• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayyhem

So excited for midnight launch tomorrow. Huge event planned in the downtown core of Toronto, some Halo 4 "experience", prizes, guy dressed up as Chief, and we get to play the game while waiting. Should be great, anyone else in Toronto planning on going?

I have class until 9:30PM down there (Go to Ryerson University) so I'm hoping once I get out of class it will be under way and I'll be able to quickly check it out. Don't plan on staying long though because I live in Scarborough and I preordered at an EB games close to my house

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Hurricane sandy has rendered my neighborhood dorito/dewless. Dang. Well we got the run of the mill ones that dont do me any good.

m23

I have class until 9:30PM down there (Go to Ryerson University) so I'm hoping once I get out of class it will be under way and I'll be able to quickly check it out. Don't plan on staying long though because I live in Scarborough and I preordered at an EB games close to my house

You go to Ryerson huh? That's cool, so did I. Few of my friends still go there as well and we'll be meeting up. PM me if you want to meet up.

CyReN

Tisjg.jpg

Well that was my last night of Reach (if I get the game tomorrow). Some fun MLG games and before that some BTB games with friends. Even all the bad things considered, it's still a good game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
RIP flag juggling.

I'm personally not sorry to see it go, at all. Sure it took skill to do, but I hated watching that shit.

Think this is more due to Halo 4 being more fun to watch than Reach and not neccesarily due to the CTF changes. Plus remember, Halo 4 is so new its very exciting to see right now, that won't exactly last forever.

I think personally the most fun would be if you still got flagnum when you pickup the flag but you also could drop flag and use what you got.

That very well could be a huge chunk of it (the Halo 4 being overall more fun to watch anyway). While I don't agree or disagree with the being "locked to the flag" mechanic, so far, I don't see it "hurting" my enjoyment of watching CTF at all, which others ARE complaining about. If anything I'd say it's helped me enjoy CTF more (from a viewer standpoint).

It's certainly a different type of game, and objectively simpler, but with unique decisions and challenges because of the constraints put on the player or team. You have to seriously consider who will pick up the flag, and when, because the consequences of that action are irreversible. Let's say rockets guy does decide to pick up the flag. If he dies, you need 2 players to rush the flag, one to get the flag and one to get the rockets.

Yeah, I think I like the aspect that it "forces" a different approach a lot. And changes up the formula/strategy.

Homeboyd

Doesn't work like that.

By the time your team mates show up, your opponents have already spawned and you've lost the chance at a cap.

When you get 3 or 4 down whoever is closest to the flag is the one who has to pick it up. If that person has rockets, they aren't going to pick it up because those rockets are needed to support the runner.

Seriously, this sorry excuse for CTF is just retarded.
Oh Satan, you so silly!

Spagh

Neo Member
People who have the game and played co-op campaign,

what happens during QTEs with 2 people?

I only played the first mission in co-op, but what happened was that my friend disappeared and watched my screen until the QTE was over. I tried to miss the QTE, and we went back to the previous checkpoint.

For anyone watching this MLG stream what a damn shame.. Dude kills three people, grabs the flag and runs right across the middle quickly to his base, while the enemies spawn and look right to the blinking KILL waypoint..

What a damn shame that thing is. I could look past things like auto pickup, but that damn KILL waypoint is just overkill. That benefits no one except randoms without mics ;\

Fracas

#fuckonami
It will show only one screen and only 1 player will do the event. I don't know if it is always the 1st player or the player who caused the event, though.

My brother and I are co-oping it on 2 separate xboxes.

If I trigger a QTE, his screen will show what I'm seeing?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
For anyone watching this MLG stream what a damn shame.. Dude kills three people, grabs the flag and runs right across the middle quickly to his base, while the enemies spawn and look right to the blinking KILL waypoint..

What a damn shame that thing is. I could look past things like auto pickup, but that damn KILL waypoint is just overkill. That benefits no one except randoms without mics ;\

You know id be inclined to agree if you weren't totally wrong. This is the first time since H2 that i actually enjoyed watching CTF. Obviously i cant talk about how it plays, however watching it is exponentially more exciting. Fuck i found myself looking FORWARD to a ctf match. That shit never happens.

Akai__

My brother and I are co-oping it on 2 separate xboxes.

If I trigger a QTE, his screen will show what I'm seeing?

Can't answer this, because we did on 1 Xbox. There aren't much QTE anyway, only in the first mission, I think. The other things are just destroying sth or pushing a button.

Edit:

I watched all 5 Forward Unto Dawn episodes yesterday. I want my hour and a half back.

You didn't like it? Explain, why you think it is bad, please.

Small correction: he killed the entire team and got an Extermination. Then they still caught up with him and killed him even after the objection respawn wait. That specifically was retarded, not the waypoint. Where the hell is the rest of his team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom