• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lame as shit I say. LAME AS SHIT.

Other starting weapons would probably be there if more loadout slots were available. The secondary and AA vary between loadouts so the slots are used up quick.

DMR/Magnum/Thruster
DMR/Boltshot/Jetpack
DMR/Magnum/Hologram
BR/Magnum/Thruster
BR/Boltshot/Jetpack

Resupply and Dexterity on everything.

Cow

I hope the CSR penalises people who leave games early and joining in progress has no effect on your CSR whether your team wins or loses. You have to be in the game from start to finish for any positive effect on CSR.

daedalius

That 1 minute H4 trailer ad seems to be cut together much better than the original long one.

Really like how it splits off to the memories while the beam is going up MC instead of doing it all at once.

willow ve

Man Pistola was one of my favorite players in Halo 3, hope he gets back on his game.

When he's with his normal teammates he'll be fine. In these "classic" aka exhibition matches there isn't much team chemistry left.

Is drop in/out still in multiplayer?

How is that going to work with the ranking system?

What was this "competitive ranking system" you guys were talking about?

Seconded. Ranking system is implemented?

CyReN

Cyren, what's your opinion on Solace so far? Not counting Ragnarok, that was my favorite map out of the ones I played.

I like it a lot, I've only played IS 4v4 and Flood on it. I'd really like to try CTF on it sometime, really love the middle bean jump.

Roche

The games isn't out yet lol. He will be really good just like every other halo,

I know, I know I shouldn't judge. Seeing classic TD get wiped out like that isn't easy to watch is all.

I stopped following along with Halo MLG when Reach came out so I've no idea what the current teams are, so it was fun to see some good ol' Str8 vs. TD.

Trickster

No, but it leaves us in "good graces". 240+ teams at one event is pretty crazy, especially this time of year since last year in Providence (also in November) was one of the lowest turnouts I've seen for a event with 80ish teams.

The game you have makes a big difference, Halo back.

Isn't viewership more important though? Hows that so far

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Excited for ranks, appreciate 343's efforts to try and make ranks work.

It's cool that it seems things are pretty flexible behind the scenes of the game- huge potential to see things fresh.

willow ve

Just read through the full CSR (ranking) system that will be used in Halo 4.

1-50 : check
Ranked per hopper : check
343 responds to community feedback : check

I give this a solid 8 out of 10. Really glad to see 343 listen to community feedback (even if it was whining and trolling on the Waypoint forutms, etc.) and take actionable steps to correct course for the community. This is something that was severely lacking with the way Reach was handled. Good on you boys (and girls).

Would be a 10 if you could see the rank in game, but for now a Waypoint/Smartglass app will have to fill the void. Here's to hoping the team is already planning on this being in Halo 5 on launch day.

Source for those still looking http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx

edit - Damn MLG, this commercial break is taking forever. (Really glad to have Halo back on circuit - at least for now).

Love this downtime music

2989739_o.gif

Ramirez

I forgot to tell you guys, I mailed the packages out, so you shall be getting your goodies next week sometime I would assume.

I also just purchased the A40 2013 edition headset, that's a lot of money. Hope it was worth it!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Here we go, the real MLG Gametype

Edit: I love that Formal and APG get to play Halo 4 on the mainstage and it's Grifball

Well I guess no more junior jokes! Feels like escaped death.
Now we will just call you "Member". Congrats.

Man, finished up FUD a little bit ago, what a pleasant surprise that turned out to be.
Yeah. Exceeded expectations from episode 1 all the way through the end. Between FUD and this MLG stream my hype levels are at maximum.

I'm starting to believe that with some tweaks infinity slayer could be a legitimate MLG game type.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
im going DMR/Lightrifle...the br is ok but is sounds like halo 3s..terrible.

my planned primary will be dmr or br, whichever is more rare, then i'll swap my secondary for the first more common of the two i come across.

Overdoziz

Banned
No radar
No personal ordnance drops
No random global ordnance drops, just set ones
No instant respawn
No sprint
No Promethean vision
No Jetpack
No Camo
No automatic rifles
Allow everything else
Add a final killcam
Add power-ups on the map

MLG

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No radar
No instant respawn
No sprint
No Promethean vision
No Jetpack
No Camo
No automatic rifles
Allow everything else
Add a final killcam
Add power-ups on the map

MLG

Open your eyes my child

willow ve

No radar
No instant respawn
No sprint
No Promethean vision
No Jetpack
No Camo
No automatic rifles
Allow everything else
Add a final killcam
Add power-ups on the map

MLG

Open your eyes my child

It might not go as drastic as all that, but it will most certainly be stripped down from the current iteration. Jetpack, at least, will be removed. As discussed, ad naseum, here it literally just ignores any sort of map design.

No radar
No instant respawn
No sprint
No Promethean vision
No Jetpack
No Camo
No automatic rifles
Allow everything else
Add a final killcam
Add power-ups on the map

MLG

Is this an approving post? I can't tell.

Is the stream still up? If not, was it recorded somewhere? I just had to do an annotated bibliography for one of my 3 term papers (bleh), so I've been out of it for the past few hours. Would appreciate some good H4 gameplay.

Fuchsdh

Regardless it's still the worst map set in the Halo series.

Was just playing some Reach. It might not have been good for regular MM, but Countdown is a really fun and intense Zombies map :)

I think the idea of embedding the MP maps into SP ultimately was a cool idea that didn't work. I was hoping that we'd get more fiction to explore as well as getting a good idea of where the actual locations were as opposed to the disembodied descriptions from previous games, but they still felt a bit too much like single-player locations in that there's a lot of odd spaces that aren't really used at all in MM.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wow.

Just wanted to say... Grenades are the weakest in any halo game

I even stick an elite and he doesn't die? Wuhhhh

senador

Banned
Flood looks like its the same as Reach: idiots hiding in lame ass places. The mode looks fun overall, but it totally turned me off to see groups of people just getting on top of those buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom