• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Ghazi

People will still be pissed if Halo 2: Anniversary comes out because they'll most likely fix all the button glitches and etc.

Edit: I decide to try BTB today, join match, it's on EXile and enemy team is just driving around in Gauss Hogs with a 700 point lead, fuckthisI'mout.jpg

willow ve

All of these neXt box rumours are getting out of hand. Have they even teased a possible announce date for the Xbox? I assume they're waiting until the 20th to see the backlash or praise heaped upon the PS4 announcement...

Darksiders II is $15 at Best Buy. Should I bite? I thought the first one was average.

Second one is good. At $15 id bite. Combat is improved and character customization is pretty cool. I stopped playing at the section everyone does (deadlands) but only because I was busy.

I enjoyed everything till that point.

m23

All of these neXt box rumours are getting out of hand. Have they even teased a possible announce date for the Xbox? I assume they're waiting until the 20th to see the backlash or praise heaped upon the PS4 announcement...

Xbox reveal is rumored for March or April.

Could someone explain me why halo4 lags so often ... is it only because of my Internet or a mystic power that want to annoy me.. ?!?! -.-
In the other Halo´s I never had these problems so often :(

IHaveIce

Banned
Second one is good. At $15 id bite. Combat is improved and character customization is pretty cool. I stopped playing at the section everyone does (deadlands) but only because I was busy.

I enjoyed everything till that point.
Deadlands is still good, the next one is crap. But it is still a good game
Could someone explain me why halo4 lags so often ... is it only because of my Internet or a mystic power that want to annoy me.. ?!?! -.-
In the other Halo´s I never had these problems so often :(
Nope also lagging for me like you know.

IHaveIce

Banned
Looks like it'd be good for 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. The layout is kinda bland and the sight lines are ridiculously long.

I'd tone down on the power weapons too.

Yeah it is pretty good for 1vs1 because of its simple layout, for 2vs2s you have to look at the weapons and most of all at the AAs.

I think the sticky det and the pulse grenades are random spawns if I remember correctly, the launcher/sniper and shotgun are set spawns.

The spawn timers are still a little bit off and you can't play infinity slayer, there would be too much hassle going around.

And no problem Semmy, this goes for everyone, if somebody wants something to be captured I will try to do it.

gAg CruSh3r

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPv2OFWSzOc&feature=youtu.be

hey guys
This is my map, and I need some guys for a MP test :p
If u are interessted add me : Semmy W
and i am currently online.
THX :)

And special thanks to IHaveIce.

From a big forger prospective.. It's very simple but simple can be good. Maybe add a few more objects for close combat battle?

Tone down the power weapons. You only need a few for such a small map ;)...

PS: I really need something (capture card) so I can show off my maps :(... I have some awesome maps.

Overdoziz

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPv2OFWSzOc&feature=youtu.be

hey guys
This is my map, and I need some guys for a MP test :p
If u are interessted add me : Semmy W
and i am currently online.
THX :)

And special thanks to IHaveIce.
-There are way too many power weapons for a map that size.
-The line of sight down the middle with the hologram in the middle is way too long and open.
-Because you made the entire map out of long hallways it's really hard to flank, let alone flank quickly. It also makes for a very linear, uninteresting map.

Try building a map without using the tunnel and walkway pieces for 90% of the geometry. It's harder to create a neat looking map that way, but you're much more free in how you design the layout of your map.
I know I'm just a junior, but can anyone take this image and get rid of the white and make it avatar sized for me? Someone said the one I have now is not detailed and a bit choppy.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081018163307/zelda/images/8/8e/Link_Wind_Waker_7.png

w6PwnMF.png

IHaveIce

Banned
That being said I still can't forge for shit. Even with magnets, I miss finetuning.

I had and have some good map ides but I'm not able to realize them. I tried it and made one map.. yeah let's say it isn't really good :lol

Rev3rb

PS: I really need something (capture card) so I can show off my maps :(... I have some awesome maps.

I've been wanting to pick one up for years now...

Can anyone around here lead me to a viable capture card for recording/streaming 360 gameplay?
Any programs I need/should have?

The Sniper, RL and the shotgun have Halo 3 MLG spawn time and there are more normal weapons that spawn after few minutes and the lightriffle spawn is now a pure lightriffle spwan there also spawn weapons like the BR or DMR.

-The line of sight down the middle with the hologram in the middle is way too long and open.
-Because you made the entire map out of long hallways it's really hard to flank, let alone flank quickly. It also makes for a very linear, uninteresting map.

Try building a map without using the tunnel and walkway pieces for 90% of the geometry. It's harder to create a neat looking map that way, but you're much more free in how you design the layout of your map.

I´ve put he Hologram in the middle and the two gates there exactly for this problem.

It´s my firt map and not tested yet.
so c'mon and lets play it first. :D

IHaveIce

Banned
I've been wanting to pick one up for years now...

Can anyone around here lead me to a viable capture card for recording/streaming 360 gameplay?
Any programs I need/should have?

How much do yu want to spend? Bear in mind for streaming you need a decent upload rate.

I think Fracas and Franklinator suggested the Roxio Gaming PRO for a cheaper solution.

I use for capturing clips a hauppauge HD PVR 2 gaming edition.

Other solution would be a Elgato or Blackmagich Insanity

for streaming you can do also many different thing, some will stream directly I think other you need something like the flash media encoder or xsplit

The Sniper, RL and the shotgun have Halo 3 MLG spawn time and there are more normal weapons that spawn after few minutes and the lightriffle spawn is now a pure lightriffle spwan there also spawn weapons like the BR or DMR.
Ah yes I forgot we looked up the timers and set them right.

But Overdoziz is correct a DMR with stability shits on the hologram. With just BR spawns it wouldn't be a problem

J10

Banned
They definitely care. This affects their DLC sales, which are always huge for Halo games.

But they already sold a ton of DLC for Halo 4. Unless those 500 players in the Crimson playlist account for everyone who bought the LE, which I doubt. If they didn't sell a bunch, that just means they might not invest in it too heavily or at all next time around. Sure, there are some players who will want more (good) maps, just like there are players who want an improved theater mode and firefight and a decent map editor and consistent fiction and a multiplayer mode that isn't a total clusterfuck. But those players seem negligible.

Rev3rb

How much do yu want to spend? Bear in mind for streaming you need a decent upload rate.

I think Fracas and Franklinator suggested the Roxio Gaming PRO for a cheaper solution.

I use for capturing clips a hauppauge HD PVR 2 gaming edition.

Other solution would be a Elgato or Blackmagich Insanity

for streaming you can do also many different thing, some will stream directly I think other you need something like the flash media encoder or xsplit

150 - 200

What would you say is a decent upload rate?

IHaveIce

Banned
150 - 200

What would you say is a decent upload rate?

I don't know the numbers for HD streaming (maybe another one can help, Tashi should know this as he is streaming a lot) but I think at least above 2MB upload should be enough for simple streaming.

I think with the money you are willing to spend you can choose whichever you want.

I think the Blackmagic Intensity is the best one.

I echo pretty much everything here. To add my two cents:

Having lights as the only way to communicate which side of the map you're on is the first sign that the map needs a lot more work to make it playable and more importantly, fun to play on. You need to work on making the specific areas of your map unique and easy to navigate. Don't rely on weapon spawns for the sole basis of callouts; create areas beyond a generic mid section that can be easily communicated by teammates.

Ditch the teleporters, they're a creative dead zone.

ZeNy

Neo Member
Earlier today Bungie's David Candland linked to an old article he wrote for Adobe regarding Macromedia Director and his experience working with it. Really interesting read. I enjoyed this tidbit:

Article link: http://web.archive.org/web/20100604020121/http://www.adobe.com/devnet/director/articles/halo_ui.html

I'd like to think that in Halo 4's case sticking to the convention would have been smarter. Regardless, maybe the Halo 4 UI designers should read it. ;)

Another reason why Halo 4 UI is not as fluent as the UI for the previous titles is, maybe, because Bungie used a personnal tool to create this same UI. David Candland told us that other softwares are good, but for what Halo needs, they have to create their own tool:

@JuanGGZ yes. While XUI, Scaleform, and Flash are all great 3rd party UI solutions, each had issues doing exactly what we needed for Halo.

https://twitter.com/drcandland/status/301833737795153920

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think 343 Industries did not get this tool, so they had to use something else. Of course, their UI designers can be involved, but the tool can make a huge difference.

Woorloog

Banned
Anyone (preferably in superior Europe) up for some co-op later today? I want to do that weekly challenge.

Would if i had Live Gold still.
Still haven't properly played Halo 4 co-op. Hell, i need a bunch of (solo) achivements still. EDIT actually not sure about the last...

Tawpgun

I´ve put he Hologram in the middle and the two gates there exactly for this problem.

It´s my firt map and not tested yet.
so c'mon and lets play it first. :D
Not gonna test a map with obvious issues.

A hologram as a sight blocker is dumb. Look at the lift on solace. People shoot right through it with ease.

Have a maximum of two power weapons on map. Remove any random drops.

Madness

Thank you over, for the avatar. I'm on my phone but does it look better and more crisp than the one I had if anyone can notice a difference?

Top Bottom