• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
Flood looks like its the same as Reach: idiots hiding in lame ass places. The mode looks fun overall, but it totally turned me off to see groups of people just getting on top of those buildings.

This is a map issue. Flood/Infection maps should force people to move, majority of cover and nearly all chokepoints (unless they can be flanked easily) should be blocked or removed.

EDIT ideally, a zombies map would force the humans move periodically, for example if the zombies destroy all cover.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What difficulty are you on? Reach Normal, the highest ranking Elites wouldn't die from a stick; Reach Legendary, no Elite would die from a stick w/full shields.

Just heroic

Blast radius is super tiny too... Grenades placed near enemies doesn't have the crowd control effect it used to

Oh and... Jackal shields are now the most powerful defenses on the planet... This game is pretty damn tough so far on heroic... But that might be because I'm not entirely used to it yet... It feels so different than the other halo games

It was a high ranking elite though, that's for sure

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kevin Franklin says Regicide is a casual gametype, officially.

Overdoz, your opinion on this news?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Just heroic

Blast radius is super tiny too... Grenades placed near enemies doesn't have the crowd control effect it used to

Oh and... Jackal shields are now the most powerful defenses on the planet... This game is pretty damn tough so far on heroic... But that might be because I'm not entirely used to it yet... It feels so different than the other halo games

It was a high ranking elite though, that's for sure

you have 4 too? :(

Woorloog

Banned
Oh and... Jackal shields are now the most powerful defenses on the planet...

Halo CE? Projectile weapons cannot practically collapse those, though the Jackals do flinch.
In later Halos, the shields were a joke really, the "hole" in them was large enough to make neutralizing Jackals trivial. In Halo CE they weren't quite so easy... if you don't count the stupid, predictable AI...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Halo CE? Projectile weapons cannot practically collapse those, though the Jackals do flinch.
In later Halos, the shields were a joke really, the "hole" in them was large enough to make neutralizing Jackals trivial. In Halo CE they weren't quite so easy... if you don't count the stupid, predictable AI...

5+ seconds of sustained ghost fire didn't collapse a jackals shield

Funny thing is I find halo CE to have the easiest jackal control of all of them :p

Woorloog

Banned

Funny thing is I find halo CE to have the easiest jackal control of all of them :p

Good thing the shield is finally a worthy foe.

Halo 2's and 3's Jackals are far easier. One shot at the "hole" and one to head and they're dead. Same with Reach, though in Reach the hole is on the other side.
But that said, Halo CE Jackals are still easy to kill.

Overdoziz

Banned
Good question lol

It's probably coming with the ranks update.
I mean, I don't particularly care for FFA in Halo, but if Regicide is just a casual (read: bad) variant of it so it doesn't make a lot of sense it replacing the classic, competitive mode.
I wonder if they'll stick to having only one gametype per playlist, it's nice knowing what you'll be playing but it also means that if they want to add gametypes they'll have to create completely new playlist for it.

I just don't get the hate for Regicide. It's practically the same thing as FFA, weighted against the leader. Which is how FFAs should play, but people are too stupid to recognize checking the leader is in everyone's interest. There's nothing more annoying than trying to oust an entrenched power weapon wielder and having some scrub ARing you in the back to soften you up for him.

Pop

-Finally caught up with the last 30 pages-

I'm super stoked for 1-50 returning to Halo. My excitement levels just went through the roof. Thx 343i

And what's this wizardry with changing the HUD in Halo 4? Am i seeing it right on the MLG stream?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I mean, I don't particularly care for FFA in Halo, but if Regicide is just a casual (read: bad) variant of it so it doesn't make a lot of sense it replacing the classic, competitive mode.
I wonder if they'll stick to having only one gametype per playlist, it's nice knowing what you'll be playing but it also means that if they want to add gametypes they'll have to create completely new playlist for it.

We'll just have to wait and see. Not sure if any of it will matter if Regicide turns out to be a wildly popular playlist.

Along with Spectator mode and a toggle to disable the center white text

lol still talking about white text?

Korosenai

We will be able to see our ranks next year on halo waypoint?

RaptorJesus.gif

Fuchsdh

Yeah, I agree. The Jackals stumble fairly quickly from sustained AR fire. On anything aside from Legendary you can brute-force them without much difficulty.

Partly because of the lack of a headshot indicator, I think there was a lot less emphasis on one-shot kills in CE, and that's part of the reason I like it. Reach demanded that you double-tap every Jackal, and that got old fast.

willow ve

-Finally caught up with the last 30 pages-

I'm super stoked for 1-50 returning to Halo. My excitement levels just went through the roof. Thx 343i

And what's this wizardry with changing the HUD in Halo 4? Am i seeing it right on the MLG stream?

What are you seeing that's a change for the HUD? Curious.

Why not take Tues-Fri? That's what I did

Just work from home and be "self employed" - that way you don't have to take any time off from work and only need to pretend you weren't playing Halo all day when your wife gets home.

Actually I think I like this map. Its like a Zealot/Warlock.

Probably a bit too big though, a little too much geometry. Might be able to be made into something great.

Pop

What are you seeing that's a change for the HUD? Curious.

When they were playing Swat earlier on the MLG stream, the shield bar was faded out. The HUD was transparent a lot more. I guess that's due to them playing Swat, if it was like that in the previous Halo's I apologize. I tend to avoid that gametype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom