• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

Is he another waypoint defect? I feel like they should come with a label.

Heh, I can't keep track anymore.

New member flood and all.

You're just mad that you fell for thinking anyone would actually call Reach better.

Its like getting punched in the face!

Eh. After 11 years I'm bored with it and/or games in general.

Even still, it doesn't take a hardcore gamer to realise Halo 4 is better than Reach.

Well y'know, there's the (figurative) door. You are welcome to see yourself out.

I hated Boardwalk in Reach. I could never do well on it. No matter how well I'd played in the day, as soon as it came up, everything that could go wrong did. I was just snakebit on that map.

I swear Solace is turning into that same thing here for me. I've played about 6 or 7 matches on it so far, and I swear every one of them has ended badly. It's infuriating.

Ken

I just went off the Mancannon in Adrift and fell to my death. Hummm.

Join game.
"Enemy team nearing victory."

Hummmm.

Uh no. Right now it ranks right below CE for me. Multiplayer needs a few tweaks but single player is fantastic. :p
I think this is probably where it stands right now for me, too. So those naked pictures are in the mail Frankie. I was hoping for something better than Halo 3, in both campaign and matchmaking, and you guys delivered.

I stayed up all night playing through the campaign Tuesday morning, and then played a bunch of matchmaking the next evening. Got the worst head ache of my life and even a good night of sleep didn't make it go away. I was in bed all day today trying to rest before my overnight shift tonight. Otherwise, I would have been playing some more. I actually thought i was good at halo again after my first few Infinity Slayer matches in War Games. Went 16 and 0 my first game on Solace and was highly disappointed there was no perfection award since I only got one of those in Halo3 and none in Reach(can't remember). Then i started playing people that were actually good. Nope. I'm definitely just average still, lol.

I would like to see the return of the red X as well. Ordnance doesn't really bother me that much. It's a different approach to the game, but one that rewards good players instead of who is quickest to a power weapon respawn. I realize that teamwork used to be a big part of controlling power weapons, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it might. I want to go through the campaign again on Legendary to get MC's helm, but Heroic was time consuming enough. Need a little break from campaign. I'd say there were 3-4 parts in the campaign total that annoyed me. Most of them were the stand in one place and defend portions of levels. The endless hounds attacking and a couple others, mainly because of a lack of ammunition. The suppressor is horrible and the bolt shot is not enough to compete with Knights. And those were usually the two weapons you are left with in those parts.

I do think we need more maps in matchmaking and quickly. Going through the same 3-4 in each playlist is gonna cause serious burnout.

Here's my first game since it will never happen again: OMG I AM SO GOOD ;)

4 shot pistol, faster movement, one hit beat down.
The stealth part hardly matters with radar.

Flag was always one hit beatdown, but they'll be less frequent as you have a huge indicator above your head now. Also wait until skill matching and new players get familiar with the game. You'll find the new CTF a veery different game then.

Further radar helps stealth, look at MLG, zero stealth play like default with radar. Especially say ranked objective in Halo 3 by comparison.

I understand you're a bit beefed up now with the flag and if the playlist population is improved then I'm all for it and willing to take the hits to my play style. I just disagree that the new flag guy is more powerful than flag carrier of old with a backpacked power weapon, baiting with a flag, stealth with a flag run etc etc.

There were far more options with objective play of old. Now it's go there and get involved in this flag clusterfuck or pick em off from a distance. No where near as much individual skills but there is a forced team work focus.

It's more about forcing randoms to play as a team but a quality team has more options and abilities in CTF of old.

Anyone else think there are more hardware resources dedicated to AI in spartan ops?

I found campaign AI a fairly straight forward repetitive process but SPOPS seems to have more flanking and interesting behaviours?

Maybe the AI just behaviours better in the confines and setups of SPOPS missions/layouts?

What is the story on weapon skins? As far as I can tell, there is no way to unlock any new skins outside of the GameStop Pre-Order bonus? I like the DMR over the BR, but it seems a shame to have the unskinnned-DMR in my loadout instead.

DeadNames

Banned
What is the story on weapon skins? As far as I can tell, there is no way to unlock any new skins outside of the GameStop Pre-Order bonus? I like the DMR over the BR, but it seems a shame to have the unskinnned-DMR in my loadout instead.

I think you get them for going through specializations and maybe commendations.

Ohhh top of the page...

The carbine is a good primary.

Ken

8 assassinations in one Pro game. Feels good.

I'm pretty sure they are unlockable in game because there's a DMR skin that was not a pre-order item AFAIK. Probably related to getting Master rank on the weapon kill challenges or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom