• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

IHaveIce

Banned
TzX1rD1.gif

YES YES! KILL HER !

Still bummed that we see not the Spartan 2s, Spartan 3s or John in OPs.. I mean what are they doing :/

I dare 343 to write them out..

TheOddOne

I REALLY want to see John, Fred, Kelly and Linda kick some ass at some point in the new trilogy.
Will never happen, but I would love to see Lucy, Mark and Ash show up. They were given the chance to upgrade to Spartan IV's, but who knows if they went through with it.

So the Knight elbows her... with the arm that has an energy machete attached.
If you had paid attention, you would have noticed the Knight
is trying to abduct Halsey. What does this mean? If the Knight swung the blade with full strength against Palmer, he would harm/kill Halsey.
;) At least I think she is in the range for the blade if not, you are right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zLf1zzfbC4

Spartan Ops Episode 8 Trailer

Looking good!

EDIT: Yup, I put IMG tags on a video, nice one Moa.

Spartan Ops has seriously went from something I didn't care about or enjoy to one of the best things about Halo 4. I hope they keep it up.. the first half of season 1 still sucks, but man has the storytelling and gameplay become way better this half. Im actually replaying Spartan Ops missions.. weird. And the story is well presented and engaging!* (*in mission story still lacking, but has improved)

If a season 2 of Spartan Ops happens I hope they go back to the drawing board on a few things though.. that said, season 1.5 makes me want a season 2.

u4iX

The Master Chief Mojito might be good, everything else looks horrible. Also what's up with all the damn drinks calling for mio, I'd love to see somebody fired over that fresh idea.

Yes, if there was ever a reason for someone to get fired, it's because they suggested putting Mio into drinks.

Zoolader

Yes, if there was ever a reason for someone to get fired, it's because they suggested putting Mio into drinks.

Would you like some lime mio in your gin and tonic!?? If somebody ever asks me that at a bar, yes I would want them fired on the spot.

Spartan Ops has seriously went from something I didn't care about or enjoy to one of the best things about Halo 4. I hope they keep it up.. the first half of season 1 still sucks, but man has the storytelling and gameplay become way better this half. Im actually replaying Spartan Ops missions.. weird. And the story is well presented and engaging!* (*in mission story still lacking, but has improved)

If a season 2 of Spartan Ops happens I hope they go back to the drawing board on a few things though.. that said, season 1.5 makes me want a season 2.

Yep, agreed. Hopefully the rest of the season is as good as 6, and 7, if so, I'm totally in for a more ambitious season 2.

TheOddOne

One thing I observed from Spartan Ops is that the engine to a certain extent can’t handle large environments. They have tried to do it, but you can see that graphics excell in indoor environments but get muddy and washed out the bigger the environments get. Which is a shame, cause the art suffers because of it.

Yep, agreed. Hopefully the rest of the season is as good as 6, and 7, if so, I'm totally in for a more ambitious season 2.

Yup. I still think if a Season 2 happens that more story should happen within the missions, less button pressing, possibly more friendly AI, and not just random marines but real characters. I would also like to see the in engine cutscenes expanded upon, telling more story related to what your team is doing. I don't like the disconnect of the CG and the missions we are doing, which admitably is getting better, but it still feels off.

Also, I want less of goofy characters and dialogue.. I like Roland, but Miller and Palmer are freaking cringeworthy.

One thing I observed from Spartan Ops is that the engine to a certain extent can’t handle large environments. They have tried to do it, but you can see that graphics excell in indoor environments but get muddy and washed out the bigger the environments get. Which is a shame, cause the art suffers because of it.

Well, some of the larger environments looks really nice, but 'Apex' seems to struggle.. Its nice, pretty and vibrant, but it has a lot of low poly geometry with simple textures all over the place and its pretty evident. The Skybox is pretty, but once again, its kinda wonky looking, especially the water and waterfalls.

You're just a barrel full of laughs.
I appreciate your approval.

Same. I'm really happy to see things pick up story-wise and in terms of better locations, and can only hope that it keeps getting better as this season moves along.

Yup. I still think if a Season 2 happens that more story should happen within the missions, less button pressing, possibly more friendly AI, and not just random marines but real characters. I would also like to see the in engine cutscenes expanded upon, telling more story related to what your team is doing. I don't like the disconnect of the CG and the missions we are doing, which admitably is getting better, but it still feels off.

Also, I want less of goofy characters and dialogue.. I like Roland, but Miller and Palmer are freaking cringeworthy.
There's something about the voice actor for Miller that makes him seem very un-Spartan. Not even gonna touch on the dialog, because, bleh.

Madness

And for those who wanted another reason to hate on me or mock me further, this is what my cousin just texted me back saying after I asked him if he could get some info: "yah man lemme just ask that question to one of my high school friends who i see like every 2 months or so... whenever we hang out i ask her about life and shit, what she's doing now man, not "so whats the scoop on the next xbox??? ask your dad for me and let me know"...

I'll get some answers though. But feel free to dump on me some more. I should have never even said it to begin with.

Overdoziz

Banned
And for those who wanted another reason to hate on me or mock me further, this is what my cousin just texted me back saying after I asked him if he could get some info: "yah man lemme just ask that question to one of my high school friends who i see like every 2 months or so... whenever we hang out i ask her about life and shit, what she's doing now man, not "so whats the scoop on the next xbox??? ask your dad for me and let me know"...

I'll get some answers though. But feel free to dump on me some more. I should have never even said it to begin with.
I thought you quit HaloGAF

It's like watching someone off in the distance flailing and drowning. You'd like to help, but by the time you could get to them they'd already be done for...

Madness

I thought you quit HaloGAF

I felt insulted, I logged off a for a bit, browsed the the off topic section for a while, saw my cousins text and came back. I'm love Halo too much to not want to discuss it at all. But I've found out about the nature of a lot of posters today.

Top Bottom