dani missing out on the Halo 4 fun. Especially since he is supposed to be running forge map free customs. :p

BigShow36

[*]Obama is supports Keynesian Economics while Romney is more a pure capitalist. I will not comment on which is right; both are very different schools of economic thought within capitalism. Read Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keyes. In addition read about economic policy in Europe and America right before and after WWII.

I will. Keynesian economics rests entirely on the flawed principle that the government is better at allocating resources than the free market is. It is diametrically opposed to how our economy is designed to function. It also assumes that for every dollar taken from private citizens, a dollar will be put back in from the government, which is patently false. Additionally, it assumes that private citizens "hoarding" their wealth through savings and investments means that wealth isn't being allocated to the rest of the country, which is also incorrect.

[*]Just because Romney has investments in that company does not mean that he controls the votes. That would be illegal. It would have been a smart move to invest in that company as paper ballots were phased out just like it would have been a good idea to invest in Ford when the Model T was introduced.

People are attacking Romney for intelligent investing, which is absurd. We want intelligent leaders, not idiots (Obama also has plenty of foreign investments; any serious investor has foreign investments).

L1NETT

Bravo, is it US only?

---

Stay safe East Coast Americans! Hope to see you all (mostly ;-) in the Halo 4 OT

---

Shadders you jammy dodger. Enjoy it.

Romney and Obama should be the voice actors for the new rampant bipolar Cortana. It would be so much better the debates.

Those debates were great for Obama supporters and Romney opposers, or even people interested in human behavior. It was so blatantly obvious the difference in tones and behaviors between Obama and Romney. I remember after watching the first debate and talking about how I personally thought Obama was playing chess and letting Romney run his aggressive mouth, spout proven lies, dig his own hole while Obama then comes out stronger and stronger, shutting down the lies/contradictions. Chess.

Guess what I found out last week from one of my professors I told this to after the first debate who worked closely with setting up the debate at Hofstra? She actually got word that Obama was advised to play it that way in the first debate..

IMO those debates were great and those who say otherwise are either Romney supporters or those who don't understand the metagame going on behind the scenes (truth/lies, cheap/positive manipulation tactics, etc.).. or they just don't care :b

blah blah Halo blah blah

I will. Keynesian economics rests entirely on the flawed principle that the government is better at allocating resources than the free market is. It is diametrically opposed to how our economy is designed to function. It also assumes that for every dollar taken from private citizens, a dollar will be put back in from the government, which is patently false. Additionally, it assumes that private citizens "hoarding" their wealth through savings and investments means that wealth isn't being allocated to the rest of the country, which is also incorrect.

People are attacking Romney for intelligent investing, which is absurd. We want intelligent leaders, not idiots (Obama also has plenty of foreign investments; any serious investor has foreign investments).

I want to applaud this, but I shouldn't.
Please, enough politics in here, both sides.

Those debates were great for Obama supporters and Romney opposers, or even people interested in human behavior. It was so blatantly obvious the difference in tones and behaviors between Obama and Romney. I remember after watching the first debate and talking about how I personally thought Obama was playing chess and letting Romney run his aggressive mouth, spout proven lies, dig his own hole while Obama then comes out stronger and stronger, shutting down the lies/contradictions. Chess.

Guess what I found out last week from one of my professors I told this to after the first debate who worked closely with setting up the debate at Hofstra? She actually got word that Obama was advised to play it that way in the first debate..

IMO those debates were great and those who say otherwise are either Romney supporters or those who don't understand the metagame going on behind the scenes (truth/lies, cheap/positive manipulation tactics, etc.).. or they just don't care :b

blah blah Halo blah blah

OH COME ON!

Rtas

Oh gosh. This is not a defense of Romney or an attack on Obama. This is merely me pointing you towards texts you can read in order to understand both political parties.
  1. There are idiots on both sides. Always have been, always will.
  2. Obama is supports Keynesian Economics while Romney is more a pure capitalist. I will not comment on which is right; both are very different schools of economic thought within capitalism. Read Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keyes. In addition read about economic policy in Europe and America right before and after WWII.
  3. The US is not a pure democracy; it is a republic. Read up on the electoral college, the constitution, and the great compromise.
  4. Just because Romney has investments in that company does not mean that he controls the votes. That would be illegal. It would have been a smart move to invest in that company as paper ballots were phased out just like it would have been a good idea to invest in Ford when the Model T was introduced.
  5. Both parties have had problems with fraudulent voters. Not to mention voter fraud has existed forever. Read up on Greek "democracy", ballot stuffing, ACORN, etc.
  6. The big vs. small government debate has been going on since the the ratification of the constitution. Read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers.
  7. Obama isn't helping anybody and neither would Romney. That is not their place to do so. The government exists to maintain a degree of social order and to protect the rights of citizens. Go read Thomas Paine and John Locke.
  8. If you have anything else to say take it to poligaf. This is not the place to discuss these things in such depth. It was one thing to briefly talk about watching the debates since there is avatar armor. HaloGAF knows I am conservative. Heckfu (and other left wing Gaffers) and I casually poke fun at each other from time to time. This is not the place to debate. Feel free to read some of the texts I have referenced and I will be happy to discuss them with you in detail via pms.

Pointing fingers at politicians is not the answer, Junior. As I said earlier, I am happy to discuss this privately.There is a lot I know/have read, as well as a lot that I do not know/haven't read but hope to learn/read in the future.

I will read those, but also please do not refer to my Junior status as a way of condescending me Barlow, I might be a junior but I've been here for a couple of years at this point

feel

Halogaffers that legitimately can't afford to spend money on Halo 4 at launch need to step forward so we can take care of that. So it's not awkward for them they can just pay back to the community in some random way when things are less tight down the line.

Remember *****
I approve.

Great post. I agree but was trying to stay objective earlier.

I will read those, but also please do not refer to my Junior status as a way of condescending me Barlow, I might be a junior but I've been here for a couple of years at this point
The Junior thing is a joke. Ask Elzar.

Also, Unknown, you're just still bitter about those games we lost the other night.

Rtas

Holy crap, you ARE the king of all lurkers aren't you?

I don't usually like to hop in on the arguing over "OMG no visible skill is going to ruin the game" etc conversations, hence why my post count is rather low.

I've played with him online before. I guess some people actually play the game instead of arguing like we do. Crazy.

Speaking of which Barlow, you going to be playing tonight?

It is diametrically opposed to how our economy is designed to function.

Except that our economy (and the rest of the world's) is based around a central bank, and controlling ease of credit, etc. Reality would like a word with you.

People are attacking Romney for intelligent investing, which is absurd.
Conflicts of interest could care less how intelligent an investor someone is, expecially when you're discussing the integrity of a vote.

I didn't want to get in on this, because it doesn't belong here, but this is getting stupid. Just everybody drop it (now that people on both sides have had their say). For the record, just because people don't like Romney, that doesn't mean they're liberal or democrats or whatever. I would consider myself an example of just such a person.

Now let's just let it go...

UUxEc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom