• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I don't know. The internet connection and phone line went dead last Friday. Today a service man checked and could not find any problem on the ends. So he guessed the problem cause is in the cable between our house and the provider. Now he has to get approvement of the department of planning and building inspection to check it which takes its time.

I was super pumped to jump into infinity after I finish the campaign. :/ But now I fear that I have to wait four weeks to check out SpOps.

I'm looking to have to wait WEEKS just to play Halo 4, never mind online or anything.

I feels you.

Now you're thinking like a 1980's toy exec!

fantasy-homes-08.jpg

nillapuddin

so Sandy is a CAT 1, yet its going to destory the entire north eastern coast...

Am I missing something?
Lived in FL for last 15 years

Ramirez

#westcoastproblems

I keed, I keed, colds suck.

I live in SE Ky...?

Also, that CoD ad did nothing for me, it was a brilliant idea the first time around, but I couldn't even tell you who half of those people were, am I getting old, or are they not that famous?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I live in SE Ky...?

Also, that CoD ad did nothing for me, it was a brilliant idea the first time around, but I couldn't even tell you who half of those people were, am I getting old, or are they not that famous?
The only famous person I saw was Robert Downey Jr. Were the other people famous, too?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Why is that?

Seems like a bunch of HaloGaf are in that situation - kind of sucks.

That is a sad day... yesterday I thought I would be in the same boat. I found a way out of it though.

Good to hear you found a workaround, your situation sounded tough.

I've just started a new, awesome job and my current problems stem from setting up a normalised income situation and dates and those kind of things as I've no saving to fall back on.

Keeping the landlord at bay for a while, and electric and food and utilities. Need to focus on the important stuff. Come Christmas it should all be fine and dandy and everything should be set up, and predictable (and me not worrying again). Getting there from now is the hard part.

Am I missing something?
It's a combination of:
1)The North East not having the same preparation for a hurricane
2)Combining with a Nor'Easter
3)The storm is fucking huge

Basically, mother nature is giving everyone there a big middle finger.

I've just started a new, awesome job and my current problems stem from setting up a normalised income situation and dates and those kind of things as I've no saving to fall back on.

Keeping the landlord at bay for a while, and electric and food and utilities. Need to focus on the important stuff.

Awesome - at least its a positive problem :p Congrats on landing the job - I suppose Halo 4 will come out of the first pay check. :p

Rev3rb

It's a combination of:
1)The North East not having the same preparation for a hurricane
2)Combining with a Nor'Easter
3)The storm is fucking huge

Basically, mother nature is giving everyone there a big middle finger.

Yeah, they're talking about possible blizzard conditions from the combination

Am I missing something?

As we've learned in recent years, windspeed isn't everything, also, THIS

Yeah, they're talking about possible blizzard conditions from the combination

They've already begun. Weather Channel was just showing one. A NorEaster combined with one of the largest hurricanes (Cat 1 or otherwise) is just bad combined with bad to equal shit.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Awesome - at least its a positive problem :p Congrats on landing the job - I suppose Halo 4 will come out of the first pay check. :p

Yeah, I'm over the moon it's a dream job and one hell of an awesome chance for me. Really thrilled about doing it, I knew accepting it would cause some short term issues, I'm hoping to have them ironed out by the end of the year.

I have about 50 pages left in Glasslands. I found it to be nowhere near as terrible as some people made it out to be. Will be picking up Thursday War tonight and will hopefully be able to polish it off before the 6th.

Ramirez

I live in the town that contains the highest point in Ky, and it's supposedly going to get a foot of snow from this thing, and below the mountain will see 3-6 inches. I'm not sure it's ever snowed in October while I was alive, looks like it's going to cancel Halloween. :(

Buddermilk

Neo Member

Keeping the landlord at bay for a while, and electric and food and utilities. Need to focus on the important stuff. Come Christmas it should all be fine and dandy and everything should be set up, and predictable (and me not worrying again). Getting there from now is the hard part.

I hear that, I carry a firearm at work, and it took the police dept. 6 months to renew my permit, 3 of which I spent unable to work b/c of it. Wouldn't b so bad if I didn't have a wife, a newborn and a halo addiction.

TheOddOne

I have about 50 pages left in Glasslands. I found it to be nowhere near as terrible as some people made it out to be. Will be picking up Thursday War tonight and will hopefully be able to polish it off before the 6th.
I rag on it a bit too much, but I did love the stuff that ook place in the shield world. Especially grew fond of Lucy for some reason I can't explain.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I liked it, but by the last third I wanted to bang my head against a wall with all the Halsey hate, inconsistent morality, and shallow philosophizing. The constant childish bickering between Halsey and
Mendez
was extremely tiresome, too.

I just picked up The Thursday War, and it's cool. A little bit more exciting than Glasslands so far, and it looks like a lot of it will directly feed into Halo 4, which is sweet.

Sai-kun

Banned
I live in the town that contains the highest point in Ky, and it's supposedly going to get a foot of snow from this thing, and below the mountain will see 3-6 inches. I'm not sure it's ever snowed in October while I was alive, looks like it's going to cancel Halloween. :(

a foot of snow will cancel halloween.... :eek: wow, that shit cray.

THIS STORM CAN NEVER CANCEL HALLOWEEN!

original.gif

The Library Achivements can go to hell. I'll miss some gamerscore and 2 achivements but trying the map again and again is too frustrating. I'll content myself with 42 achivements and 965GS.

Watched the terminals again. Damn good. Halo 4's continue the similar type of terminals, no? Can't wait.

EDIT and Gold again now.
Just go them in the past few weeks.
Do them separately.
Try watching a guide for the no deaths one if you are having a lot of trouble. There are plenty of areas you should hide in and grenade jumps that will help you.
Make sure you use the pistol and shotty only.
Use the bandanna skull.
Be careful of the carrier forms. When they explode it is a near instakill.

brb, putting away the... um... something. Putting away something.

NOT A TRAMPOLINE, THOUGH.
I want to jump on a trampoline during a hurricane.

Barlow for president. I would pay to see this ad.

Drop pods come down all over DC. Romney and Chief look at each other fearfully. Suddenly a group of pods surrounds them. From the pods emerge the national debt, obamacare, Iranian nukes, and millions of dollars in the form of government handouts. Romney quips to the Chief, "Bet you can't stick it". Chief replies, "You're on". Cue patriotic music. Cut to black. Romney/Ryan and Halo 4 fade in. November 6. Believe in a Hero. Believe in America.

/Better than the entire marketing campaign thus far.

Drop pods come down all over DC. Romney and Chief look at each other fearfully. Suddenly a group of pods surrounds them. From the pods emerge the national debt, obamacare, Iranian nukes, and millions of dollars in the form of government handouts. Romney quips to the Chief, "Bet you can't stick it". Chief replies, "You're on". Cue patriotic music. Cut to black. Romney/Ryan and Halo 4 fade in. November 6. Believe in a Hero. Believe in America.

But why would MC team up with the ancient evil? ;)

TheOddOne

Here, take a million bucks and make a Halo movie script. No supervision, do what must be done.

I liked it, but by the last third I wanted to bang my head against a wall with all the Halsey hate, inconsistent morality, and shallow philosophizing. The constant childish bickering between Halsey and
Mendez
was extremely tiresome
, too.

I just picked up The Thursday War, and it's cool. A little bit more exciting than Glasslands so far, and it looks like a lot of it will directly feed into Halo 4, which is sweet.

The bolded is really true. The more I think about that relationship in particular the more the bickering doesn't make sense.

Rtas

Only one problem though, Romneys a moron who'll drive america back into the pockets of Oil companies, private healthcare and War. Seriously cannot understand how people in america cannot see that Obama is helping them. For god's sake a Romney supporter called Obama a commie at a rally and then when put to the question had absolutely no idea what a communist was.

That and the fact the guys family has a controlling stake in the company which makes the Evoting machines, yeah, democracy is great isn't it :D

Hey You

West Coast = Best Coast

Had to :S

I can't remember the last time western Canada got a hurricane, if even in my lifetime.
--

Have we gotten any reasoning why 343 has removed gametypes such as Infection,Assault and Race?

Those gametypes alone kill alot of custom games.

Because you're fighting the UNSC by Halo 6.

On a serious note, why do we only hear about the UNSC and the Innies. It is quite obvious that the UNSC is horrible. They are a giant oppressive government; I would think that there would be multiple political parties; or at least a bigger vs smaller gov argument going on. I would love to see the politics of the UNSC.

Rtas

On a serious note, why do we only hear about the UNSC and the Innies. It is quite obvious that the UNSC is horrible. They are a giant oppressive government; I would think that there would be multiple political parties; or at least a bigger vs smaller gov argument going on. I would love to see the politics of the UNSC.

Earth and its colonies are ruled by the UEG a totalitarian political body. Hence why the UNSC was able to enact the cole protocol, and why the Innnies are trying to break away

Woorloog

Banned
Just go them in the past few weeks.
Do them separately.
Try watching a guide for the no deaths one if you are having a lot of trouble. There are plenty of areas you should hide in and grenade jumps that will help you.
Make sure you use the pistol and shotty only.
Use the bandanna skull.
Be careful of the carrier forms. When they explode it is a near instakill.

Tried them separately. No point trying them togheter, for Speed Reader i skip as many encounters i can, this naturally leads to deaths (i lose a few second per death but ultimately i save more time by skipping the encounters).

I know (probably) most of the places for 'nade jumps and shortcuts but i just can't handle 'nade jumps well in Halo CE. And when i have only a few healthbars left, 'nade jumps are suicides.

Bandanna helps a lot, i wouldn't even try these without it. Or bothering to play on Legendary without it.

But i tried the no-deaths one so many times now i won't bother anymore. Frustrating and slow. I don't like the level at all, other than Anniversary visuals. Looks nice.
And Speed Reader... well, just no more.

I'll probably trade in my Halo CEA for Halo 4, i still have the PC version and i've played Halo CE so many times i could probably re-create the maps from my memory (interiors wouldn't be absolutely correct but i'd get them damn close for the actual maps).

Only one problem though, Romneys a moron who'll drive america back into the pockets of Oil companies, private healthcare and War. Seriously cannot understand how people in america cannot see that Obama is helping them. For god's sake a Romney supporter called Obama a commie at a rally and then when put to the question had absolutely no idea what a communist was.

That and the fact the guys family has a controlling stake in the company which makes the Evoting machines, yeah, democracy is great isn't it :D
Wrong thread?

If not, don't you think HaloGAF has enough conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom