• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

Waiting for this launch is killing me.

Can't wait to see Tashi lrnhowtorailgun

tumblr_mbkt07H44M1qb9zd2o1_500.jpg

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT - You can drop the flag? - I swear someone dropped the flag and switched back to the sniper while running the flag. Was that real life?

Seance

Banned
I reckon it would be awesome if you could make some select customizations to your loadouts in MLG.

BR/DMR/LR/Carbine for primary
magnum/boltshot for secondary (maybe just magnum)
Jet pack/Thruster/Hologram for AA

Everything else set at what MLG has now.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing that storm rifle sit there ignored was pretty funny. Amazing matches thus far.

Homeboyd

People who've played/are playing; mind ranking your favorite MP maps so far? All around best.

I know some play certain gametypes better than others, just curious which ones are standing out at the moment.

Aggrotek

I'll see your REO Speedwagon and raise you one REO Speedballs. Any more details on that HaloGAF 2v2? I've been avoiding the Halo threads around here to protect my quasi-spoiler-free eyes.

Close enough. Bonus points for Boston.

REO Seedwagon.
REO Speedbaggin
REO Teabaggin
REO Bilbobaggins

Rtas

So let me get this straight, you are honestly telling me that removing yourself from the game to a phone or laptop, in which you are then forced to navigate to either a website or app, and then manually search every players name in the lobby one by one is actually EASIER than simply selecting a players name within the lobby and having instant access to all their stats? What fucking world am I living on right now?

Sorry for the late reply I had college work to attend to, but sorry did I say anything about the lobby? In a lobby yes checking a service record is faster, however the waypoint way is tremendously better for searching during a game, particularly now that Halo 4 has a join in progress system, as for searching a gamertag, how slow do you type? In the time it takes me to respawn in reach I have a players gamertag found and their stats right in front of me to take a look at while the timer runs out. Stop being close minded and set towards the COD system, its a good system yes, but it has its disadvantages much like the waypoint system, e.g in COD if there is even the slightest problem with the game servers, that data is inaccessible, I've had it happen a couple of dozen times where all my stats appear as zero for sometimes hours on end.

You're really dumb.

You can compare every player in a lobby before a match in blops. You have to not only have a phone or laptop to do this in halo, but you have to also spend 10 minutes getting the data. Its not longer useful when you're either already playing or after the match.

Duuuuuuuh

Seriously? 10 minutes, how fucking slow do you type???? Even on a touch screen phone it takes me about 15 seconds to type a gamertag, maybe 20 if its one of those stupidly long xX133tpr0sn1p3sXx ones and on the pc it takes all of 2 seconds, second of all if its not your typing speed, then upgrade your internet connection, if it takes 10 minutes to load a page of stats I'm surprised you can even play online.

Done watching for the night, this stream has been great. Definitely going to watch more tomorrow.

Also, just wanna say that u4ix and Bravo did a great job on the commentary.

willow ve

Done watching for the night, this stream has been great. Definitely going to watch more tomorrow.

Also, just wanna say that u4ix and Bravo did a great job on the commentary.

Second on this - good job with commentary, stream has been great. Do wish we could have a listen in to hear how the Aussie and UK teams do callouts.

A little sad - Starcraft streams have 10 million and 1.9 million total views. MLG Fighter has 1.3 millon. MLG Halo 4 is sitting at 35,000. Are these numbers computed for the all time stream (as in Starcraft streams have been around for months and multiple tourneys so they automatically have more hits?) - speaking of the Twitch streams.

We're gonna need some more power ballads in here.

EDIT: Did that guy steal Alienshogun's avatar?

Get some STYX blasting.

MrDaravon

Sorry for the late reply I had college work to attend to, but sorry did I say anything about the lobby? In a lobby yes checking a service record is faster, however the waypoint way is tremendously better for searching during a game, particularly now that Halo 4 has a join in progress system, as for searching a gamertag, how slow do you type? In the time it takes me to respawn in reach I have a players gamertag found and their stats right in front of me to take a look at while the timer runs out. Stop being close minded and set towards the COD system, its a good system yes, but it has its disadvantages much like the waypoint system, e.g in COD if there is even the slightest problem with the game servers, that data is inaccessible, I've had it happen a couple of dozen times where all my stats appear as zero for sometimes hours on end.

Seriously? 10 minutes, how fucking slow do you type???? Even on a touch screen phone it takes me about 15 seconds to type a gamertag, maybe 20 if its one of those stupidly long xX133tpr0sn1p3sXx ones and on the pc it takes all of 2 seconds, second of all if its not your typing speed, then upgrade your internet connection, if it takes 10 minutes to load a page of stats I'm surprised you can even play online.

They're obviously exaggerating on the time, but you cannot defend the difference between being a single button press and 1 second away from seeing that data in-game immediately in the 30-60 second downtime in-between matches and manually entering in names on a phone or website. The fact that complaints about Waypoint loading slow as shit or not loading at all being very widespread probably indicates it's not his internet connection. I tried just now loading my player profile page on Waypoint, took 45 seconds in Firefox and (amusingly) 64 seconds in IE. I have a very good internet connection. And completely disregarding all of that, the moment you have to step outside of the game to view something that should be inside of it, they have already failed regardless of how well done the work-around is implemented.

Also I have over 300 hours on BO, 250 hours on MW3, and similar hours on MW2 (can't check that one) and I have never, ever had any data be inaccessible or stats not show, at least on 360. And in most game lobbies I check people's stat page, so I likely would have noticed that. So I don't think that's a fair argument to make, unless you're referring to PS3 or PC and that's an issue there (I have no idea).

willow ve

Infinity Slayer on MLG. Is this Kyle's worst nightmare?

I don't think I've seen a single Infinity Slayer match where a team loses after getting up by more than 5 kills. It becomes a snowball effect with personal ordnance where the team that jumps out quick suddenly has free power weapons... Not my favorite flavor of the game.

Pop

MLG could benefit with adding smaller maps. The default maps seem just a little too big.

Otherwise, H4 is way more enjoyable to watch then Reach. Loving it so far.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's nice/fun to watch on the opening weekend, but, further down the road I don't see MLG using IS anymore. It's too random.

I could see them using it if they can tweak the drops. Speed boost seems like something nice to have and most of them were grabbing that anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom