• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how I can get a high res or decent size image of my Halo 4 emblem? I've been trying to find one on waypoint but it's either obstructed when at a good size or tiny.

Sure thing. I'm not home now though. I'll PM you the code when I get home.

Cool, thanks

Dark Souls 2!

My god it looks beautiful

walshy.jpg

Unexpected. My second fave game this gen.

Akai__

Any YouTube versions of the SpartanOps Trailer. I literally fell asleep watching the VGA's.

80% commercials/ 20% trailer/music/Samuel L. Jackson getting censored. It was 4 in the morning, too. :p

But holy crap, the World Premiere things were amazing. Would have liked it, when Star Wars 1313 or Watch Dogs showed up, too. Those are definetely on my to buy list for next gen.

Omni

Honestly, who thought it was a good idea to show soo many medals on the screen at once and then to cram the 'kill-feed' text underneath? (taking pictures of my TV feels sooo 2005)

Not only do I have no idea what half of those medals are for (ironic, given I've been with Halo from the start and the changes that were supposed to make things easier to understand have made things overly complicated), but I also have no idea who I'm killing/what the hell is going on with my team mates.

Reach had this pretty much perfect. In game I could see that player x was just sniped or whatever. Now it's just a mess

White text can still GTFO. Unnecessary clutter for something you don't see in game

Any YouTube versions of the SpartanOps Trailer. I literally fell asleep watching the VGA's.

80% commercials/ 20% trailer/music/Samuel L. Jackson getting censored. It was 4 in the morning, too. :p

But holy crap, the World Premiere things were amazing. Would have liked it, when Star Wars 1313 or Watch Dogs showed up, too. Those are definetely on my to buy list for next gen.
You can watch it at Kotaku. It is not much and I would wait for the Extended trailer which contains more gameplay scenes and is coming this weekend according to David Ellis.

Nearly every game is fucking lag city.
I've never been killed more by bullets AFTER successfully getting to cover than in Halo 4. I would estimate that average game connection quality is akin to playing Mexicans in Reach. So infuriating. Poor Risen and his friends listened to me bitch last night in CTF far too much. Sorry man.

rakka

I've never been killed more by bullets AFTER successfully getting to cover than in Halo 4. I would estimate that average game connection quality is akin to playing Mexicans in Reach. So infuriating. Poor Risen and his friends listened to me bitch last night in CTF far too much. Sorry man.

yeah, this. Don't know if it happens for players in the US as well but i live in Australia and laggy games have been far more frequent than in reach. black screens galore and being hit multiple times after im in cover.

Oh wow, that trailer was horrible, I get that they paid a lot of money for the CGI but I didn't realize Spartan Ops was a 3 minute long CGI web episode every week. Its almost like they have given up trying to make and show off exciting gameplay moments and are just hoping the the CGI interests people.

I guess most of the stuff at the VGA's was CG? If so then I guess thats fair enough, but even still it really feels like they didnt make much effort with the gameplay so far.

Omni

Played some customs with randoms from Waypoint tonight...

There's a gametype/mode where everyone spawns in a low grav room with over shields, thruster pack and a sticky detonator with unlimited ammo. Sooo much fun.

Played some customs with randoms from Waypoint tonight...

There's a gametype/mode where everyone spawns in a low grav room with over shields, thruster pack and a sticky detonator with unlimited ammo. Sooo much fun.
That actually does sound fun.
yeah, this. Don't know if it happens for players in the US as well but i live in Australia and laggy games have been far more frequent than in reach. black screens galore and being hit multiple times after im in cover.
lack of dedis + jip = some crazy awesome stuff

Omni

That actually does sound fun.
Yeaaaaaaap. Just crazy stupid fun

Cause the jungle art looks reminiscent of "343 Guilty Spark". Seeing as tons of levels are throwbacks to older levels, it would not suprise me.

I forgot how awesome Halo CEA looks. Kinda disappointing Halo 4's environments didn't have that same variety within them

Still holding onto the hope of a Halo 2 remake/Anniversary next year

Oh wow, that trailer was horrible, I get that they paid a lot of money for the CGI but I didn't realize Spartan Ops was a 3 minute long CGI web episode every week. Its almost like they have given up trying to make and show off exciting gameplay moments and are just hoping the the CGI interests people.

I guess most of the stuff at the VGA's was CG? If so then I guess thats fair enough, but even still it really feels like they didnt make much effort with the gameplay so far.

David confirmed on Twitter last night that the extended trailer would feature more gameplay.

Dirtbag

Damn wreckage looks pretty crappy and reminds me of shatter alot.
Camo is going to be completely abused on wreckage.

Looks like a killzone map

willow ve

Damn wreckage looks pretty crappy and reminds me of shatter alot.
Camo is going to be completely abused on wreckage.

Looks like a killzone map

I was thinking there looks like a lot of potential jetpack exploit spots. Hope the soft kill barriers are in place.

Just from the idea of the map Wreckage reminds me of Burial Mounds.

The thing is it seems like they went a lot further with the debris this time round, the map looks too cluttered. :/ I think thats what they where going for, but the cluttered Call of Duty maps always turn into a campfest and I foresee people crouching with camo and boltshot a lot in the wreckage around the map. :(

Striker

Seems like it is Burial Mounds meets Ghost Town. I'm not sure how 2 flag is expected to play well. They did put 2 flag on maps like Abandon and Complex, too, so I'm not really surprised. Extraction is probably the best thing suited for it, but we've yet to get a taste of that in regular MM so far for some reason.

Seems like it is Burial Mounds meets Ghost Town. I'm not sure how 2 flag is expected to play well. They did put 2 flag on maps like Abandon and Complex, too, so I'm not really surprised. Extraction is probably the best thing suited for it, but we've yet to get a taste of that in regular MM so far for some reason.

Well, since they got rid of 1-flag, we'll really have no choice.

I wish they'd have renamed this abomination "Infinity CTF" and put it in a designated playlist, with a normal CTF list for normal people.

Is there any chance they'll patch CTF to include 1-sided modes and not flagnum? Is it even technically possible?

Fuchsdh

Well, since they got rid of 1-flag, we'll really have no choice.

I wish they'd have renamed this abomination "Infinity CTF" and put it in a designated playlist, with a normal CTF list for normal people.

Is there any chance they'll patch CTF to include 1-sided modes and not flagnum? Is it even technically possible?
What is the point of a mode identical to assault except without an arm time?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They were talking to her about how she was up for a Best Performance by a Human Female award tonight trying to hype it up....

...when they had already given that award to the winner twenty minutes before without telling Hale.

Yeah, we found out we won at that red carpet interview live, so our surprise is both genuine and double, because we basically had no idea what was going on. Then we couldn't keep the trophy, they send your real ones later, so we bought a karate trophy from a sports store so we could carry it around at the after parties.

What is the point of a mode identical to assault except without an arm time?

We don't have assault either. Is that point enough?

And it's not identical, sneaking into the base with the bomb is pretty different from sneaking into the base to steal their flag. You can't use armor abilities/weapons while carrying the bomb, whereas you can just jetpack/camo into their base for the flag. And you only have to run across the map once in assault, and twice in 1-flag. To someone who hasn't played a lot of either, they may seem the same. The finer intricacies are quite different though.

What's more, both modes were fine. There was no need to remove or change them. It wouldn't have cost them an arm and a leg to port them over from Reach, would it?

Yeah, we found out we won at that red carpet interview live, so our surprise is both genuine and double, because we basically had no idea what was going on. Then we couldn't keep the trophy, they send your real ones later, so we bought a karate trophy from a sports store so we could carry it around at the after parties.
That is awesome. Grats man. You guys should have won best shooter too.

TheOddOne

Still find it weird that you guys didn't get to be on stage. Felt the same about the other winners who got their trophy at the pre-show.

Dirtbag

We don't have assault either. Is that point enough?

And it's not identical, sneaking into the base with the bomb is pretty different from sneaking into the base to steal their flag. You can't use armor abilities/weapons while carrying the bomb, whereas you can just jetpack/camo into their base for the flag. And you only have to run across the map once in assault, and twice in 1-flag. To someone who hasn't played a lot of either, they may seem the same. The finer intricacies are quite different though.

What's more, both modes were fine. There was no need to remove or change them. It wouldn't have cost them an arm and a leg to port them over from Reach, would it?

Nothing is ever just a simple port over, especially when the game mechanics change.
Still need testing and UI and a entire round based system for one sided games.

They also run the risk of spreading the population too far out with this playlist for every game type system.

Nothing is ever just a simple port over, especially when the game mechanics change.
Still need testing and UI and a entire round based system for one sided games.

Honestly, did the game mechanics change so much from Reach?
The new AAs make stuff a lot more random, but that's not something specific to assault/1-sided CTF. And the other new stuff like weapons, vehicles are balanced already, because of the other game modes.
I don't see why you'd need that much testing specifically for assault/1-sided CTF and they could've done a beta if they wanted to. Biggest challenge would've been testing the flow of the maps for 1-sided objective, but they can retroactively fix a lot of that with forge anyway. And I don't see why maps that work in 2-sided CTF wouldn't work in 1-sided?

They also run the risk of spreading the population too far out with this playlist for every game type system.
Well, throw all the classic objectives into one playlist. Or make 'em customs only, or weekend playlist, or...

heckfu

Banned

Spike is now reporting that Claptrap makes a better trophy than your karate one.

Shit's rigged.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Spike is now reporting that Claptrap makes a better trophy than your karate one.

Shit's rigged.

Karate trophy is the best one to go celebrating with, because people will enjoy your success while simultaneously fearing your moves. Mac agrees.

Still find it weird that you guys didn't get to be on stage. Felt the same about the other winners who got their trophy at the pre-show.

This. Best Xbox 360 game and graphics should have been on the stage at the very least.

Regardless congrats frankie and 343

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom