• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if MLG released their stream/attendance numbers to the public we would have a better understanding of whether or not we will need to bring our own chairs to any given event.

Defect

Since Halo 4 is finally here, I think this is the perfect timing to be a part of the community.

My gt- Defective 2

I promise that I'm not some bkrandyscrub.

JHall

So I just got a call this morning from someone I know letting me know they were sending me a LE console and game.

What unlocks come with the LE console again?

fotus.jpeg

Unicorn Armor.

There should be a special assassination for the Unicorn armor by shoving the head spike into someone's head.

CyReN

Easier to write the narrative when you bury the statistics.

The API method is highly accurate.

LOL at Ben being salty... irresponsible Ben... irresponsible.

Good to hear. Finally have something to go off of.

----------

Competitive Gametypes by Nexy

I really hope we play the game for a full 3 months (big maps, crazy weapons, different gametypes) as they are BEFORE we make a single change.

Imagine what possibilities we could be missing if we strip this game down before any meta game comes into play. Also WE NEED regular old matchmaking dudes to want to play with us.

Super obvious but looking at all the gametype discussion so far makes me sick. "Remove this, change this". How about we try to adjust some of this shit with our gameplay rather than forge?

FyreWulff

DSCF2039.JPG

It would be irresponsible to acknowledge this many people wanted to see Halo 4. Transfixed, hanging on by the edge of their .. uh...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So I just got a call this morning from someone I know letting me know they were sending me a LE console and game.

What unlocks come with the LE console again?

You will literally get one before me. :-(

Although I do have the matching Tritton headset, just nothing to match it with yet.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
343 really fucked up here. When I play single player I'm going to be thinking of what I'm missing in MP. When I'm playing MP I'm going to be thinking I should be continuing the fight in single player.
WTF, thanks guys. How do they let this stuff slip through?

RIP Halo.

Beckx

less than 12 hours until Operation: Don't Get Shiv'd.

Gamestop robocalls invite me to "Join the Party" at 10pm. You, too, can stand in line in the cold for two hours!

BigShow36

You will literally get one before me. :-(

Although I do have the matching Tritton headset, just nothing to match it with yet.

It's okay, I won't actually get it for a week or so (it's being mailed). I was going to drive to Seattle to pick it up, but I would rather stay home and play the actual game.

lol there is something wrong with the world if BigShow gets one before you.

I'm a pretty big deal.

heckfu

Banned
Just got a picture on my phone of a package that arrived at my house.

Looks like ill have the LE soundtrack waiting on me this afternoon!

Holiday

Banned
Nexy Quote

Even if I agreed with Nexy's take on merging casuals and competitive players (I don't), I would still say that three months is far too long. In that amount of time you risk losing hardcore players who despise the new stuff in order to replace them with normals. I'd give it a few weeks while keeping an eye on Slayer Pro's population. If that playlist has healthy numbers, then strip the game down to the ground. If it doesn't, then strip it down anyway, because I don't see any significant influx of new MLG fans happening, no matter how close to default MLG settings are.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Make sure you guys bring headphones to the Midnight launch in case there are any drive by spoiler assholes.

If anyone's interested in winning the already sold-out FUD statue from McFarlane Toys, stop by the Nerdist website and enter to win.

fud_sleeper-resin_phoq6ovx.jpg

By the way, I was pretty damned impressed with the Forward Unto Dawn series. Great job, 343.

m23

Just a couple more hours for work (leaving early today) then I'm off to downtown for launch festivities. Should be a great night.

I have long dreamt of this day.....Halogaf.

vgamer1

Okay. Here's my deal. I wanna get halo 4 tonight. If I go into gamestop at around 8 and preorder, and also trade in these games for it: skate 2, viva pinata: trouble in paradise, and blops. According to their site I should get an extra 10$ for trading in three games and an extra 30% since it's going toward H4. According to CAG's gamestop trade in value calculator thing I should get about $42 or something? Does this seem right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom