• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the thong scale, I would rate it Cisco.

:lol
1128750_o.gif

daedalius

So far, in terms of sci-fi atmosphere, it's the best I've seen. Note, I haven't played much ME.

In terms of gameplay, it's Halo polished to the max.

In terms of graphics, the best I've seen this gen.

In terms of sound, second only to BF in its design. But, as it encompasses a different setting, there is nothing like it, The music is also fantastic.

On the thong scale, I would rate it Cisco.

I agree with these things.

So I made it to just past the Storm in my epic playthrough, H:CE and H2 both complete, hopefully I can finish H3 tonight before midnight (and if this other contract doesn't come in...)

Woke this morning to an email from them saying there was a problem with my card, I checked, there wasn't, all details correct and bank balance healthy. Re-entered my details and then, after having the LE ordered since September on release day delivery, they say estimated delivery as the 8th. Fuck that. Cancelled and ordered the standard from Shopto, with free first class shipping, and it's been in transmit since this morning.

Sorry 343, wanted the LE, Amazon fucked me over.

Damn! Well, I've not been sent any emails like that.

Conor 419

Banned
What happened? Did you crap in their easter basket?

Well they sent my order to the wrong address despite reassuring me that they wouldn't do so. I rang them up and had a three quarter hour throwdown with some girl on the phone, she eventually broke down and stormed off. I then got a long lecture from her collegue Jerry, who said that I 'couldn't talk to people that way', that they were cancelling my order and shutting down my account.

I just want to play Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well they sent my order to the wrong address despite reassuring me that they wouldn't do so. I rang them up and had a three quarter hour throwdown with some girl on the phone, she eventually broke down and stormed off. I then got a long lecture from her collegue Jerry, who said that I 'couldn't talk to people that way', that they were cancelling my order and shutting down my account.

You need to grow the fuck up.

Do you have a preorder bonus?

I believe the LE gives a custom skin for the BR which was confirmed that it unlocks the weapon for you at the start of MP.

Custom for the AR not BR.

TCKaos

So I just played my last game of Reach.

Lone Wolf on Legendary. Alone. Changed my service tag to B132 and everything.

It was weird looking at the Mark V helmet, burnt and broken, Legendary flame extinguished, knowing that I won't be seeing it again for a long long time. It was the kind of finality I was looking for.

I think I'm ready for Halo 4 now.

darthbob

Dude, what the hell?

I've done CSR work before and hearing this, you sound like one of those customers. The customer I would deny refunds to because of their sense of entitlement.

Sounds well deserved (you having your account shut down).

Don't treat people like shit and you won't get treated like shit back.

God I see where this is going, I forgot how gullible you people are, I'll save this thread 40 posts of this.

I asked them to redirect my order, I'm probably getting it Wednesday, jeez.

XCknN.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So I just played my last game of Reach.

Lone Wolf on Legendary. Alone. Changed my service tag to B132 and everything.

It was weird looking at the Mark V helmet, burnt and broken, Legendary flame extinguished, knowing that I won't be seeing it again for a long long time. It was the kind of finality I was looking for.

I think I'm ready for Halo 4 now.

I'm sorry for your loss.

BigShow36

So I just got a call this morning from someone I know letting me know they were sending me a LE console and game.

What unlocks come with the LE console again?

I agree with these things.

So I made it to just past the Storm in my epic playthrough, H:CE and H2 both complete, hopefully I can finish H3 tonight before midnight (and if this other contract doesn't come in...)

still have ODST and Reach

i started about 3 weeks ago with Reach, Anniversary, Halo 2, ODST, and now im 10 seconds away from getting to FUD on the last level of Halo 3...game paused because the wife calls at noon during her last break and wanted to watch the ending again

You totally shat in their easter basket.

TommyT

Are there going to be any spoilers in this thread I need to watch out for? Should I avoid it until I'm done with the campaign?

CyReN

So I guess MLG doesn't like Halo tweeting out public stream numbers, cool.

(they have never released out stream numbers)

-----
12 hours.

willow ve

Are there going to be any spoilers in this thread I need to watch out for? Should I avoid it until I'm done with the campaign?

Yeah - I would prefer there aren't open spoilers for at least a week post launch... Or could that all be handled in the gaming side thread?

TommyT

Yeah - I would prefer there aren't open spoilers for at least a week post launch... Or could that all be handled in the gaming side thread?

Well, gaming thread SHOULD have marked spoilers. However I'm still avoiding it though. Curious about what the rule, if any, there is here.

Sweet, I'll see you two there.

So I just got a call this morning from someone I know letting me know they were sending me a LE console and game.

What unlocks come with the LE console again?
Special Dong Of The Unicorn Snazzy Armor and a special skin. Also get early access to all the specializations, but so does everyone else who buys and plays the game withing the first couple of weeks.

edit: Conor, a comedian without an audience is not a comedian. The audience in your head does not count.

TCKaos

Holy shit I'm an idiot. I thought I was playing on the Gaming setting on my TV. It's been on Movie mode the entire time. I've been playing with input lag for the last three years and I didn't even realize it.

So now I have no input lag. TIME TO ASCEND TO 5 SHOT GODHOOD.

willow ve

Well, gaming thread SHOULD have marked spoilers. However I'm still avoiding it though. Curious about what the rule, if any, there is here.

It was loosely discussed that this is the Halo "community" - ergo we can talk about past games, books, lore, random shit not really related to Halo, etc. The gaming side thread is pure Halo 4. It makes sense to me to keep spoiler discussion (at least at the beginning) explicitly spoiler tagged and/or only in the gaming side thread.

Anyone got that gif of those two British guys looking at the camera in complete disbelief?

You know, I haven't been around here for that long... but you don't necessarily have a reputation of not being an asshole. Just saying...

343 really fucked up here. When I play single player I'm going to be thinking of what I'm missing in MP. When I'm playing MP I'm going to be thinking I should be continuing the fight in single player.
WTF, thanks guys. How do they let this stuff slip through?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom