• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

sorry for the Otness did want to make a new thread...... worst week of my life... ;_____;
my dad had a bad blood pressure episode and passed out now my mom had a mini stoke and probably has brain damage.. ;______; my parents are my life....
dun know what to do... in the hosptial now.

;______;
Jesus. I'm sorry. Stay strong and just love.

Sarah and I go back to work today. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts and prayers, everyone. It's not over yet, and it won't be for a long time yet, but it was a comfort to read them, for both of us.

Omni

Remember though that was delayed to June while they investigate ways to keep it up. Just fix the game up by adding custom resolution, fix KB+M controls, add in some extra graphical options (if possible) and then get rid of GFWL and add in Steam Works support and Steam Workshop for maps.

(its nice to dream)

Also it was all 3 Halo games listed on Steam, just not Halo 3.
Mmm. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Silentium dispatched!
Niiiice!

Anyone know when the iTunes store usually updates? It's the 19th here in Australia and the book isn't available yet.

gAg CruSh3r

It's been a sad week here on HaloGAF. :( I hope everyone takes the time to say I love you to your family. You just never know what will happen :(... My prayers goes out to everyone that is going through some struggles in their life.

Ellis, neo, so sorry to hear about the pain you're both going through. Not much scarier than losing a parent, even the threat of losing one is pretty freaking heartbreaking and stressful. Best wishes to you all. :)

Sarah and I go back to work today. Thank you for the kind words and thoughts and prayers, everyone. It's not over yet, and it won't be for a long time yet, but it was a comfort to read them, for both of us.
Hope you guys can pull something positive from that and bond even more as a couple. Good luck.

ElRenoRaven

Silentium isn't out until the 28th in the UK. Does anyone have any experience with buying from the US Kindle store in the UK?

I've heard that anyone from other countries can buy anything from the US that is digital if they put in a fake US address. Don't know how that works but I've read that. A quick google search could probably tell you.

Also since it's been awhile and it's a new day and a new page in the superior 100 PPP I'll post this again.

So I've decided that I'm going to give back to Halogaf since in the past people were good to me and hooked me up with stuff. There is one small limitation though. It's limited to US Halogaf sadly. The cost to ship this overseas would cost me more then the item.

Now all that said here is what is up for grabs. I am giving away 1 Hardback copy of Halo Silentium. Mike DongBlain autograph optional. I've ordered this from Amazon and it's shipped so I will have it in a few days here. Now here is all you have to do to be entered is PM me. Everyone has until March 19th at 11:59PM PST. That's Tuesday. Any PM's sent after that time will not be eligible.

On Wednesday the 20th I'll announce the winner as soon as I can. I do work so it will probably be sometime in the evening after I've had a chance to get home and pick the winner. So there you go. Again sorry for those not in the US but I'm sure you can understand.

Also as a note to foreign HaloGaffers. Later probably this next weekend I'll be running one for something I can hook you guys up with so don't feel left out on this one. You'll have your own.

Reposting

Now what matters. Because I already have an ONI patch and don't really want the Avatar Shirt or the bracelet, I am giving the 3 away.

IT IS A CONTEST! WINNER GETS ALL 3! WOW YOU SO LUCKY!!!!

Contest ends on Friday, March 22nd at 10PM PST.
To Enter
Draw a funny Halo image about anything. I don't care if it is crude, cute or whatever.
It can be a comic, an animated GIF, or just a plain compressed JPEG.
You can post the picture here, and also PM me the link to the image.
Make PM header, "Contest Giveaway Drawing"

That's it. May the best nerd win.. this (look below).

8563897756_528cab2013_z.jpg

Rev3rb

Reposting

Now what matters. Because I already have an ONI patch and don't really want the Avatar Shirt or the bracelet, I am giving the 3 away.

IT IS A CONTEST! WINNER GETS ALL 3! WOW YOU SO LUCKY!!!!

Contest ends on Friday, March 22nd at 10PM PST.
Draw a funny Halo image about anything. I don't care if it is crude, cute or whatever.
It can be a comic, an animated GIF, or just a plain compressed JPEG.
You can post the picture here, and also PM me the link to the image.
Make PM header, "Contest Giveaway Drawing"

That's it. May the best nerd win.. this (look below).

welp...

Might as well just give it to Wahrer

GhaleonEB

From the gaming side, on Gears of War Judgement - in-game double XP packs purchased for real money.

Epic Games had confirmed microtransactions to be included in Gears of War: Judgment but so far it was unknown as to what players could actually buy.
VideoGamer has now confirmed that one of the items in the in-game store is a ‘double XP’ boost. The temporary boost in XP gain comes in variant packs ranging between 80 Microsoft Points and 800 Microsoft Points.

The 80 Microsoft Points pack will net you a 10 Match double XP boost, for 320 MSP you will get a 50 Match Pack, 560 MSP will get you a 100 Match Pack and finally a 200 Match Pack will be for 800 MSP.

XP is used to unlock character and weapon skins in the game. Many who perhaps have lesser time to give to the game, can make use of a XP boost kit.
Microtransactions is the future and the future begins now. Earlier this year EA confirmed their plans to include microtransactions in every upcoming game, starting with Dead Space 3. Activision included the micro-model to their Black Ops 2 title just last week.
It's like the F2P model, only it's not F2P. This is getting out of hand. Kinda worried about what things will look like by the time the next Halo game rolls around.

kylej

Banned
Worried about the next Halo? Be worried about the next Xbox in general. I'm not convinced it'll be marketed as a game machine.

IHaveIce

Banned
Worried about the next Halo? Be worried about the next Xbox in general. I'm not convinced it'll be marketed as a game machine.
It won't be. It will be marketed as the entertainment center for your livingroom.
Probably working as a TV box also.

Also my thoughts are with you Neoism, really sad news the last days here, hope you all pull through and be with your families.

Madness

Hmmm, Gears: Judgment is already down to 79 at metacritic. IGN gave them the second highest review after "Cheat Code Central" lol.

I know metacritic shouldn't be a good gauge for reviews since everyone rates differently, but Polygon, OXM, Eurogamer, EGM have rated this game at 80 or below.

Don't know whether to pick it up now or wait for the inevitable price drop. The first Gears was almost as fun and addictive as Halo 2 was for me, and I played it for hours every day from emergence day to halo 3 launch.

GhaleonEB

I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the PS4 right now, but of course MS hasn't had their turn at the mic yet. But the way things are wrapping up this gen, and from the rumors about the next Xbox, I'm probably not going to like much of what the have to say. Hoping to be surprised, though.

The social media sharing (always on recording, streaming, etc.) on the PS4 is shit hot.

From the gaming side, on Gears of War Judgement - in-game double XP packs purchased for real money.

It's like the F2P model, only it's not F2P. This is getting out of hand. Kinda worried about what things will look like by the time the next Halo game rolls around.
I said it before, but I'm half-expecting the retailer exclusive armor/emblems in Halo 4 to be on sale in the marketplace eventually. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I bet it will sold as a social/streaming media device that also happens to play video games (as long as you have Gold, that is). They'll take the ridiculous "I'm not a gamer, but..." marketing approach that Nintendo assaulted us with recently.

Can't wait.

F2P Halo model.

For MP
First big things, this is classic Halo. No perks, sprint, armor abilities etc. it's barebones simple fun.

1 set of armor to start.
All guns available.
All maps available, (collection of the best from Halo 1-4)
Very basic colors for armor, no custom pieces.
1-50 ranking system.
SP for more armor colors, weapon skins, armor pieces etc. it is a slow unlock system to promote real money purchases.
2xp will only apply to SP, purchased or available on specific 2xp weekends.

Forge is Available to everyone, but item packs for purchases would included more pieces, colors etc. All the forge palettes would be available to help promote and sell the upgraded packs you'd buy. Users could see how badass maps would become if they shelled out extra cash.

kylej

Banned
Yeah the PS4 presentation blew me away. If the next Xbox doesn't impress at E3 I will very likely switch my primary gaming time over to Sony's machine.

Wow at Gears. Not really a fan of the game but things aren't looking very good atm.

Kyle has a good point on destiny. If microtransactions exist (which they probably will) I hope they have no effect on anything but aesthetics. We'll have to wait and see I suppose

neoism

Damn, this whole week has been shitty for HaloGAF folk.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Neo.
Hang in there Neo!

Stay strong Neo.

If you have other family nearby, lean on them to help get you through this. And tell your parents that you love them every chance you get. That's good advice for everyone.

Damn, so sorry to hear this. Stay strong, my friend.
Sorry to hear that neo. Best of luck with the situation. We're here for ya.

Shit - sorry Neoism. Hope everything finds a way to work out.

Jesus. I'm sorry. Stay strong and just love.

thanks you guys...<3<3

ElRenoRaven

I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the PS4 right now, but of course MS hasn't had their turn at the mic yet. But the way things are wrapping up this gen, and from the rumors about the next Xbox, I'm probably not going to like much of what the have to say. Hoping to be surprised, though.

The social media sharing (always on recording, streaming, etc.) on the PS4 is shit hot.

I'm with you. Unless hell freezes over I won't be buying Microsoft's next console.

Halo, Mass Effect and Alan Wake were my driving motivators to get a 360, but with how things have panned out this gen I don't see myself getting whatever's next for them -- at least if they keep up the whole Xbox Live Gold scam. Never liked feeling like I'm locked out of half a game because of a subscription.

Guys.

Halo 3 PC = Dedis.

imagine if Halo 3 could permanently remove the lag complaints, run at god-tier Crysis level graphics with texture packs and allow for completely new maps and forge options through modding.

allovermyface.gif

Do people here really not have gold subscriptions? Has microsoft confirmed that there will be a cost of subscription still or will they try and compete with sony's free psn?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Do people here really not have gold subscriptions? Has microsoft confirmed that there will be a cost of subscription still or will they try and compete with sony's free psn?

I think MS at the very least has to offer free online gaming. Not only to compete with Sony but PC.

Madness

Ah oops. Damn.

Yup, microsoft published the first game, don't remember if they did the rest though, and they've been paying Epic for exclusivity ever since.

But unless you're a first party or second party studio, it makes no sense to limit your biggest IP to one console, especially since next gen, Gears will be competing with CoD, Destiny and Battlefield for the multiplayer crowd.

I think MS at the very least has to offer free online gaming. Not only to compete with Sony but PC.

Yup, but it'll never happen. When you're used to a decade of gamers paying to play, you won't make it free anytime soon. For me, if my XBLA purchases don't transfer over, I'm done with Microsoft.

I just wish Sony had made their Dual Shock 4 a bigger departure from their Dual Shock 3 controller. If it was similar to the xbox 360, ps4 would be a day one purchase for me. I've always hated the playstation controller. Don't know why.

Sony and PC have been around for a while, and they never did it before. I dont see why theyd do it now. Unless sonys online on ps4 has improved immensely from ps3.

Yeah microsoft's traditional grab was the casual player just dicking around in their house either with kinect or good multiplayer games. I don't get why you would risk losing them for some more money. Probably would become a net loss at some point.

Tashi

Sony and PC have been around for a while, and they never did it before. I dont see why theyd do it now. Unless sonys online on ps4 has improved immensely from ps3.

Well there's more pressure on MS now for next gen than for current gen. It would also be a huge selling point for their next console.

Make no mistake that the next Xbox will be marketed as your one-stop shop for all things entertainment, but that doesn't mean that it won't do what we want for gaming.

Overdoziz

Banned
Microsoft has to really blow me away to convince me to buy the next Xbox instead of the PS4. I have very little interest in new Halo games, DRM or Kinect.

Microsoft has to really blow me away to convince me to buy the next Xbox instead of the PS4. I have very little interest in new Halo games, DRM or Kinect.

I have interest in Halo games and even im thinking of going ps4 as my main. The specs are whats going to make it or break it for me.

Well there's more pressure on MS now for next gen than for current gen. It would also be a huge selling point for their next console.

Ya but i dont think they care. They already see Live (as is) a selling point now.

Tashi

I have interest in Halo games and even im thinking of going ps4 as my main. The specs are whats going to make it or break it for me.

Ya but i dont think they care. They already see Live (as is) a selling point now.

Well we'll see. They might do what PS Plus does and give free games away each month. PS Plus actually shaped up into something really worth it. I'm sure MS will have some awesome console level features.

To be fair to microsoft, the xbox 360 has come a very long way since being released. It has apps, a totally different and constantly updating UI, music, movies, the whole nine yards. It seems they have been paying attention to what people want while still making money. I don't think it's going to be very hard for microsoft to make a competing console that is nearly as good as whatever Sony finally releases.

I'll likely end up going with which ever system more of OG HaloGaf ends up on. Like Kyle said it will be weird switching my primary console over to Sony but I have no problem doing so.

Top Bottom