• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT11| Forward Unto Dong

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned

Oh, well now it makes perfect sense! Carry on, nothing to see here, etc.

I agree, my comment was all of two sentences just pointing out it was a ridiculous reason that was given and the rest of my post was about other stuff. Now I'm stuck defending myself against white knight HaloGAF.

Hey that's only ok when we say it!

edit: oh shit top of the page. Here's a gif of absolutely nothing because that trend is awful.

MrDaravon

Fuck is wrong with you? Get off your fucking high horse that everything revolves around you being happy. If it wasn't a big deal you would not have made this idiotic comment.

Once again, I was just pointing out that the reason given for the bulletin delay is hilarious and makes no sense. If they are busy or have other stuff going on (which is likely the case) they should just say that which is completely understandable. However saying that it was delayed because she didn't have correct Forge information after the game went gold over a month ago and pirates have had it for weeks just makes them look stupid. You're confusing me pointing that out with caring. Almost nothing that happens here is a "big deal" and people comment on it. It's a message board, that's how this works.

One thing they could add to the weekly bulletin: How does masterchief go bathroom? A simple raise of the codpiece or a button that results in a complex de-assing of his suit? Does he tell Cortana to look away?

GAF's obsession with using the bathroom continues lol. This came up in here a week ago, I think someone said that the suit somehow absorbs it and turns it into nutrition or recycles it in some way?

One thing they could add to the weekly bulletin: How does masterchief go bathroom? A simple raise of the codpiece or a button that results in a complex de-assing of his suit? Does he tell Cortana to look away?

GAF's obsession with using the bathroom continues lol. This came up in here a week ago, I think someone said that the suit somehow absorbs it and turns it into nutrition or recycles it in some way?

Nutrition, ewww. Masterchief: "tonight, we dine, on my poo"

TheOddOne

Once again, I was just pointing out that the reason given for the bulletin delay is hilarious and makes no sense. If they are busy or have other stuff going on (which is likely the case) they should just say that which is completely understandable. However saying that it was delayed because she didn't have correct Forge information after the game went gold over a month ago and pirates have had it for weeks just makes them look stupid. You're confusing me pointing that out with caring. I don't know if you noticed this, but almost nothing that happens here is a "big deal" and people comment on it. It's a message board, that's how this works.
Like I don't understand that isn't resonable, it is this fucking terrible part that set me off:
If this was another game or publisher there would probably have been a separate thread made and people would be ripping it apart. You people just blindly bend over and take some of this shit, it's sad. It's not even that big a deal on either side, but people here immediately jumped all over to white knight it.
Seriously that makes no fucking goddamn sense in the context of what you are saying. Also, you can't understand that somebody would not feel the same as you? Well fuck, it is a messageboard, we fucking disagree and agree on all kinds of shit. "blindly bend over and take some of this shit" is the worst fucking argument I have heard.

MrDaravon

Seriously that makes no fucking goddamn sense in the context of what you are saying. Also, you can't understand that somebody would not feel the same as you? Well fuck, it is a messageboard, we fucking disagree and agree on all kinds of shit. "blindly bend over and take some of this shit" is the worst fucking argument I have heard.

What I was getting at is say for example the Bioshock Infinite team had a similar weekly bulletin they put up, then a month after going gold they said it was going to be delayed because they didn't have correct game information available. I guarantee that people (although to be fair this is GAF) would have been "what the fuck are they doing" in the exact same way.

I'm honestly not completely clear on the rest of your post, but the only reason I posted that was because I felt like I had to defend myself because apparently by posting about that seeming like a really stupid reason for the bulletin to be delayed multiple people immediately jumped on me about it. I mean for fucks sake, HaloGAF has a long running Team SLRP thing going on and multiple posters are known for white knighting in here, this isn't a new thing. When kittens writes an elaborate story to try to deride my post when none of changes the fact that none of those (reasonable) reasons were given for the delay, I'm going to get a little defensive. If it helps I do apologize, my intent was not to piss off anyone here. I will go slump off to my unemployment and standard edition Halo 4 land now :(

Fuchsdh

So SailorDaravon, want to make your opinions about women known, because all your white knight comments make me think we just need you to talk for a while and ban yourself.

If it's not a big deal, don't post about it.

Random funny vid by an HBO chap: "Cooking With Chief"

Satchel

Banned
You really think they many people care the bulletin is delayed?

You think of that tiny percentage of folk that do, they are that bothered by the reason?

Doubtful.

MrDaravon

So SailorDaravon, want to make your opinions about women known, because all your white knight comments make me think we just need you to talk for a while and ban yourself.

If it's not a big deal, don't post about it.

Random funny vid by an HBO chap: "Cooking With Chief"

Sigh. Almost nothing here is a big deal, why post about anything then?

I guess I'm not explaining myself well then. Well if this is how it's going to go I guess I'm out then. BTW my wife is an active GAF poster, not sure where you're going with that, but there you are.

You really think they many people care the bulletin is delayed?

You think of that tiny percentage of folk that do, they are that bothered by the reason?

Doubtful.

Of course not, I was just pointing out that the reason given doesn't seem to make any sense. This was construed as me caring and being entitled and here we are. Great morning for me so far.

Is the audio supposed to be jacked up in this game? Quite often the music plays way too fucking loud over voice overs. :/

Just finished a co-op Anniversary playthrough, onto H2 tomorrow night probably.

This has all been stated before, but worth sharing again:
-Dear lord the framerate in spots in Anniversary
-Do not like the remastered score
-Sound mixing is awful, can't hear dialogue at all

Other than that, still CE, so still a shit ton of fun. That fucking weapon sandbox is so damn good.
Don't know what kind of audio setup you guys have, but I tinkered with my 5.1 headphones a bit and found a setting that worked to where Cortana's dialog was much more prominent. I ended up going with a setting that normally would take a stereo signal and process it to make it 5.1. Worked like a charm, but only for that game. May be too late now, but perhaps in future playthroughs

I think I'm going to try the default control scheme in Halo 4. I'll miss Bumper Jumper, but having AAs available on a bumper might be worth it. I hate clicking left stick to sprint SO MUCH, though. At least they didn't put melee on the right stick...

I really wish 343 would've made Bumper Jumper with AAs on the right bumper, melee on the B button, and reload on the X button. Or allowed us to customize our control schemes.

Edit : Actually, I might use Recon. Anything to avoid click to sprint! Here's the final layouts for those who want to commiserate with me
I was all ready to try Fishstick until I saw that melee was on a stick. ewww
May have to try out Recon, I hear the cool kids are using it.

The fuck is wrong with you people? This is weekly feature and the reason provided for it's delay is hilarious and makes no sense. If they're really busy with launch or something just say that, that's understandable and no one will care.

If this was another game or publisher there would probably have been a separate thread made and people would be ripping it apart. You people just blindly bend over and take some of this shit, it's sad. It's not even that big a deal on either side, but people here immediately jumped all over to white knight it.
Holy shit, dude; she doesn't even have to give you a fucking reason why. Getting angry (because you sound extremely angry) for not getting an update on a day that it SOMETIMES comes out, regardless of the reason, is really, really childish. Do you even use Forge on a regular basis? I'm as interested in getting Forge info as much as anyone who enjoys tinkering with it, but I'm not going to act like a baby because someone missed a deadline.

Woorloog

Banned
I was all ready to try Fishstick until I saw that melee was on a stick. ewww
May have to try out Recon, I hear the cool kids are using it.

Clench melees.
I tried Green Thumb sometimes. Couldn't play with it.
Oddly, i do not clench melee in COD or Battlefield... umm... where's BF melee? I don't remember anymore.

MrDaravon

Holy shit, dude; she doesn't even have to give you a fucking reason why. Getting angry (because you sound extremely angry) for not getting an update on a day that it SOMETIMES comes out, regardless of the reason, is really, really childish. Do you even use Forge on a regular basis? I'm as interested in getting Forge info as much as anyone who enjoys tinkering with it, but I'm not going to act like a baby because someone missed a deadline.

I was responding directly to posts like this:

Because you need a reasonable reason to delay a weekly newsletter by a day (if even).

I wish I could somehow better convey how little I cared about the bulletin being delayed, and only that I found the reason given hilarious because the specific reason they cited for the delay makes no sense. They could have not said anything at all, or said they were busy, or any of another million things that would have made sense and been fine. The one they picked is bizarre.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So that's what we're on this morning? Reasons that Jessica had to delay? Who cares? It's her and 343's business. Things come up, shit happens. Forge being the reason just could mean a video didn't finish rendering right, or one of the guys went home that she needed to ask a question to or clarify with. Big deal.

Good morning HaloGaf!

Oh yo, Sailor

Do yourself a favor and kindly shut the fuck up

don't reply to any more posts on this topic

don't reply to this post either

just shut the fuck up and move on

your friend
-ViewtifulJC

I was responding directly to posts like this:

I wish I could somehow better convey how little I cared about the bulletin being delayed, and only that I found the reason given hilarious because the specific reason they cited for the delay makes no sense. They could have not said anything at all, or said they were busy, or any of another million things that would have made sense and been fine. The one they picked is bizarre.

You know the best way to show you don't care about something? You don't mention it.

You called it laughably imcompetent and said if it was any other dev that they would be shamed. Doesn't sound like the argument from someone who doesn't care about, get this, the delay of a voluntary weekly newsletter by a day.

Like I said from the beginning; You'll get over it.

MrDaravon

I edited the quote hydranockz, I agree with your reason.

Again, I only keep posting because I feel like I have to continue to defend myself.

I'M SORRY GUYS, HUGZ??

I imagine the weekly update thing is a situation where she is awaiting an interview or something - rather than just information on the game.

Also found out work is going to be really busy for the next couple of months :(

I did an unboxing video of the Limited Edition Soundtrack. Go easy on me, it's my first time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv5oAtoW-68

I don't know why I thought it was the LE game for too long :p It was a pretty cool unboxing. I imagine somewhere in the world Sai is doing unspeakable things at the sight of that vinyl. I can see why that price point is so high.

Maybe you're lovely accent has coated my perception of the LE in a weird charm :p Who knows?

u4iX

The fuck is wrong with you people? This is weekly feature and the reason provided for it's delay is hilarious and makes no sense. If they're really busy with launch or something just say that, that's understandable and no one will care.

L24cy.gif

MrDaravon

'S old. Like PAX old. Or something. I think it doesn't even have all the helmets, does it?

Not sure. I'd never seen it before, someone linked it on another forum. Off the top of my head it's got all of the pre-order helmets and other one-offs that I can think of.

Woorloog

Banned
I still can't believe Scanner even made the cut.
It looks good! All it needs is a disc launcher weapon exclusive to that helmet.
Not sure. I'd never seen it before, someone linked it on another forum. Off the top of my head it's got all of the pre-order helmets and other one-offs that I can think of.

No helmet (but FOTUS?) is pre-order exclusive, only the skins are. Seen pic of Locust without the pre-order skin.

EDIT GUys, HAZOp is good too!

Woorloog

Banned
I thought some of them were helmets? I'm understanding why Ghaleon scrapped the pre-order bonuses part of the OT.

Nope, just skins. They're marketed as helmets but the base, skinless variants are apparently available in-game. I hope they're...
EDIT and yes, scrapping the pre-order bonus section is sensible. Especially when the original availabilities have changed... And my local Gamestop still has no idea what they're going to have as a pre-order bonus, just know they have something.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
I imagine the weekly update thing is a situation where she is awaiting an interview or something - rather than just information on the game.

Also found out work is going to be really busy for the next couple of months :(

She probably didn't have time seeing as how they had a "Ship" party tonight per Ellis tweet. She always posts the bulletin way late anyway so it ran over to today.

Priorities guys, party or think of what kind of cat references to put in the bulletin? I think I would choose to party.

Anyway hope everything goes smooth at launch better not be any issues with MM at 12:30am because they didn't stress test enough.

Remember the good old days when your account would be hacked just for having exclusive armor? Good times...

Oh man, reminds me of the time when I unlocked recon.

I matched with what seemed like a group of 10 year olds, on Avalanche.

They kept asking me how I unlocked recon, they referred to me as sir, and best of all they took all the shots for me. You should have heard them:

"The recon guy is under attack! Don't let him die, get in front him!"

Lmao, good times.

Risen

Like I said from the beginning; You'll get over it.

I'm not so sure he will lol. Fun reading this morning over coffee - help that man keep it up.

Oh man, reminds me of the time when I unlocked recon.

I matched with what seemed like a group of 10 year olds, on Avalanche.

They kept asking me how I unlocked recon, they referred to me as sir, and best of all they took all the shots for me. You should have heard them:

"The recon guy is under attack! Don't let him die, get in front him!"

Lmao, good times.

That wasn't recon, that was your animal magnetism forcefully attracting people. Truth.

Louis Wu

Polygon looks like a clusterfuck. It's trying to be Edge 2.0 so much it hurts.

Their $700k Microsoft bankroll lost them any credibility they had before they even launched.
Wow, seems like an odd attitude, given how good that User Research article was. I'd never heard of them before now - but even if I knew they'd gotten money from MS, I'd let the article stand for itself...

Pretty much.

Also seems pretty broken in Opera
Heh. I launched (and updated) Opera for the first time in over a year, to see what this meant.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between the Opera version and the Chrome/Firefox/Safari versions is the missing 'Jump To' menu that scrolls along the left edge. Not sure that qualifies as 'pretty broken' in my book.

who the fuck is toshi
toshi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom