• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Can't watch it right now - are the digital extras all one code or individual codes?

Both the IGN one and the other one with the guy from the newspaper aren't clear, they don't show them in great detail. The IGN one showed that the FUD code was different, but all of the avatar and other ones were on the same card. But neither video specified if they were separate codes or not, and I at least didn't get a clear enough look at the cards to tell.

Jedi Otter

Okay, watched the LE unboxing, and gotta say that the 'briefing packet" looks pretty neat. I'm a sucker for all that stuff.

Debate time.

They just asked some undecided voter on CNN something, and I'm thinking, "how the fuck are you still undecided at this point". They said want to hear more about the economic polices of the president and job creation

"Well I'm afraid you might be disappointed because this is a foreign policy debate"

holy shit

edit: HaloGAF politics

watership

I've been thinking about FUD, and now I'm concerned about something.
John is like 15-16 during FUD, correct? They keep calling him "Chief" in the trailer for episode 4. Is he a Master Chief already? Is there is history of his rank climb anywhere? I know they called him Master Chief in 'The Package' but I can't seem to see a year associated to that event.

They just asked some undecided voter on CNN something, and I'm thinking, "how the fuck are you still undecided at this point". They said want to hear more about the economic polices of the president and job creation

"Well I'm afraid you might be disappointed because this is a foreign policy debate"

holy shit

edit: HaloGAF politics
It is crazy to think about the fact that the candidates are truly only fighting for such a small number of votes.

Fotos

Am I the only one who wants to see the back of the game case?

John is like 15-16 during FUD, correct? They keep calling him "Chief" in the trailer for episode 4. Is he a Master Chief already? Is there is history of his rank climb anywhere? I know they called him Master Chief in 'The Package' but I can't seem to see a year associated to that event.

Isn't he like in his 20's or 30's?

nillapuddin

So GAF will be super un-safe on the 1st then..

It wont be bannable to talk about publicly available info, how will we stay unspoiled?

darthbob

I really doubt they'd overlook that. I mean, right, Fronklez?

cocamola

Banned
Stupid bottom of page

napsta.jpg

Here you go. <3

Pop

I was at my local Gamestop earlier and noticed that the H4 season pass was $30, Blops season pass was $50.

How many DLC content does the H4 season pass come with?

You are such a babby. Quit FedEx, it's making you grumpy.

No its not that, even though I did pull a Deadly Cyclone and apply for more 343 industries jobs.

What I am continually mad about is all this childish stuff.

DLC, skins, armors, preorder codes. Its so babby. If someone pulled something like this in real life he'd totally get his ass kicked. For some reason we as gamers just put up with it and even further eat it up! Its embarrasing.

Annoying emails with pictures that feature literally NO Halo content.

Annoying shitty webseries tv show about some spartans in training. while technical progression is stalled in the halo4 series while people blame archaic hardware even though other companies do it and create a more popular game? yet you actually copy that game but take the worst parts and leave out the best parts?

I thought Halo was a video game wt shit is going on?

MrDaravon

So GAF will be super un-safe on the 1st then..

It wont be bannable to talk about publicly available info, how will we stay unspoiled?

I don't understand, you think reviewers are going to spoil the game in reviews?

I was at my local Gamestop earlier and noticed that the H4 season pass was $30, Blops season pass was $50.

It's 3 War Games packs (3 maps each). However it should have been $25 and not $30, $30 is the retail price if you buy them separately. Looking at their website it doesn't seem like the Season Pass is even listed yet, so that may have been an error or something at your store. The Blops season pass is correct at $50 though, on that one it's $60 to buy all of the DLC separately (4 $15 packs).

Redford

aka Cabbie
Just tried to watch the Infinity multiplayer video again but I turned it off when they said 'situational record' instead of killcam, and tried to pass it off as something exciting. I'm trying to think of one change to Halo 4 multiplayer that's actually an exciting innovation, can anyone suggest one? I'm being serious.

If we're talking about just within the multiplayer sandbox and not extraneous meta-game stuff like theatre, I don't imagine any of us really want "exciting innovations" based on how quickly after launch AAs turned sour in 2010. At least the CoD-style additions are somewhat predictable in how they'll affect the game.

Bsigg12

Should be $24.99 for 3 packs with 3 maps each. That's typical Halo fare when it comes to maps unless its the Anniversary map pack.

MrDaravon

no, they have to "spoil" the game.

nothing will keep people who want to be spoiled from reading the reviews, then posting here about it.

I...what?

Is the Gamestop season pass thing any different?

Usually not. For the Borderlands 2 Season Pass they hilariously were just selling you a $30 MS/PSN point card. I had two friends who fell for it, and when they got home they found out it wasn't even a unique code for the pass, they just gave Gamestop money for literally no reason.

Aw I'm late to the "rip on timetokill's stats" fun :p that guy sucks so badddd

Haha I want to throw a dealwithit.gif at you.
don't hate me juices <3
Honestly I am so in the same bed with Time to Kill. Yes, THE SAME BED!!!

Hey man I've never had complaints about my bed, all are welcome

Sanjuro

Usually not. For the Borderlands 2 Season Pass they hilariously were just selling you a $30 MS/PSN point card. I had two friends who fell for it, and when they got home they found out it wasn't even a unique code for the pass, they just gave Gamestop money for literally no reason.

That's what I figured. I'll just grab the pass of XBL. I've never purchased anything like that before, so Halo 4 will be my first.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

That's exactly what the H4 season pass is.

2000 MS points to purchase said pass when it comes out.

MrDaravon

That must be a new thing, at least before they codes they were selling were specifically for the product. That's pretty awful.

So are the season passes already being sold then? How does that work? Will the pass be available on the Marketplace at launch?

I'm cancelling my LE in favor of the regular edition plus the separate pass, but I want to make sure it will be available to me easily before I do so.

Pop

It's 3 War Games packs (3 maps each). However it should have been $25 and not $30, $30 is the retail price if you buy them separately. Looking at their website it doesn't seem like the Season Pass is even listed yet, so that may have been an error or something at your store. The Blops season pass is correct at $50 though, on that one it's $60 to buy all of the DLC separately (4 $15 packs).

So that seems right, Blops 2 comes with 4 DLC and H4 comes with 3. Blops 2 season pass seems way over priced though.

willow ve

So are the season passes already being sold then? How does that work? Will the pass be available on the Marketplace at launch?

I'm cancelling my LE in favor of the regular edition plus the separate pass, but I want to make sure it will be available to me easily before I do so.

It should be on the marketplace on launch day or soon after. The only thing you get up front is the unique helmets. The DLC map packs will be months away so you shouldn't need the pass on or before launch.

nillapuddin

I...what?

srsly.

SPOILERS WILL BE PUBLIC ON THE 1ST

PEOPLE WILL POST THEM HERE

WE GET SPOILED

THEY CANT GET IN TROUBLE

------------------------------------

Im saying how will we handle people spoiling Campaign for a week before the actual game comes out
(im not angry at you btw, I just dont understand how your confused)

No its not that, even though I did pull a Deadly Cyclone and apply for more 343 industries jobs.

DLC, skins, armors, preorder codes. Its so babby. If someone pulled something like this in real life he'd totally get his ass kicked. For some reason we as gamers just put up with it and even further eat it up! Its embarrasing.

Annoying emails with pictures that feature literally NO Halo content.

Annoying shitty webseries tv show about some spartans in training. while technical progression is stalled in the halo4 series while people blame archaic hardware even though other companies do it and create a more popular game? yet you actually copy that game but take the worst parts and leave out the best parts?

I thought Halo was a video game wt shit is going on?

So just play the game. Simples. No one's forcing you to watch tv or drink Mtn Dew.

Karl2177

Hm. How's Sunday night from 6 - 10pm EST?
That should work pretty well for me.

Definitely off-topic, but I need to rant somewhere: fuck Iowa State Internet. For the birthplace of the computer this place can't hold a fucking wifi connection to any goddamn device. I'm in the library attempting to finish my compsci, and anytime I want to save to the fucking Iowa State servers I have to check if the wifi is connected. Any device of mine drops connection, and I've had to restart my homework at least 3 times. It's not just me either. The girl next to me just yelled out "Fuck the Internet", slammed her laptop shut and left.

MrDaravon

srsly.

SPOILERS WILL BE PUBLIC ON THE 1ST

PEOPLE WILL POST THEM HERE

WE GET SPOILED

THEY CANT GET IN TROUBLE

------------------------------------

Im saying how will we handle people spoiling Campaign for a week before the actual game comes out

You're losing me at spoilers on the 1st part. srsly. The game's already leaked, people can already enact this nightmare scenario you've created. I'm assuming you're somehow referring to the reviews, but offhand I can think of any games where an outlet has intentionally put spoilers in the review. Hence my confusion. What is changing on the first exactly?

willow ve

I don't know where everyone else lives, but here in the middle of the US we still don't have Gamer Fuel or Doritos with codes. Maybe I live in too healthy of a county where no one buys Doritos or Dew so it takes forever to restock...

I've seen pages of your comments and I don't recall one thing you've posted that could be considered constructive criticism.

Maybe you could enlighten us and post your ideal settings? I'm sure your version of the game and associated marketing will please 100% of Halo gamers while attracting a large new customer base too.

That should work pretty well for me.

Definitely off-topic, but I need to rant somewhere: fuck Iowa State Internet. For the birthplace of the computer this place can't hold a fucking wifi connection to any goddamn device. I'm in the library attempting to finish my compsci, and anytime I want to save to the fucking Iowa State servers I have to check if the wifi is connected. Any device of mine drops connection, and I've had to restart my homework at least 3 times. It's not just me either. The girl next to me just yelled out "Fuck the Internet", slammed her laptop shut and left.

Sounds almost as bad as USC wireless. Terrible service. Use an ethernet cable.

Bsigg12

I'm getting spammed by Xbox with the "Evil Awakens" email. I've received it 4 times now from them. They're really trying to warn me that evil is awakening and that it's a hash tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom