• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.
The skeptic in me thinks that the December maps could probably already be done by now and that they are simply being held back like mythic maps where...

Awesome that we will have roughly 20 maps including forge environments within 6 months though - wonder if they will throw a halo 2 anniversary remake pack in in 2014 to bring the map count even higher

It's possible, but I'm okay with it. I think people would cry foul if we weren't getting 10 maps at launch (13 counting forge environments). They seem to be a pretty solid 10 as well.

Let's just hope they've learned from the DLC woes of the past two games and finally have a solution that actually works.

MrDaravon

it was fun when I played it.

Completely from an outside view, it seems like it somewhat defeats the purpose of a FFA since it's punishing you for doing well. That makes sense in something like Headhunter which is more objective based.

Wait so the LE now DOES come with the helmets and skins, or still not?

I'm not clear on this either, but if they flip-flopped on this I'm going to be genuinely annoyed since I cancelled my pre-order for the LE this morning, and would have left it alone otherwise.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I love FFA, and I think Regicide looks great. I'm pissed that normal FFA doesn't seem to be in matchmaking, though.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I almost never played FFA so I have no horse in this race, but Regicide seems really stupid.

Did it just say KINGTACULAR and then OVERKING? looooooooool what the fuck

Being a random FFA is my home, so regicide being the only gametype is disappointing. But I don't have anything against it, it looks fun. Just wish they had at least made a "Kings" playlist with both KoH and Regicide to mix things up... Who's going to play straight KoH, (or straight anything, for that matter)

"MP2 Rattler" As in sidewinder? :O

That would clash badly. Vortex is good enough for a Sidewinder-style map from what I've seen.

willow ve

Loved this moment in the live stream. It's a 1v1 game. Player A kills B in a duel. Player B spawns instantly and is close enough to get the final headshot from the duel before Player A has a chance to recharge his shields. Fun spawn system and game mechanics! Thanks 343!

Feels like Halo.

edit - Ha. It just happened THREE TIMES in the this 1v1 game. Imagine when there are 8 people on the map...

MrDaravon

Loved this moment in the live stream. It's a 1v1 game. Player A kills B in a duel. Player B spawns instantly and is close enough to get the final headshot from the duel before Player A has a chance to recharge his shields. Fun spawn system and game mechanics! Thanks 343!

Feels like Halo.

Call of Duty has made me numb to this sort of thing. But yes, welcome to the bullshit that instant respawn introduces, enjoy your stay.

I asked this a couple of days ago and I don't think I got an answer (or if I did I missed it): are the armors attached specifically to Specializations unlockable for use outside of them through leveling up the Specializations or anything like that? So for example if I wanted to use the Wetworks helmet outside of equipping that Specialization, is that possible?

All of the announcer callouts on this livestream about the king is just making me think of the Burger King king and making me laugh.

Loginius

You get a damage boost if you manage to be king for long enough?

So it isnt only punishment for being the best after all.
Seems like a fun mode not very fair but fun.

Feels like Halo.

edit - Ha. It just happened THREE TIMES in the this 1v1 game. Imagine when there are 8 people on the map...

Please go play some 1on1 Halo 3 "The Pit" and tell me again that this isnt halo.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Feels like Halo.

Yeah, that's a definite worry of mine. I predict many rage posts about Sprint + Instant Spawn.

cocamola

Banned
Some things i've watched about Regicide;

Being the King for 30seconds = Kingtacualar. Grants you overshields.
Being the King for 90seconds = Reign of Terror. Grants Damage Boost.

wwm0nkey

Really wish they would not play on system link, it fucks up the kill cams so much. Every XBL stream I have seen the Kill Cams have been fine but almost every system link game they are awful.

I don't know, man. I just don't know.
Can't say that I blame you. Information has been doled out in a weird way, and I can't even say for sure that what I believe is the truth of the matter.

"MP2 Rattler" As in sidewinder? :O
I remember being told that Halo 4 would have exactly one remake, and we know what it is. Sidewinder would be awesome though; flashbacks of marathon 1v1 with my wife on that map, lol

WHAT TO BELIEVE

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but if nothing else the game looks goddamn fucking amazing graphically.
I played with/against Tunavi, and it was fun. Depends on what you think is fun, however. Any FFA gets taxing after a while.

It was pretty stupid when I played it. :p I felt like it was on par with something like Juggernaut/ VIP or Headhunter - just a casual party game mode.
couldn't have put it better.

willow ve

Some things i've watched about regicide;

Being the King for 30seconds = Kingtacualar. Grants you overshields.
Being the King for 90seconds = Reign of Terror. Grants Damage Boost.

It also seemed like King wasn't always given to the person who had killed the king. A few times the player respawned and was instantly told "You are the King" - seems like that's opposite of how it should play unless King is punishment?

Moa

Really wish they would not play on system link, it fucks up the kill cams so much. Every XBL stream I have seen the Kill Cams have been fine but almost every system link game they are awful.

What else are they going to play other than system link?/

MrDaravon

couldn't have put it better.

This is probably not at all what the people who mainly play or are serious about FFA want to hear lol.

It also seemed like King wasn't always given to the person who had killed the king. A few times the player respawned and was instantly told "You are the King" - seems like that's opposite of how it should play unless King is punishment?

IIRC the King is just whoever is in the lead.

Cunt of a thing to get the discs out. Those holders are always too hard and you (well, I) tend to bend the disc while trying to get it to release.

I wonder if the standard edition will have a Manual? It would be stupid if the LE doesn't but the standard edition does - but I wouldnt be suprised.

Also I really hate steelbook cases, tempted to downgrade just because I hate wrestling with the stupid CD holders for the disk.

cocamola

Banned

The king is the person with the highest score.

DesertFox

Call of Duty has made me numb to this sort of thing. But yes, welcome to the bullshit that instant respawn introduces, enjoy your stay.

I asked this a couple of days ago and I don't think I got an answer (or if I did I missed it): are the armors attached specifically to Specializations unlockable for use outside of them through leveling up the Specializations or anything like that? So for example if I wanted to use the Wetworks helmet outside of equipping that Specialization, is that possible?

All of the announcer callouts on this livestream about the king is just making me think of the Burger King king and making me laugh.

iirc, yes, the armor is usable even when the specialization is not equipped. You will need to commit to that specialization once you hit 50, but during those 10 levels of that specialization, the helmet is unlocked for permanent use, even when not using that spec.

MrDaravon

I wonder if the standard edition will have a Manual? It would be stupid if the LE doesn't but the standard edition does - but I wouldnt be suprised.

Also I really hate steelbook cases, tempted to downgrade just because I hate wrestling with the stupid CD holders for the disk.

I'll trade you the standard edition case for the steelbook case! For serious, will even pay for your shipping and like $5 or something. That was the only thing I really wanted out of the LE.

iirc, yes, the armor is usable even when the specialization is not equipped. You will need to commit to that specialization once you hit 50, but during those 10 levels of that specialization, the helmet is unlocked for permanent use, even when not using that spec.

Thank you! I figured that was one of the things you unlocked along the way on those 10 levels, but I just couldn't see to find any confirmation on it.

Beckx

King is top scorer?

9Zmut.jpg

willow ve

Hmmm. So in the "stream" he's been doing all custom games via "system link" and yet he's still earning Sparty Points and leveling up. Does this mean if I have two controllers and some clever rubber bands I can play a 10 hour overnight oddball game where I hold the ball for 10 hours and rank up to ultimate Sparty mode?

It's probably like Reach, where you level up faster offline, but once you connect online your rank adjusts appropriately. This isn't going to be any indication of how long it will actually take online to hit these ranks unless they've fucked up super bad.

Or maybe they just realized that grinding ranks is meaningless and so they decided to let people boost their way to the top if they so desire? Why does it matter anyway?

MrDaravon

Hmmm. So in the "stream" he's been doing all custom games via "system link" and yet he's still earning Sparty Points and leveling up. Does this mean if I have two controllers and some clever rubber bands I can play a 10 hour overnight oddball game where I hold the ball for 10 hours and rank up to ultimate Sparty mode?

It's probably like Reach, where you level up faster offline, but once you connect online your rank adjusts appropriately. This isn't going to be any indication of how long it will actually take online to hit these ranks unless they've fucked up super bad.

offline XP probably wont carry over online.

This is probably not at all what the people who mainly play or are serious about FFA want to hear lol.
haha, maybe not. I'm sure the people who are serious about it will find a way to win easily enough.

Just wanted to drop by briefly and post this.

My day was already pretty bad, and this has made it worse. I'll miss ya, Scorcho.
You should look at it in the positive; he's not in pain any more. Celebrating the relationship you had with him is the best way to mourn his passing.

Can you imagine..
They put all this focus on the progression system, and then you are able to max out after a few days of gameplay?
Gosh, that would be depressing.

Just wanted to drop by briefly and post this.

My day was already pretty bad, and this has made it worse. I'll miss ya, Scorcho.
Nvm, that is depressing.

MrDaravon

Or maybe they just realized that grinding ranks is meaningless and so they decided to let people boost their way to the top if they so desire? Why does it matter anyway?

If that's the case and you could boost to the max rank in a day, then why even bother having them? I don't disagree, but that would make the entire thing completely pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom