• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

isn't there also some slight verticality differences between the two bases' interiors? I mean like accessible ledges and the like. Also, doesn't jungle have windows in the front walls in parts?

I honestly have no clue. The issue isn't inherent to one map though, it's going to be a universal problem anytime you try and play infinity slayer with a team that understands how it works. If you don't give teams any reason to move and literally deliver power weapons to their position, you're not going to have teams moving around.

eeblogue

Neo Member
Chatting shit on twitter about one of the major sponsors supporting your game is definitely the way to go about “saving Halo”. Keep up the good work Cyren.

Thanks for the games, guys. That was a lot of fun. I'll miss the pro-pipe.

Anyway, just to clarify. I was told in the party that the spec policy has been changed so that everyone (in the US, as Over kept repeating) so that people who buy the standard edition won't have to wait for a certain period of time to be able to access certain specs. They will all be available to me at launch (after I reach the necessary level)?

Is this true?

Does any GAFfers here have a link to the Complete Series of FUD? I'd like to introduce it to others who are new to the Halo web series and I prefer not to send like 5 links instead of 1 full length video.

I honestly have no clue. The issue isn't inherent to one map though, it's going to be a universal problem anytime you try and play infinity slayer with a team that understands how it works. If you don't give teams any reason to move and literally deliver power weapons to their position, you're not going to have teams moving around.
I agree. I'm just curious as to why they would choose one base over another.

Another Halo 4 Promo.

3737_490588620976066_1177342166_n.jpg

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Anyone who will be playing during the day a lot this week can feel free to add me, The1nOnlyDwarfy.

Have the week off so will be on throughout the day...a lot.

Fuchsdh

Thanks for the games, guys. That was a lot of fun. I'll miss the pro-pipe.

Anyway, just to clarify. I was told in the party that the spec policy has been changed so that everyone (in the US, as Over kept repeating) so that people who buy the standard edition won't have to wait for a certain period of time to be able to access certain specs. They will all be available to me at launch (after I reach the necessary level)?

Is this true?

Not the last I heard--or at least they didn't tell us about that revision on Waypoint via the updates.

Enfinit

I thought after MLG dropped the Astro sponsor, players were allowed to wear any gaming headset they chose. Do they all wear TB's exclusively now, or is TB just the sponsor for the "Listen In"?

nomis

I thought after MLG dropped the Astro sponsor, players were allowed to wear any gaming headset they chose. Do they all wear TB's exclusively now, or is TB just the sponsor for the "Listen In"?

Players use any compatible headset, but now MLG supplies Turtle Beach "mixamps".

Agreed.

Yeah, did anything come of that?

I wonder what the BTS content is.

You know that robot that is shown during transitions, the one that does flips and flexes and all that?

They had a little video thing show where a pass play happens, but the camera is like the HUD in Halo 4. The robot QB throws to a robot WR, touchdown, then Master Chief runs through the screen celebrating the touchdown.

It was lame, but the animation was good and it looked kind of cool.

And offer still stands on double XP code for theme code, if anyone has one to give.

Havok

isn't there also some slight verticality differences between the two bases' interiors? I mean like accessible ledges and the like. Also, doesn't jungle have windows in the front walls in parts?
Yeah, jungle has those windows which are super handy, they generally have a more open base than the sunny side overall (for example, you can sit at the hallway/snipe junction and see people moving up from the lower level tunnel, where you couldn't do that on the other side because the entire structure is pretty different), which gives them a little better sightlines within their base and to see people coming. The lift seems to be a little closer to the jungle side as well, you can bounce backwards from the lift to the jungle side's sniper ledge but not to the sunny side's (though that's partially due to a fat piece of geometry in front of and above the sunny side sniper ledge). I'm not really all that surprised that one base is favored over the other, when I first saw the differences between the two halves of the map I thought it might turn into an issue for high level competition.
Snipedown just got a "guardian angel". Anyone know what that is exactly?
It's a Protector medal from long range. Normal ol' Protector is still in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom