• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

u4iX

3E3JIxC.png

Well at least there's a literal excuse instead of fluff.

That's not even an excuse either, it's a literal technical limitation.

343 not having enough "bandwidth" tends to transfer to them either not having the time, interest, or ability to implement certain features.

Treyarch COULD HAVE added in 720p streaming if the technology was there and the bandwidth requirement wasn't as high. 343 TRIED TO add a spectator mode, but couldn't due to time constraints or an actual limitation of their ability to implement one properly.

Shadders

I was waiting for somebody to try and make a smartass comment. I'd gladly post her dad's linkedin for you, show you their home address since she lives close to my cousin were it not for the fact Frankie and David and who knows who else from MS searches this forum.

I have friends who work on both hardware and system software of the new PlayStation, I would never publish their details or LinkedIn profile on here because that would be a really horrible thing to do.

The Master Chief Mojito might be good, everything else looks horrible. Also what's up with all the damn drinks calling for mio, I'd love to see somebody fired over that fresh idea.

My own creation! The photo on the article was taken in my kitchen. :D

That's not even an excuse either, it's a literal technical limitation.

343 not having enough "bandwidth" tends to transfer to them either not having the time, interest, or ability to implement certain features.

Treyarch COULD HAVE added in 720p streaming if the technology was there and the bandwidth requirement wasn't as high. 343 TRIED TO add a spectator mode, but couldn't due to time constraints or an actual limitation of their ability to implement one properly.

Well they do a better job of saying "We cant do it"

Us: "343 Why no 60 fps?"
343: "Well, we were looking into that, and speaking of looking, look at this Ford Truck!"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The issue is that it seems bsangel never has any information at hand, the information will always come "next week." If she's trusted for the updates why does so much of the information seem to be on a need to know basis?

The UNSC Infinity should have been named the UNSC Insanity. Insanity Slayer is a more appropriate name for the gametype, plus you could do promotional stuff with the workout, like having Kinect scan you before and after while you play Spartan Ops to win a custom Halo Elliptical Trainer.

Shogun, that beard is nice and full. Time to work on length!
Length isn't as important as what he does with it.

IHaveIce

Banned
I REALLY want to see John, Fred, Kelly and Linda kick some ass at some point in the new trilogy.

Yep, I think I said it already but for me the perfect ending would have been if the Masterchief walks along to the station where they remove his armor and instead of Palmer ( jhcsnaLFJOJ HATE HER) there are the Spartan 2s and they make the "spartan style move" ... END

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shogun, that beard is nice and full. Time to work on length!

Actually trimming it back until I start on the 11th. After that, and I get a feel for the place it's on.

For some reason I thought you were married.

edit: and if you know three thrash metal riffs, you could pass for Kerry King.

I am married and I have a 4 year old.

shogun alt confirmed

I cannot confirm or deny. We're both pretty awesome though.

Went to their site and there is a twitter feed at the bottom, here's someone streaming right now using the feature - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5SEgggPMg not sure if the twitchtv version they just added is any better.

My mistake it's 10fps, not 15 lol

Yea I wonder if it has to do with the players upload being shit...

Still I give them points for at least trying something. Halo 4 tried nothing at all, every feature or game mode is a copy of something from another game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
wild beard > stubble > shaved > sculpted beard

halo 2 > halo 3 > halo reach > halo 1 > halo 4

I dare you to say I'm wrong.

Halo 3>2>CE>Reach>>>>>>>>>>4

Agreed on the beard style. If you don't look somewhat homeless, you're doing it wrong.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Agreed on the beard style. If you don't look somewhat homeless, you're doing it wrong.
Yeah, if I had played more CE back in the day, I'd probably place it above Reach. And if Halo 3 had the maps of Halo 2, it'd get my top vote.

And I like pretty much all facial hair, lol. I had a housemate once who had one of those weird, wispy, babby's first puberty beards, but somehow it worked on him.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I look like a dad if I shave. Like Danny Tanner or something.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I shaved my entire beard before I went home last semester. All I had was cheap disposable razors and shaving cream. Took me an hour. I could hear my beard as it died.

Thankfully it's back now.
I look like a dad if I shave. Like Danny Tanner or something.
haha

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shave yourself you mongrols. Jesus Christ this isnt 1963.

Shaved > trimmed

Halo 2 > Halo 4

That's what I would expect man babies who don't have the required T levels to grow a real beard to say.

Don't fool yourself gents, there's not much better on a man than a good pelt and a beard of Zeus.

Good to know I didn't just make that up. I've only taken my wedding ring off once in nearly 8 years; I was forced to remove it before some fairly major surgery and nearly burst into tears when they told me to take it off.

I'm a sap.

I take mine off because I'm really into lifting (obvious). I don't wear it on my hand at all anymore. It's hanging on my dog tags which I also rarely wear anymore.

I wouldn't recommend trying to pull 500+ lbs off the ground with a wedding ring on.

wild beard > stubble > shaved > sculpted beard

halo 2 > halo 3 > halo reach > halo 1 > halo 4

I dare you to say I'm wrong.

I don't want to feel like my dick's caught in steel wool, thanks.

I hit puberty when I was 9 and I've had to shave every day for nearly two years now. Testosterone sucks. Hairy dudes are nasty.

Multiplayer: Halo 2 = Halo PC > Halo 3 = Halo 4 Salvaged > Reach > ODST Firefight > Halo 4 Now > Halo CE > Anniversary Multiplayer > Wars

Everything Else: ODST > Halo 2's Exploration = Halo 3 > Anniversary > Halo 3's Exploration = Halo 2 > Halo CE > Reach > Halo 4 > Wars

Shave yourself you mongrels. Jesus Christ this isnt 1963.

You must hate Reagan's BR. Dude's all about bush.

There's something about the voice actor for Miller that makes him seem very un-Spartan. Not even gonna touch on the dialog, because, bleh.

Agreed. His line delivery sounds like something out of a Sonic game or something. He isn't a bad Voice Actor, but rather his direction is awful and cringeworthy.. It just doesn't belong in a Halo game, especially from a "Spartan".

Glassman is another over the top, cringeworthy voice acting direction.

beard > no beard

halo 2 > halo 3

Hell yes.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
That's what I would expect man babies who don't have the required T levels to grow a real beard to say.

Don't fool yourself gents, there's not much better on a man than a good pelt and a beard of Zeus.

I take mine off because I'm really into lifting (obvious). I don't wear it on my hand at all anymore. It's hanging on my dog tags which I also rarely wear anymore.

I wouldn't recommend trying to pull 500+ lbs off the ground with a wedding ring on.

Facial hair makes you 46.98% more manly, it is known.

Bet Chief has a beard.

Agreed. His line delivery sounds like something out of a Sonic game or something. He isn't a bad Voice Actor, but rather his direction is awful and cringeworthy.. It just doesn't belong in a Halo game, especially from a "Spartan".

Glassman is another over the top, cringeworthy voice acting direction.

Hell yes.

Miller sounds campy as all hell is the problem. You know what that dude's doing in the showers after battle.

"GOD I KNOW THAT ROLAND, QUIT FUSSING, CRIMTHON'TH GONNA BE JUTHT PEACHY"

Top Bottom