• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the covenant rocket launcher in multiplayer this time around? Didn't 343 say they were going to implement the use of all weapons? Haven't seen it used once.

zap

I didn't go to the midnight launch... now just have to wait for stores to open... just over an hour remaining.

Seance

Banned
This is the worst feeling. My copy is in my hands right now but i cant play it cos i need to leqve for work.... :( It's gonna be 8 hours of pure torture.

This burrito is amazing. Slowly but surely making the day go by a bit more pleasantly while the wait of the century is in effect.

Just took another bite. Oh. My. God. This amazing burrito!

Abdozer

343 has said that they disabled the slow-down when a player has sword - it seems very counter intuitive.

iNnSU6zW9dL67.gif

Why.

zap

I could have sworn this was old news. When you shoot at someone sprinting, you slow them down (not below normal speed), which was heralded as a fix for the OP sword + sprint. Then they clarified that sword was the only weapon not affected by this. Outrage ensued.

Project

343 has said that they disabled the slow-down when a player has sword - it seems very counter intuitive.

I think thats a pretty cool feature. Interested to see how dexterity plays with carrying a sword in your back pocket. In H2 with a sword secondary was god-like.

FyreWulff

I could have sworn this was old news. When you shoot at someone sprinting, you slow them down (not below normal speed), which was heralded as a fix for the OP sword + sprint. Then they clarified that sword was the only weapon not affected by this. Outrage ensued.

Okay yeah it's been a long day, I remember talking about this now

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Apparently there's a Reach tourney at our GameStop tonight. Maybe I should stick around. What better way to send off armor lock then using it to try and win a tournament at GameStop.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You don't get slowed down when you have the sword.

Its a power weapon after all.
I can't tell if you're sincerely defending this.

Tashi, you too? I dunno, seems like a terrible mechanic to me. Guess it somewhat discourages camping...

Overdoziz

Banned
You don't get slowed down when you have the sword.

Its a power weapon after all.

Because the sword is a power weapon.
Following that logic; a power weapon that kills everybody on the map instantly is also fine because it's a power weapon which are supposed to be powerful? I'm not saying I think the Sword in Halo 4 is overpowered, the contrary actually, but this kind of logic makes little sense. Power weapons need to be balanced just as much as normal weapons, they can't allow you to rack in a big amount of easy kills just because they're power weapons. People bring up that argument way too often.

It did have distinctly less lunge, though, so that's good.
Yeah, very true.

I'm pretty sure one of the bulletins said that the sword is unaffected by slowdown, otherwise the sword became ineffective.
Right, I do remember that now. Not sure how I feel about it at the moment.

Truly, you know how to enjoy your burrito™
somebody likes the Nerdist podcast.

Because the sword is a power weapon.

What maps does it drop on?
Solace.

Risen

Following that logic; a power weapon that kills everybody on the map instantly is also fine because it's a power weapon which are supposed to be powerful?

No it doesn't... take a logic class son.

I'm not saying I think the Sword in Halo 4 is overpowered, the contrary actually, but this kind of logic makes little sense. Power weapons need to be balanced just as much as normal weapons, they can't allow you to rack in a big amount of easy kills just because they're power weapons. People bring up that argument way too often.

Of course they need to be balanced... :/ heck, MORE than normal weapons in a sense.

Balance them by frequency of spawn, location of spawn, and amount of ammunition. Don't nerf their ability to kill. If you do that, they are no longer "power weapons".

daedalius

Well considering how MUCH you get slowed down when you're sprinting and getting shot; you'd basically never get any kills with the sword if you were slowed down to the same effect.

It would go from a power weapon to useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom