• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So let me get this right.

People bitch and complain about evade but we would all be perfectly fine is everybody could teleport around at will?

As for hacker what practical applications does it have?

Make a fucker plummet to his dead after using jetpack?

Dropping someone's HLS?

Popping someone you can't necessarily see out of Camo?

Destoying someone's Sentry?

Shutting down a dude's PV?

Cockblocking a regen field?

How can you not see the uses?

heckfu

Banned
So let me get this right.

People bitch and complain about evade but we would all be perfectly fine is everybody could teleport around at will?

As for hacker what practical applications does it have?
I'm not saying it would be without complaints, you chose a whole new argument. What you said is that no amount of testing could fix it and I said is that Shadowrun did it beautifully.

As for hacker what practical applications does it have? Have you played and when trying to land that last head shot the player tosses up a hardlight shield? Taking that away would be practical. On a hallway in Adrift you know there is an invis guy with a boltshot but didn't know where, you jam his invis. That's practical.

Make a fucker plummet to his dead after using jetpack?

Dropping someone's HLS?

Popping someone you can't necessarily see out of Camo?

Destoying someone's Sentry?

Shutting down a dude's PV?

Cockblocking a regen field?

How can you not see the uses?

I can see all those uses but staring to shoot someone earlier trumps them all.

Why stop PV if its going to result in the user getting a shot in first.

You have to be aiming at the person for it to work so Camo is useless might aswell pop a shot off

Regen field and HLS is maybe the only situations its useful. but i rarely see these abilities and they are easily overcome.

Sentry is plain shit.

As for shadowrun yeah Ill agree it worked fine in that.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I can see all those uses but staring to shoot someone earlier trumps them all.

Why stop PV if its going to result in the user getting a shot in first.

You have to be aiming at the person for it to work so Camo is useless might aswell pop a shot off

Regen field and HLS is maybe the only situations its useful. but i rarely see these abilities and they are easily overcome.

Sentry is plain shit.

You're assuming the other person is going to get the first shot every time. The ability to keep someone from using the AA is huge, especially shit players that rely on them. Especially the ones that allow a person to flee.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I always wonder if Shadowrun would've found success if it was F2P with your Gold sub but had mandatory map pack/dlc.

So you're agreeing with me that it comes down to smart gameplay mechanics implemented in an effective and tested manner.

I agree it worked it shadowrun.

If implemented in Halo I can never see it working. Like i said its just enhanced evade and that pissed people off on its own.

u4iX

I always wonder if Shadowrun would've found success if it was F2P with your Gold sub but had mandatory map pack/dlc.

Shadowrun probably would have had success if it was called anything but Shadowrun.

You take a loved RPG franchise, make it an FPS, make it a MULTIPLAYER ONLY FPS, make it have a huge skill gap, then release it into the wild a few weeks before the Halo 3 beta...

Reviewers were confused, casuals were confused, fans of the RPG Shadowrun were confused, then add the cross platform shit (which FASA had to go in an redo per MS' request).

F2P probably would have helped. Make it a DLC model for skins, weapon skins, and maps.

I agree it worked it shadowrun.

If implemented in Halo I can never see it working. Like i said its just enhanced evade and that pissed people off on its own.

Anything can work in anything if it's done right.

Homeboyd

Avoid the Surface with Windows RT.

We have literally like 50 of them at work here, just for testing, and no one is a fan.
My experience is the same as steely's. What don't you like about them? (I don't have one, just played with them. Like it better than my iPad though.)

"Welcome Recruits, my name is Kevin Franklin. Before you jump into the fantastic Mulitplayer experience that is Halo 4's War Games, I'd like to share a few tips with you. War Games is now designed to have one specific facet shine above all the rest; fun! To help you achievement maximum fun I am going to teach you how to enhance your gameplay experience in a few simple steps.

If you've played prior Halos all I ask is that you forget about weapon placement, tactical movement, and map control. All you need to succeed is this; Boltshot Camo. Both 343 and its playtesters found this to be the new Halo defining experience. So loadout, drop in, disappear, and watch as both you and your enemies have an experience you'll never forget.

Welcome to the war, Spartan.

Remember, have Fun!"
Hire Juices!

darthbob

My experience is the same as steely's. What don't you like about them? (I don't have one, just played with them. Like it better than my iPad though.)

It's not a laptop, it's a tablet. But it's not quite a tablet OS, it's a laptop/desktop OS.

It makes no sense. The touchpad is pretty cool though, but I wish there was some sort of tactile feedback.

Homeboyd

It's not a laptop, it's a tablet. But it's not quite a tablet OS, it's a laptop/desktop OS.
That's what I like about it. All the medical related work I do on my laptop, I can't on my iPad. I'm stuck with whatever apps are available. The fact it even has a USB drive makes a world of difference, for me. I can't do my "work" on my iPad, I can on a surface. I still love my iPad, but this surface is pretty dope.

darthbob

That's what I like about it. All the medical related work I do on my laptop, I can't on my iPad. I'm stuck with whatever apps are available. The fact it even has a USB drive makes a world of difference, for me. I can't do my "work" on my iPad, I can on a surface. I still love my iPad, but this surface is pretty dope.

To each their own.

I'm not a fan, and neither is anyone that I work with, but if it suits your needs, then by all means.

Technical question. I am playing Killzone 3 and it does environment backgrounds similar to how 343 did them in Halo 4. The difference is that Killzone's images don't appear pixelated when you zoom in on them, so the effect is much more convincing. Are Halo 4's pixelated environment backgrounds a result of hardware limitations or what?

It makes no sense. The touchpad is pretty cool though, but I wish there was some sort of tactile feedback.

It works for both, that's a beauty of it. Real multi-tasking, USB support, better Home/Start screen experience, and built in stand and very cool keyboard attachment immediately make it superior to the competition in my opinion.

At this point who knows if any studio would have made a better game considering the elements MS probably pressured them into implementing in the game. I'm not going to ever buy the theory that they came up with these independent of CoD.

At this point who knows if any studio would have made a better game considering the elements MS probably pressured them into implementing in the game. I'm not going to ever buy the theory that they came up with these independent of CoD.

Yea who knows. Next gen cod has to start all over and i hope in general[not just halo] that developers don't copy cod or what ever is big. What i liked about last gen is for the most part games were unique and different. Now every game has xp,perks and all that stuff.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Conspiracy theory?

Yea who knows. Next gen cod has to start all over and i hope in general[not just halo] that developers don't copy cod or what ever is big. What i liked about last gen is for the most part games were unique and different. Now every game has xp,perks and all that stuff.

My reasons for playing Halo are pretty much gone with this game, hence me not even being enticed to pick it back up unless I want to be profoundly disappointed. I like playing with Halogaf and all but I just get depressed when I play.

Conspiracy theory?

Even if MS didn't it's pretty obvious that elements from CoD were put into this game. Shit I don't need but apparently the gaming populace at large does.

Even if MS didn't it's pretty obvious that elements from CoD were put into this game. Shit I don't need but apparently the gaming populace at large does.

They dont need this crap either. Companies look at a succesful game see what they do then try and mimic it, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. When you already are creating the alternate FPS game, to move close to that game removes your products distinctive factors and lets players hop over to the real game easier.

Halo has built an idea of a game thats been different from CoD in the past so people were usually one side or the other, if you make your game like CoD but not as good of a CoD as CoD you're going to have people leave for CoD because its no longer Halo. !

Yeaaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom