• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

I've seen pages of your comments and I don't recall one things you've posted that could be considered constructive criticism.

Maybe you could enlighten us and post your ideal settings? I'm sure your version of the game will please 100% of Halo gamers while attracting a large new customer base too.

dDiQn.gif

kylej

Banned
I've seen pages of your comments and I don't recall one thing you've posted that could be considered constructive criticism.

Maybe you could enlighten us and post your ideal settings? I'm sure your version of the game will please 100% of Halo gamers while attracting a large new customer base too.

Here are some of juices' suggestions from 2009 (before most people here even knew about gaf)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18757198&postcount=14556

After spending years writing out well reasoned detailed critiques and suggestions and seeing them ignored in favor of removing Squad Slayer from the game and making Forge grey blocks again, you tend to stop giving a shit.

cocamola

Banned
Here are some of juices' suggestions from 2009 (before most people here even knew about gaf)

After spending years writing out well reasoned detailed critiques and suggestions and seeing them ignored in favor of removing Squad Slayer from the game and making Forge grey blocks again, you tend to stop giving a shit.

Forge isn't grey. It's Brown on one map and white on the other two. Plus i actually find the forge pieces clean and work very well in Halo 4.

I'm sure Infinity slayer is 5v5 too.

Oozer3993

because no one has read those since the n64 days.

The manual that came with the Halo 2 Collector's Edition was awesome. It was written from the perspective of the Covenant. It didn't have a "Weapons" section, it had a "Noble Tools of Conquest" section

Can somebody Didactify my avatar?

(An idea, if you could make the didact symbol in the same pixel style as the rest of the avatar that would be cool)

MrDaravon

how many reviews of a game have you ever read that dont contain information about the story?

Beyond already publicly released information from the developer, basic premise, or what's on the back of the box? About none. Are you actually suggesting that reviewers are going to put such specific story beats in reviews that it would constitute an actual spoiler? And even in this crazy scenario, rules about spoiler tagging still apply, and there is still a spoiler thread. Someone coming in and posting untagged (legitimate) spoilers would still be punished appropriately by someone on the mod team....just like what is happening now.

I take it back, apologises xxxJuicesxxx and I have to agree with basically 100% of that post. Very good points although there is very little in terms of actual game mechanics, kiddy type gimmicks and marketing but I get your point.

I can also agree that you do get sick of posting without things showing up in the game but I'm an eternal optimist so I can't help but post.

Yes but you see all this stuff is like fluff its distraction, I'm saying the game is suffering because of all this random hot garbage.

I have to agree I'd prefer to the resources spent on more quality maps built for specific gametypes or the return of clan gaming or developer tournaments with default settings etc. I do like the novels and FUD though, no complaints on those resources spent. I could care less about armour and progression. Just give the loadouts from day one and have a social/ranked separated experience.

It should be on the marketplace on launch day or soon after. The only thing you get up front is the unique helmets. The DLC map packs will be months away so you shouldn't need the pass on or before launch.

Indeed, I just wanted to make sure I had my ducks in a row before cancelling the LE. Make sure I wasn't missing any details.

Thank you!

Well somehow Obama started criticizing Romney's domestic policy and now he has to defend his views...this is the foreign policy debate.

Oh my goodness Romney finished his defense and now Obama is talking about education. THIS IS THE FOREIGN POLICY DEBATE. Goodness.

/halo armor.

Enfinit

Those are actually all great ideas.

Also, this part right here:

(before most people here even knew about gaf)

Please enlighten me on what this has to do with anything.

No no no, get that political talk out of here. We decided this last thread!

Political HaloGAF sub community.

Juices list of shit the next big halo needs:

Basic options all games should have these days:

1. Complete button mapping of controls option.
2. Split the x and y axis sensitivities.
3. Split effects, music, and speech volumes.

Suggestions that would be cool:

4. Left trigger rewinds films for quick 'reverse' when viewing films in Theater Mode. Like a scribble dial.
5. Include Midship and Lockout and The Pit as a multiplayer map from release.
6. Options for certain kill types to reduce score. (This might be already there?)
7. Option to lock no-zoom for no scopes game type.
8. Bring back the lock on rockets
9. No more spread please. Hitscan weapons please. Thanks. Leading and Huge Bursts are fucking stupid and random and have no place in a competitive FPS.
10. View ping #'s.
11. View host. Make a host icon somewhere so it's clear. Make this decision controllable to the Party Leader in Custom's lobby.
12. Timed weapon switches, Pistol's faster to pull out then a rocket launcher. I love this about CoD and it should totally be copied.
13. Bring back Quick Reload, the YY and the XBXR.
14. Option to force or lock elite or Spartan models. For game types like SWAT.
15. New vetoing system - Map 1 Map 2 choice buttons X Y for choice, Gametype 1 Gametype 2 A B button for choice. Ability to switch choice while countdown. (It was Annoying in Halo 3 that if you pressed X by accident you couldn't undo it) 10 seconds for choices, calculate votes, load map, start game, simple.

Improving on some common H3 problems:

16. Reduce 'broken geometry' as much as possible. This is when nades or other items get stuck or fall in between invisible cracks, walls or illogical spots, or explosions generally from nades and rockets have splash damage that travels through walls and floors. Do this in campaign but also take extra extra extra extra time to check for them on all MP maps.
17. Option to use part of your hard drive as a recent games played cache, so switching discs does not remove all your last games played.
18. Like Mass Effect give a button to command troops where to go in campaign, Most NPC's in the previous campaigns are useless. In hard modes they go out in the open and get killed instantly.
19. Use the timer countdown before a match starts, and when new host is picked similar to CoDMW's system. In Halo currently people can move whenever there connection gets into the game and I've seen people grab bombs before I've even left black screen and joined into the game and gotten control of my character. When you are taking a standardized test you don't get to open the exam booklet before everyone else because your mom dropped you off first, Right Dax?
20. Remove or fix dead body physics. Sniper bullets will go through live enemies but not dead bodies? Makes no sense. I think theres also some other weird things that happen with them, but I've forgotten at the moment and don't plan on playing anymore H3.

Wish list as in I know it won't happen but in my dreams:

21. HaloTV. Add an option in the main menu for HaloTV. Buffer and download a random game that a server would randomly choose and download and then upload to any person entering HaloTV and have the next games download while watching the current game, will be like Theater mode but without any control over it, watching a completely randomly selected game(or criteria based on dates and time or something) Only use MVP or winning team player footage and add some basic algorithms as to make sure you are watching a moving player. Essentially you'll just be able to watch Halo at any time when bored or tired of playing. Learning cool shit by watching others or laughing at bad kids.
22. Add pregame chat lobby, for users with no microphone but a USB keyboard(many people simply prefer that kind of privacy while playing strangers). In game chat also (not cross team on ranked, cross team on social) Good word filter please. It also facilitates communication exchange online for the deaf and or mute.
23. Dedicated Servers. Yea Yea.
24. Have to do something about the frame rate, 60 fps preferably but if unable, a locked non-dipping frame rate. Its fucking annoying that frame rate actually effects MP games when there's more than two enemies strafing up close on your screen or there are stairs or walls and stairs with too much fencing and or too much equipment that causes slowdown.
25. Very basic Weapon Stat Modifier. Maybe Damage of weapon (Different from changing global weapon damage) and Rate of Fire and Mag Size. This would allow things like rocket launchers with huge clips and quick firing, Adjusting the BR for MLG perfection, and adjusting anything else that needs to be in the future and for creating crazy gametypes.
26. Clan Support added back into Halo. H2's Clan System was amazing for its time. Why throw that shit away?
27. A ranking system where there was no reaching the top, you are scored and placed on a scale based on all players. Only the best players would be at the top the rest would fall somewhere within. Chosen by a few qualifiers win percentage, k/d, some sort of scoring system. This means your number might even change while not playing, but would give the closest competitive games by placing you with players with similar stats with you and against you.
28. In game challenges like CoD. Straight up copy this, challenges are fun as shit.

Forge

29. Holding X button temporarily turns on a Snap-to feature.
30. Triggered doors.
31. Option to turn object clippable and then unclippable so you can easily meld two objects.
32. Flat open level with terrain height adjustability.
33. Give us some fucking big walls so we don't have to use thousands of walls and bridges and hours to close areas up.
Great post. Thanks for linking, Kyle!

I have to agree I'd prefer to the resources spent on more quality maps built for specific gametypes or the return of clan gaming or developer tournaments with default settings etc. I do like the novels and FUD though, no complaints on those resources spent. I could care less about armour and progression. Just give the loadouts from day one and have a social/ranked separated experience.

What resources that made FUd would you rather made The Pit or the return of clan gaming? Please elaborate.

Also, I lol'd at the bolded.

The gameplay is unaffected by any other medium. Your argument is the only hot garbage here.

Simply untrue.

There had to be some guy who made a thing that allowed the game to recognize if you had a x2 exp code or not so the game knows how many SPARTANBUCKS you receive.

That had to be programmed in.

This is just one little tiny example but I'm sure there are plenty of other things that changed the production and development of Halo 4. Some big some small.

You literally have bulletins explaining what you get when you buy Halo and people are still confused as shit. Even though they only have 2 editions when Reach and H3 had 3! and that was less confusing!

Damn this thread is moving fast.. OT12 before Halo 4? Quickly skimmed through ~20 pages and these are the only two worthy gifs I came across..

Sai:
BxrN3.gif

ExWife:
bDzES.gif

Thank you, thank you for these B]

About to hop on this debate. Has Romney answered any questions directly yet? ;]

MrDaravon

I just find it hard to believe someone will not write about the ending

Please point me to a review of a videogame where they went into any sort of detail whatsoever regarding an ending, or at least one that wasn't done by some dude's blog in Germany or something off the wall like that.

And again, even if that happened, spoiler rules still apply. Just because one person on the internet writes about it doesn't mean everyone can just come and post it wherever without spoiler tags and it's allowed. Hell, I've seen pirate reviews of the game, can we post those without spoilers?

m23

Happy to hear FUD is downloadable rather than a stream. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the physical things included. Hopefully that small booklet is a good read.

kylej

Banned
Please enlighten me on what this has to do with anything.

because all these boring ass white noise Halo Waypoint posters who joined to talk to Frankie are always whining about lack of constructive criticism. I know you guys get excited like this forum is some sort of cool kids club but nobody who has been here for years cares about repeating suggestions and rehashing arguments they had 4 years ago

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
This is not a game of Battleship! HaloPoliGaf2012!

Seriously, While i'm glad i'm watching debates for the first time, I'm also pissed that i have to watch debates for the first time to get some stupid armor for my avatar.

Simply untrue.

There had to be some guy who made a thing that allowed the game to recognize if you had a x2 exp code or not so the game knows how many SPARTANBUCKS you receive.

That had to be programmed in.

This is just one little tiny example but I'm sure these other things effected the production of Halo.

You literally have bulletins explaining what you get when you buy Halo and people are still confused as shit. Even though they only have 2 editions when Reach and H3 had 3! and that was less confusing!

I don't know why you brought up the bolded. I totally agree with how they dropped the info.

You don't care for fluff, so why care about what people enjoy in FUD or some hashtag? It's embarrasing is it? Why don't you grow up and stop feeling embarrased for something someone else is doing? What they enjoy literally impacts your love of gameplay in no tangible way.

Throw a hissy fit about all this embarrasing shit about halo that you don't like but at least have the common sense to realise when making a tv series doesn't impact on making a game in any way.

Enfinit

because all these boring ass white noise Halo Waypoint posters who joined to talk to Frankie are always whining about lack of constructive criticism. I know you guys get excited like this forum is some sort of cool kids club but nobody who has been here for years cares about repeating suggestions and rehashing arguments they had 4 years ago

Because you're definitely not stereotyping at all. I might be wrong, but join date entitles you to being cooler? If that's the case you must be pretty cool.

So I finally decided to give Reach a shot after not playing for over 6 months. First few games my general thought process was, "Man, why does halogaf talk so much shit about this game? It just feels good." Then I played uncaged against 2 jetpacks and 2 armor locks. I turned off the game.

Be thankful it wasn't Reflection against All jetpacks.

Didn't play reflection at all, thank goodness, but yes that is bad. The gameplay in Reach feels really good sans a few already mentioned things, its a shame the maps seem like they were designed for a different game.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So I finally decided to give Reach a shot after not playing for over 6 months. First few games my general thought process was, "Man, why does halogaf talk so much shit about this game? It just feels good." Then I played uncaged against 2 jetpacks and 2 armor locks. I turned off the game.

Be thankful it wasn't Reflection against All jetpacks.

heckfu

Banned

Seriously, While i'm glad i'm watching debates for the first time, I'm also pissed that i have to watch debates for the first time to get some stupid armor for my avatar.

edit: nvm

whoops, forgot we weren't discussing politics.

What resources that made FUd would you rather made The Pit or the return of clan gaming? Please elaborate.

Also, I lol'd at the bolded.

I posted that I like FUD but overall resources making all the armour and progression system etc could have been condensed down to day one loadouts while increasing the quality and quantity of multiplayer maps or the scope of Spartan Ops missions or the Forge assets or a voting feedback system in game or a YouTube style rending service or even keeping the official Halo 4 website up to date with what has been released or completing the API for third party website integrations. I could keep going...

A bit elitist mate and actually I come from B.net also I wouldn't classify my posts as noise considering I stay on topic more than most and post more than a one liner...Also I'm far from a kid mate, 36 years old to be exact.

Anyhow can't please everybody.

You needed to watch three for the armor...

Jedi Otter

Happy to hear FUD is downloadable rather than a stream. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with the physical things included. Hopefully that small booklet is a good read.

Has FUD been like, super-duper confirmed as downloadable, or is it just people saying downloadable? Cuz the Halo Reach legendary content was also a code, but it was still streaming content.

I posted that I like FUD but overall resources making all the armour and progression system etc could have been condensed down to day one loadouts while increasing the quality and quantity of multiplayer maps or the scope of Spartan Ops missions or the Forge assets or a voting feedback system in game or a YouTube style rending service or even keeping the official Halo 4 website up to date with what has been released or completing the API for third party website integrations. I could keep going...

Anyhow can't please everybody.

You hit the nail on the head.

Throw a hissy fit about all this embarrasing shit about halo that you don't like but at least have the common sense to realise when making a tv series doesn't impact on making a game in any way.

Not true, its included in the LE. Yet that doesn't add any value for me. I'd much rather have the FuD series all that money. Get dedi's instead. This would have a positive impact on something that actually matters, THE ACTUAL GAME OF HALO. The thing we will be playing thousands of games of in a few short weeks.

Added value.

Where the hell would that money go if it wasnt used for FuD? Into some top exec from M$'s pocket? Hell no way ahead of time they said lets put this much cash into Halo, lets divide it like this. Then they went and it was so.

Bsigg12

Do not just stop at the debates. Read the news (from both biases) and research these candidates on your own time.
Caught you.

This 1000 times. Politics are something people need to be involved with and understand even on a basic level. Microsoft is doing a good thing in trying to get people to watch the debates, it shows people what we will be voting for on the 6th.

Also, a Halo ad directly after the debate on all major stations would be amazing.

Not true, its included in the LE. Yet that doesn't add any value for me. I'd much rather have the FuD series all that money. Get dedi's instead. This would have a positive impact on something that actually matters, THE ACTUAL GAME OF HALO. The thing we will be playing thousands of games of in a few short weeks.

Added value.

Where the hell would that money go if it wasnt used for FuD?
Into some top exec from M$'s pocket? Hell no way ahead of time they said lets put this much cash into Halo, lets divide it like this. Then they went and it was so.

You're a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom