• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigShow36

Small correction: he killed the entire team and got an Extermination. Then they still caught up with him and killed him even after the objection respawn wait. That specifically was retarded, not the waypoint. Where the hell is the rest of his team?

They were probably looking for enemies, considering they don't have the luxury of a giant waypoint telling them exactly where they are.

Okay, Euro HaloGAF, I need a partner for the Euro HaloGAF League. So someone from Euro HaloGAF should apply, if he is man enough to carry me through the Euro HaloGAF League. I am also trying to see how much times I can type Euro HaloGAF League while talking abuto the Euro HaloGAF league. The answer is: a lot.

Main requirement is the ability to shoot Elzar in the face. All the rest can be discussed.

BigShow36

har har har. Protecting the flag carrier made too much sense, eh?

Well, the problem is if they stick close to the flag carrier, attacking enemies will probably get the first shot because there's a waypoint above whatever area they're in. It makes more sense to leave the flag carrier alone and attempt to get better angles on enemies. No one wants to hang out below a waypoint because they're exposed to nades, the enemies can see where they're moving and they have a much tougher time getting the first shot in any encounter.

I suck :(

will fix it

fpupfmoru.gif

For all of Reach's faults, it did give me this .gif.

Tawpgun

Well, the problem is if they stick close to the flag carrier, attacking enemies will probably get the first shot because there's a waypoint above whatever area they're in. It makes more sense to leave the flag carrier alone and attempt to get better angles on enemies. No one wants to hang out below a waypoint because they're exposed to nades, the enemies can see where they're moving and they have a much tougher time getting the first shot in any encounter.

Honestly, I think you'll find the auto pick up is the biggest annoying thing about the new CTF. The waypoint sucks because there are no sneaky caps now, but it doesn't strike me as too big a deal. If anything, it helps to deal with randoms.

Also, the stream is too laggy for me on this shitty school wifi.

Akai__

What are the requirements for playing in the HaloGAF league? Does anybody have a link to the thread?

I would like to participate, but I need to know, how much time it will consume...

Zoolader

So I was asking about thumb pad replacements and decided to do my own with nerf dart tips and a hot glue gun. They feel great and only took a few minutes!

jbcCXAD2zAsjof.JPG

You know id be inclined to agree if you weren't totally wrong. This is the first time since H2 that i actually enjoyed watching CTF. Obviously i cant talk about how it plays, however watching it is exponentially more exciting. Fuck i found myself looking FORWARD to a ctf match. That shit never happens.

I was referring strictly to how it plays, but you pose a good point about how it "watches", although I'd then have to argue that it would then be the broadcaster's job to depict the flag movement through the stream had there not been a KILL waypoint. If you're solely saying that the KILL waypoint alone makes CTF more disgestable to watch then I guess just agree to disagree, otherwise CTF definitely (as a whole) looks much more fun to watch.

Is there no more flag return timer bar?

No its just a timer above the flag. Don't think standing on it actually helps or anything.

We should replace the word Waypoint with Terrible.

"Man I like flag but whats with that Terrible indicator?"

"I dont know man but checkout all those cats in the weekly update on the Terrible webpage."

BigShow36

Honestly, I think you'll find the auto pick up is the biggest annoying thing about the new CTF. The waypoint sucks because there are no sneaky caps now, but it doesn't strike me as too big a deal. If anything, it helps to deal with randoms.

Also, the stream is too laggy for me on this shitty school wifi.

Waypoint drastically changes the game for the worse though. Auto-pickup will occassionally be annoying, but the waypoint is going to make every flag run annoying and frustrating.

Overdoziz

Banned
No its just a timer above the flag. Don't think standing on it actually helps or anything.
No, it's a 3 second return time and 15 reset time. There's a message showing up when they sit on the flag (probably saying "Returning flag" or something), there's no bar though.

Tawpgun

Waypoint drastically changes the game for the worse though. Auto-pickup will occassionally be annoying, but the waypoint is going to make every flag run annoying and frustrating.

I didn't feel any drastic change. If anything, I felt there were less of those inching the flag long games. Where you touch it and move it 5 feet every 30 seconds.

Most of the time when the flag is stolen you know where it is. Teammates know where it is. If you're communicating you all know where it is. This will help playing CTF with randoms.

Yeah, there was never a waypoint when teams would get an extermination, pull the flag, and start juggling on the way home. C'mon.

There wasn't even anyone close enough to sprint and pick it back up. Hell they weren't even shooting the enemy as he sat there returning it.

Standard practice to clear the way for the runner and watch their back. And usually have one person with them in tandem if they die while trying to score. Think Countdown MLG CTF but a little slower. His team goofed hard, plain and simple.

Cannot agree more. Simply removing that waypoint or changing it so that you have 5 secs from when you pick it up for it to appear would make CTF so much better and letting you drop it or hold button to pick up.

Yeah, there was never a waypoint when teams would get an extermination, pull the flag, and start juggling on the way home. C'mon.

You're not coupling that with the inability to drop the flag. The KILL waypoint wouldn't be as bad if you could sprint with the flag or juggle it to get more distance..

Shame you on for trying to defend this so poorly!

Thanks, so it's confirmed not to be in game at all? That seems...half ass'd.

presumably to prevent cheating. i don't like it, but it may change if we bitch enough. :p

Thanks. Just needed the rules, which are shown on both versions anyway.

check your PMs

I'm worried about Solace. This is the second time I've seen a team get the lead and hide in the jungle-side base.

bottom part of the map is blocked off so it may play differently in matchmaking

You're not coupling that with the inability to drop the flag. The KILL waypoint wouldn't be as bad if you could sprint with the flag or juggle it to get more distance..
but that's nothing to do with team positioning. Wouldn't you want to be even more protective of the flag runner?

Akai__

Aaaah don't know what to do?! I don't want to dissapoint my teammate or the league itself.

I hope I can join the next season or sth like this.

They should just put CSR in 1 or 2 playlists and keep the cheaters there and the "I want my rank" players there too.

At least we'd know which playlists to avoid if we don't care about rank or want to avoid cheaters.

BigShow36

I'm worried about Solace. This is the second time I've seen a team get the lead and hide in the jungle-side base.

Thats the result of a few things, most importantly personal ordnance and slow global ordnance system. Like I said months ago, if you allow teams to just hold power positions and call in powerups to their exact location, there's absolutely no incentive for them to move. Yeah, the RL spawning in the middle occassionally is a start, but you need to incentivise teams to move around the map and do it often, and I don't think you can really do that while there's Personal Ordnance. Couple the existing system with a lack of grenades and you have a recipe for camping.

If you had the Rockets spawning and an Oversheild or Active Camo on the otherside every couple of minutes without Personal Ordnances, camping one spot would be a lot less viable. Slow kill times and easy aiming also add to the problems, but that's not something we can change at this point.

JackHerer

The bases are a bit too labyrinthine for my liking. Lots of corners and passageways for people to hide in. I can really see teams just sitting in there with their ordnance after taking the lead and being really difficult to clear out. The bottom of the map being open will give one more way in but not a great one. Jetpacking up to the snipe spawn gives another option as well.

zap

They should just put CSR in 1 or 2 playlists and keep the cheaters there and the "I want my rank" players there too.

At least we'd know which playlists to avoid if we don't care about rank or want to avoid cheaters.

:|

Although the silver lining is that this is the first time you have posted without using 'mate.'

IHaveIce

Banned
I think MLG Dallas was a great tourney.

Kevin Franklin is now definately interested in the MLG thing it seems.

Now the Grand Finals, Warriors vs Ambush again.

Lol at folks stealing chairs from the earlier play boothes

The bases are a bit too labyrinthine for my liking. I can really see teams just sitting in there with their ordnance after taking the lead and being really difficult to clear out. The bottom of the map being open will give one more way in but not a great one.

Hopefully it won't be so bad in matchmaking.

Halo 4 Grand Finals: Warriors vs. Ambush.

Here's the link to the MLG team stream. Click mlg_halo_4 to see the match.

Thats the result of a few things, most importantly personal ordnance and slow global ordnance system. Like I said months ago, if you allow teams to just hold power positions and call in powerups to their exact location, there's absolutely no incentive for them to move. Yeah, the RL spawning in the middle occassionally is a start, but you need to incentivise teams to move around the map and do it often, and I don't think you can really do that while there's Personal Ordnance. Couple the existing system with a lack of grenades and you have a recipe for camping.

If you had the Rockets spawning and an Oversheild or Active Camo on the otherside every couple of minutes without Personal Ordnances, camping one spot would be a lot less viable.

isn't there also some slight verticality differences between the two bases' interiors? I mean like accessible ledges and the like. Also, doesn't jungle have windows in the front walls in parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom