• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're roughly shooting for December, February, and April? That is... brisk. I like it.

The skeptic in me thinks that the December maps could probably already be done by now and that they are simply being held back like mythic maps where...

Awesome that we will have roughly 20 maps including forge environments within 6 months though - wonder if they will throw a halo 2 anniversary remake pack in in 2014 to bring the map count even higher

Ramirez

Or the top of Monolith and play Epitaph.

howboutno.jpg

daedalius

Map descriptions and concept art are AWESOME.

So guys, I am using an xbox controller in my left hand to do art now (mapped with photoshop functions); and I just got my first cover deal ;) (and shortly before that some magazine art for Warmachine)

Theater doesn't bother me too much, but after a couple of plays and some co-op, Scoring is one of the main draws for me to go back to Campaign.

Theater doesn't bother me too much, but after a couple of plays and some co-op, Scoring is one of the main draws for me to go back to Campaign.
I'm sorry, you're post is not filled with the requisite vitriol for me to pile on to. Moar personal insults directed toward 343, please.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Well, all my worries about the human maps' architecture being too similar are now allayed. The DLC maps look varied and beautiful.

It's the same collection of maps. Either they come with the helmets as a group or they don't, I think people have read too much into the discrepancy.
I don't know, man. I just don't know.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I have no idea what I'm even looking at in this picture. Is that object on the right close to the foreground or is it in the distance? Almost everything is in focus, which makes the picture really hard to make out.

Obviously it's just concept art, but I hope it's not just a human map with a bunch of structures around the perimeter for the sake of showing this "clash of civilizations." A true mix of playable Covie/Forerunner/Human space could be amazing.

Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
  • Wreckage: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations
  • Harvest: venture into the human colony environs of Harvest
  • Shatter: explore a human foray on an alien moon

Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)

• Landfall: emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world
  • Monolith: exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams
  • Skyline: distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.

Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)

• Daybreak: a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range
  • Outcast: plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice
  • Perdition: takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.

I dont expect any "small" maps, those are dead
But a few of these sound like they are more infantry focused (one says it outright)

color me excited

and render Space Turf obsolete, no way!
still cant think of a better name

Astro Turf.

Arnie

Concept art looks really good.

Beware there's someone spoiling things in that stream chat. I got caught off guard, long day. Damn :(

So BSAngel says that the LE Map Pack doesn't come with the extra helmets.
Nelson says that the LE comes with the same goodies as the standalone.

People need to get their shit together.

However, I trust BSAngel more than Nelson. She's straight from 343i and the press release from Nelson already has one large mistake in it (the console doesn't have the map pass).

Apparently Ellis is paying attention. Someone tweet him about it since he seems to be on the ball and 343 as a company doesn't really seem to care about clarifying.

MrDaravon

I almost never played FFA so I have no horse in this race, but Regicide seems really stupid.

Did it just say KINGTACULAR and then OVERKING? looooooooool what the fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom