• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
So... Trying to use the stats page on Waypoint. Does not work. Latest Silverlight, Chrome.
Can't see invidual games, pretty much clicking anything throws me back to Service Record main view.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Other problems :

-Identical looking icons in ordnance drops
-Making proper lobbies (this cannot be stated enough)
-Make ranks visible in game AND USE ELO AS THE FOUNDATION FOR MATCHMAKING (true skill is still true garbage)
-Not knowing how much added ammo, or how much quicker your reloads or switches are or how bigger the blast radius is or any important stat that shows you how much the perks give you
-removal of join in progress
-forcing the games to be of full complement. 50% of the games I have played there has been a short handed team. UNACCEPTABLE!
-a complete rethinking of commendations. 5 perfections for the first fucking level? A perfection in this game is highly likely to be very rare especially if matchmaking is working correctly. (Which it isn't)
-disabling the majority of the announcements. I don't want to hear that stupidity overload. Alpha is almost done fortifying protect at all costs. Fuck. Off.
-ability to disable animated assassinations.
-removal of waypoints in CTF for the opposing team flag carrier. The reason why it was effective before is that the team would either have to chase him down or go to the other base. What's the natural thing to do at that point? Take their flag. Also should require flag to be home to score. This feels like fisher price capture the flag. Also allowing dropping of the flag. Also where the hell is the most popular CTF, 1 flag? That's something that would work on a map like complex where the current iteration is way too one sided.
-reduction of complete removal of radar in regicide. The only player the people should be concerned about at all times is the king.
-forcing all 3 points in dominion to go through fortification (or a resupply before fortification) before going to sudden death. Half my games in dominion so far have been complete blowouts. And by half I think I mean all but one.
-fixing the rather useless grenades
-ability to disable the "you're special" text
-make the medals that are actually WORTH something more prominent. Double kill? Triple kill? You should be bouncing those medals all over the fucking screen and having confetti bleed from everyone's mask
-I like the weapon waypoints, but lets go back to old school halo weapon timers and have waypoints on the screen indicating the time left until the weapon respawns. There. Halfway between normal halo and something that drooling people with minimal motor skills can understand (343 target audience)

Ah fuck it, just remake halo 2 with pretty graphics

I haven't tried to figure this out until today, but I redeemed my skin code on xbox.com last night. I can't find it in game though, where should it pop up?

I have the same issue. None of my redemptions are active at all. Skins, emblems, avatar props, FUD special edition download etc. Nothing. At. All.

I was actually in error. Party details are actually 3 levels deep from that multi-main index (since I kept my roster open all of the time I forgot it's a button press), it's 2 levels deep from the roster though.

So essentially what was on the main page in Reach and very useful is hidden away in 4 for no reason. I have to question the priorities of those doing the UI.

Korosenai

This game needs to bring back the red x over your body when you die. Ive probably said "one shot on my x", "[weapon] on my x", etc. over 100 times.

There is no way for my teammates to know where i died unless theyre a radar length away and can see the yellow x on te radar or we all know the callouts and i can tell them precisely where i am.

So all I heard in those BTS story videos was, Chief's humanity this, Chief needs to change, put Chief in situations that force him to change blah blah blah. Umm, when did this happen?

DopeyFish

So all I heard in those BTS story videos was, Chief's humanity this, Chief needs to change, put Chief in situations that force him to change blah blah blah. Umm, when did this happen?

I think it's all in the different tones he said cortana

J10

Banned

He disobeyed a direct order from a superior officer. That has never happened before.

Spawnling

Halo 4 needs more ammo, in general. It's just frustrating and annoying in Multiplayer and Campaign when you literally always run out of ammo. I hate getting a killing spree or frenzy then having to spend 2-3 minutes just scavenging for ammo. I literally just stand there and let them kill me while I do nothing when I'm out.

Already did it about a dozen times or so.

Havok

He disobeyed a direct order from a superior officer. That has never happened before.
A superior officer has never been as much of a total douchelord before. I feel like it would have been well within his preexisting character to have disobeyed Hood immediately and gone after Cortana's solution after the Floodgate end cinematic in Halo 3 if Hood had been as one-dimensional a character as Del Rio was.

Speaking of which, is there a way to see what playlist people are in, or any data at all about the game they're in, using the Active Roster or am I just missing it? Every time I view someone's party details it just says "In War Games" or whatever, doesn't matter what gametype they're currently playing. No indication of how much time is left, what the scores are, whatever. Reach's Active Roster gave so much useful information that I guess I totally took for granted.

X, select player, party details. There is nothing off the main drag for players unless you queue.

I can only guess those huge buttons for everything else that doesn't need it take up a lot of room.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There should be about about half as much space between the names in the active roster.

Screw it, I think I just might compile all my UI complaints and make a megapost.

Havok

X, select player, party details. There is nothing off the main drag for players unless you queue.
Yeah, I knew where it should be, but when I do those steps (minus the queueing, I ain't gonna use that feature), it only gives me Party Size, Party Privacy, and the lobby that they're in (no matter what playlist it is, it just says War Games Matchmaking). Not being able to see game details is a bummer.

DopeyFish

There should be about about half as much space between the names in the active roster.

Screw it, I think I just might compile all my UI complaints and make a megapost.

Also it's current implementation is begging for a halo 2 request invite feature and message sending feature

J10

Banned
Yeah and nothing came of it - what a change

Or maybe the point was to show that he's not a mindless automaton and that he knows the difference between following orders and doing the right thing. It's a huge step as far as his characterization in the games go.

Yeah, I knew where it should be, but when I do that, it gives me Party Size, Party Privacy, and the lobby that they're in (no matter what playlist it is, it just says War Games Matchmaking). Not being able to see game details is a bummer.

OH yeah forgot about that. Really like I said, as a designer myself I'm pretty fucking annoyed with the current UI menus in H4.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I'm sorry to say that Abandon is a poor map. There is too much unneeded stuff strewn about and it really could do with an opposite base on the sunny side.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So since Ellis said XP cap wouldn't be a problem for 2XP users, when is this getting fixed? I kinda wanna play War Games on my damn day off.

A superior officer has never been as much of a total douchelord before. I feel like it would have been well within his preexisting character to have disobeyed Hood immediately and gone after Cortana's solution after the Floodgate end cinematic in Halo 3 if Hood had been as one-dimensional a character as Del Rio was.

Campaign spoilers!
You still have to admit it was pretty awesome to see Chief towering over Del Rio and not backing down about his decision. Even though his voice didn't change much you could tell he was getting emotional during the finale with Cortana.

And what negative outcome occurred

How about Lasky becoming captain and he even tells John the entire crew's mutiny. You're looking at it in a different perspective. You think John should be in the negative but the entire crew sided with John and ousted Del Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom