• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop pods come down all over DC. Romney and Chief look at each other fearfully. Suddenly a group of pods surrounds them. From the pods emerge the national debt, obamacare, Iranian nukes, and millions of dollars in the form of government handouts. Romney quips to the Chief, "Bet you can't stick it". Chief replies, "You're on". Cue patriotic music. Cut to black. Romney/Ryan and Halo 4 fade in. November 6. Believe in a Hero. Believe in America.

/Better than the entire marketing campaign thus far.

H5S7a.gif

edit: welp top of the page

halo 4. 7 days

Rtas

So who in here is most affected by the Hurricane? I mean I'm in Ireland so I'm fairly sure I'm pretty damn safe, what about the rest of you guys?

As you wish, not a huge fan of politics anyways, except the fakes one inside video games
Yeah, there are other outlets on GAF for political discussion. It just has the potential to consume the thread, especially as we get closer to Election Day.

feel

Tried them separately. No point trying them togheter, for Speed Reader i skip as many encounters i can, this naturally leads to deaths (i lose a few second per death but ultimately i save more time by skipping the encounters).

I know (probably) most of the places for 'nade jumps and shortcuts but i just can't handle 'nade jumps well in Halo CE. And when i have only a few healthbars left, 'nade jumps are suicides.

Bandanna helps a lot, i wouldn't even try these without it. Or bothering to play on Legendary without it.

But i tried the no-deaths one so many times now i won't bother anymore. Frustrating and slow. I don't like the level at all, other than Anniversary visuals. Looks nice.
And Speed Reader... well, just no more.

I'll probably trade in my Halo CEA for Halo 4, i still have the PC version and i've played Halo CE so many times i could probably re-create the maps from my memory (interiors wouldn't be absolutely correct but i'd get them damn close for the actual maps).
If you really want the no deaths one, you can Save and Quit occasionally creating checkpoints for yourself, then just sign out of your profile when you die and resume from those checkpoints.

Ramirez

a foot of snow will cancel halloween.... :eek: wow, that shit cray.

I feel like this is sarcasm?

A foot of snow is a pretty big deal around here, we're not really prepared for that type of accumulation. That aside, having little kids out in windy conditions+that much snow isn't that great either, especially for my son since him getting sick is a pretty huge deal. I've been wearing a mask around the house this week to try & minimize his chances of catching it, heh.

daedalius

Drop pods come down all over DC. Romney and Chief look at each other fearfully. Suddenly a group of pods surrounds them. From the pods emerge the national debt, obamacare, Iranian nukes, and millions of dollars in the form of government handouts. Romney quips to the Chief, "Bet you can't stick it". Chief replies, "You're on". Cue patriotic music. Cut to black. Romney/Ryan and Halo 4 fade in. November 6. Believe in a Hero. Believe in America.

i2J6ycRXJeDfE.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
I feel like this is sarcasm?

A foot of snow is a pretty big deal around here, we're not really prepared for that type of accumulation. That aside, having little kids out in windy conditions+that much snow isn't that great either, especially for my son since him getting sick is a pretty huge deal. I've been wearing a mask around the house this week to try & minimize his chances of catching it, heh.

No, not sarcasm. Wonder? haha. I suppose a foot on snow on Halloween is weird in most places, but it's not that much up here in Chicago. It's weirder when we get LESS than a foot of snow! There was one winter a couple years ago where we got less than a foot total over the course of like November through March. Strangest winter ever.

neoism

man wish ever game was this good... think this my me meh last game unless Halogaf does more awesome customs... Elzar the game we played yesterday the feista one was fun....I played out the rest just to play with you guys but I really dislike MLG no sprint and the ZB...:/ if halo 4 is as fast as that kill wise I'm fucked.

Brilliant.

South Carolina hasn't been hit by a major hurricane since Hugo. We're awesome like that.

Woorloog

Banned
If you really want the no deaths one, you can Save and Quit occasionally creating checkpoints for yourself, then just sign out of your profile when you die and resume from those checkpoints.

Well... damn. I wondered if that would be possible but decided not to do it as if it wouldn't work, i would have wasted quite a lot of time.
Hmm. Maybe i'll try it once more, with this trick.
I'll leave Speed Reader undone though, i think. Or maybe i'll try it later this week, if someone wants to do it as well (Europeans preferred due to co-op netcode woes).

bGanci

Banned
man wish ever game was this good... think this my me meh last game unless Halogaf does more awesome customs... Elzar the game we played yesterday the feista one was fun....I played out the rest just to play with you guys but I really dislike MLG no sprint and the ZB...:/ if halo 4 is as fast as that kill wise I'm fucked.
It's faster from what I understand

Sai-kun

Banned
Only just barely on topic, but I think I'm gonna go see Alvin Risk
and Birdy Nam Nam and Seven Lions!
this weekend. :D Hopefully he'll drop Nemesis in his set!

Rtas

Anyone up for a game of reach later? I'll post on here right before I go on, my GT is on the HaloGaf list. Deathman1000

Karl2177

No, not sarcasm. Wonder? haha. I suppose a foot on snow on Halloween is weird in most places, but it's not that much up here in Chicago. It's weirder when we get LESS than a foot of snow! There was one winter a couple years ago where we got less than a foot total over the course of like November through March. Strangest winter ever.

Last year we(Iowa) had a total of around 7 inches of accumulation over the entire winter. It was super nice then, because I was driving from home to class every day. This year, I'm all for the snow and canceling classes, because it's a 5 minute walk to them if one isn't cancelled.

Only one problem though, Romneys a moron who'll drive america back into the pockets of Oil companies, private healthcare and War. Seriously cannot understand how people in america cannot see that Obama is helping them. For god's sake a Romney supporter called Obama a commie at a rally and then when put to the question had absolutely no idea what a communist was.

That and the fact the guys family has a controlling stake in the company which makes the Evoting machines, yeah, democracy is great isn't it :D
Oh gosh. This is not a defense of Romney or an attack on Obama. This is merely me pointing you towards texts you can read in order to understand both political parties.
  1. There are idiots on both sides. Always have been, always will.
  2. Obama is supports Keynesian Economics while Romney is more a pure capitalist. I will not comment on which is right; both are very different schools of economic thought within capitalism. Read Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keyes. In addition read about economic policy in Europe and America right before and after WWII.
  3. The US is not a pure democracy; it is a republic. Read up on the electoral college, the constitution, and the great compromise.
  4. Just because Romney has investments in that company does not mean that he controls the votes. That would be illegal. It would have been a smart move to invest in that company as paper ballots were phased out just like it would have been a good idea to invest in Ford when the Model T was introduced.
  5. Both parties have had problems with fraudulent voters. Not to mention voter fraud has existed forever. Read up on Greek "democracy", ballot stuffing, ACORN, etc.
  6. The big vs. small government debate has been going on since the the ratification of the constitution. Read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers.
  7. Obama isn't helping anybody and neither would Romney. That is not their place to do so. The government exists to maintain a degree of social order and to protect the rights of citizens. Go read Thomas Paine and John Locke.
  8. If you have anything else to say take it to poligaf. This is not the place to discuss these things in such depth. It was one thing to briefly talk about watching the debates since there is avatar armor. HaloGAF knows I am conservative. Heckfu (and other left wing Gaffers) and I casually poke fun at each other from time to time. This is not the place to debate. Feel free to read some of the texts I have referenced and I will be happy to discuss them with you in detail via pms.

Pointing fingers at politicians is not the answer, Junior. As I said earlier, I am happy to discuss this privately.There is a lot I know/have read, as well as a lot that I do not know/haven't read but hope to learn/read in the future.

He's never even heard of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The movie? I have. I think you may be confusing me with another member.

Awesome Barlow the latest member of HaloGAF to disappoint me.
HaloGAF's left wing members and I poke fun at each other during games all the time.
Tried them separately. No point trying them togheter, for Speed Reader i skip as many encounters i can, this naturally leads to deaths (i lose a few second per death but ultimately i save more time by skipping the encounters).

I know (probably) most of the places for 'nade jumps and shortcuts but i just can't handle 'nade jumps well in Halo CE. And when i have only a few healthbars left, 'nade jumps are suicides.

Bandanna helps a lot, i wouldn't even try these without it. Or bothering to play on Legendary without it.

But i tried the no-deaths one so many times now i won't bother anymore. Frustrating and slow. I don't like the level at all, other than Anniversary visuals. Looks nice.
And Speed Reader... well, just no more.

I'll probably trade in my Halo CEA for Halo 4, i still have the PC version and i've played Halo CE so many times i could probably re-create the maps from my memory (interiors wouldn't be absolutely correct but i'd get them damn close for the actual maps).
Watch a video guide.

Oh gosh. This is not a defense of Romney or an attack on Obama. This is merely me pointing you towards texts you can read in order to understand both political parties.
  1. There are idiots on both sides. Always have been, always will.
  2. Obama is supports Keynesian Economics while Romney is more a pure capitalist. I will not comment on which is right; both are very different schools of economic thought within capitalism. Read Adam Smith, Karl Marx, and John Maynard Keyes. In addition read about economic policy in Europe and America right before and after WWII.
  3. The US is not a pure democracy; it is a republic. Read up on the electoral college, the constitution, and the great compromise.
  4. Just because Romney has investments in that company does not mean that he controls the votes. That would be illegal. It would have been a smart move to invest in that company as paper ballots were phased out just like it would have been a good idea to invest in Ford when the Model T was introduced.
  5. Both parties have had problems with fraudulent voters. Not to mention voter fraud has existed forever. Read up on Greek "democracy", ballot stuffing, ACORN, etc.
  6. The big vs. small government debate has been going on since the the ratification of the constitution. Read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers.
  7. Obama isn't helping anybody and neither would Romney. That is not their place to do so. The government exists to maintain a degree of social order and to protect the rights of citizens. Go read Thomas Paine and John Locke.
  8. If you have anything else to say take it to poligaf. This is not the place to discuss these things in such depth. It was one thing to briefly talk about watching the debates since there is avatar armor. HaloGAF knows I am conservative. Heckfu (and other left wing Gaffers) and I casually poke fun at each other from time to time. This is not the place to debate. Feel free to read some of the texts I have referenced and I will be happy to discuss them with you in detail via pms.

Pointing fingers at politicians is not the answer, Junior. As I said earlier, I am happy to discuss this privately.There is a lot I know/have read, as well as a lot that I do not know/haven't read but hope to learn/read in the future.

s3AoP.gif

Thank you, fellow conservative.
Halo, everyone.
My first .gif, I feel as if I've crossed some major milestone or something.

[*]If you have anything else to say take it to poligaf. This is not the place to discuss these things in such depth. It was one thing to briefly talk about watching the debates since there is avatar armor. HaloGAF knows I am conservative. Heckfu (and other left wing Gaffers) and I casually poke fun at each other from time to time. This is not the place to debate. Feel free to read some of the texts I have referenced and I will be happy to discuss them with you in detail via pms.

Haha, "Let me make all my points, and if you want to respond please go somewhere else." Nice job.

daedalius

I never see Barlow in Poligaf.

Misrepresenting yourself again, eh?

P of Poland still has the best response from a few pages ago to shake. I promptly ignored him.

The modern conservative reply: 'you wouldn't understand, but I'm right and you're wrong, and I don't have time to explain why.'

I directed him to both liberal and conservative texts as well as objective texts. That was a very objective post, not an attack on liberals at all. I have no more to discuss.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Stay safe east coasters.

Also no politics here please. We all have beliefs, bitching about them won't change a thing; especially in a Halo thread of all places lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom