• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowise10

Your Avatar reminded me of how you acquired it by Modding Halo 3. I'm curious to see if you or someone you know captured great shots of the Campaign by Modding 4? :)

I broke my Jtag trying to get Halo 4 to work on my Jtag.

Plus the campaign cutscene theater thing was a glitch with modding, and only worked on ODST and Halo 3. Not one has found a way yet in Halo Reach or Halo 4.

u4iX

When are kill cams and final strike coming back?

L24cy.gif

They're sitrecs not kill cams.

We don't want people to think sitrecs are robots. They're not robots.

We don't want people to think sitrecs are killcams. They're not killcams.

We don't want people to think sitrecs are replays. They're not replays.

We're not trying to be revolutionary. We're trying to be evolutionary.

We're trying to create a new and unique experience that will revolutionize gaming with visceral cinematic vignettes and gravitas.

Omni

iPhone master race reporting in.

But seriously, I just upgraded to the iPhone 5 yesterday. RadioShack's doing a promotion where the 5's on sale for $150 with a 2-year contract, and they're buying back 4/4S's for $150. I was eligible for an upgrade, and I was going to renew my contract anyways, so I upgraded to the 5 for free. I've had the thing for a little over 24 hours and it's absolutely fantastic.

Awesome! How is the battery life? I heard it was pretty bad? (and by that, I mean that moment I confirmed my order my friend told me)

J10

Banned
We knew teleport was an AA before the game released when it was seen sticking out the backs of Knights in early gameplay footage. I'm still betting there's an Invasion spin-off somewhere at 343 headquarters where players can play as the Knights versus Spartans. Probably one of the gametypes they held back from launch to be released later for "added value."

weeding my way through the bitching is exhausting. never ending.

teleport just looks like the predecessor to jet boost, serves the same purpose except one escaped being overpowered by allowing people to see the person moving. jet boost is fun.

Akai__

So, how can I get my hands on these AA's? Is there a modded gametype or do I need a modded Xbox? Probably a modded Xbox, right?

no it will kill you, almost every jump kills you lol.

naah, just modded gametypes search for lord zedd under file share, he has it

Maybe I should read the last pages first, before asking. :lol

Thanks!

He should take them out of the file-share, because he will probably get banned otherwise and this would be sad.

Can you teleport through scenery?

No, you can't. You will just die, if you hit a wall.

I was just standing still and I used the teleporter AA and I ended up under the map.
It's buggy as hell, but it's cool, though.

Overdoziz

Banned
343, patch Bumper Jumper into Halo 2.
Edit: Playing FFA BR starts with no radar on Midship, Lockout and Beaver Creek is amazing
on my host.

Overdoziz

Banned
Last time I played Halo 2 on a LAN we did so on the 360 in splitscreen and it made the game look like we were playing on Forge maps along with their signature ~10 fps framerate.

On a related note: I have none of the Halo 2 DLC maps on my 360, but I do have the map pack disc. Is it still possible to install and play the maps somehow? I vaguely remember hearing its not possible or a bit hard to do.

wwm0nkey

What is new in the update?

Well depending on when you last played it here is all that has been added since the first release

-Infection
-New 32-bit textures
-New Armor textures
-New Weapon Textures
-Super Sampling (can be turned on/off and gets rid of jaggies)
-No HUD mode
-A LOT of community maps

Last time I played Halo 2 on a LAN we did so on the 360 in splitscreen and it made the game look like we were playing on Forge maps along with their signature ~10 fps framerate.

On a related note: I have none of the Halo 2 DLC maps on my 360, but I do have the map pack disc. Is it still possible to install and play the maps somehow? I vaguely remember hearing its not possible or a bit hard to do.

the map pack disc? i installed it on my Halo 4 360 like 2 days ago with no problems. If anything it froze for a couple seconds, but other than that worked fine for me.

Overdoziz

Banned
the map pack disc? i installed it on my Halo 4 360 like 2 days ago with no problems. If anything it froze for a couple seconds, but other than that worked fine for me.
I get this message when I put in the disc:
"The VGA HD AV Cable does not support the PAL-50 setting required by this game. Connect the composite connector of your cable or use an Advanced SCART or Component HD AV Cable. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support."

Woah those are pretty cool. Does the teleporter actually go through walls like in Shadowrun? Can you end up inside the map if you use it wrong?

Ahhhhhh I want to download that gametype but I don't feel like turning o my Xbox. If only someone would invent a system by which you could view shared files online, and queue up downloads fir later. Probably an impossible dream, I know.

It would make my day to have a gametype which let me play as the blue dude from that Xmen film who teleported through walls and kicked ass. Imagine juggernaut with teleport.

I get this message when I put in the disc:
"The VGA HD AV Cable does not support the PAL-50 setting required by this game. Connect the composite connector of your cable or use an Advanced SCART or Component HD AV Cable. For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support."

googled it and someone on gaf posted something about it.

There is and I'm quite surprised that it still hasn't been fixed.

Anyway, plug in your 360 once in with composite cable (the yellow cable). Then go to the display settings, choose widescreen and PAL settings --> choose PAL60. Then plug back in your HDMI or whatever HD cable you were using.

This will fix the older "only PAL50" games.

not sure if it will do anything, but it's worth a shot i guess

m23

I never got the map pack disc, just downloaded them all again when they were free when they were about to take the old xbox live offline.

Nope, just tried it on all AA, only one that it didnt work for was the Hologram. Clicked making a video on it now.

It is an INCREDIBLY useful AA, why it got cut I have no idea. It's a perfect counters for the Camo/Boltshoters, my guess is they cut it because most people would use it to play to play "core Halo".

Out of interest how did you get other AA's in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom