• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Striker

Huh? You mean Infinity Slayer?

The only dedicated "Pro" Slayer playlist is Doubles.

The same argument could be made for CTF, Extraction and KOTH. There are 2 other playlists for those gametypes. I want a 4v4 dedicated pro playlist. Isn't that what we all wanted?

Just take CTF v2 and put it in the CTF playlist and let people pick it if they want. Thats why you have so many quitter, you guys are saying every match starts 3v4. Thats because people don't want to play a gamstype they don't want.
There is a CTF playlist, but it's filled with loadouts including the Boltshot and Plasma Pistol. It has Camo/Jetpack/PV. And now Kevin Franklin thought it would be hilarious to add Infinity to it. That CTF playlist?

They aren't removing those things and putting in those same settings from Throwdown into it. I don't think anybody truly asked for Infinity CTF but they did it anyways.

willow ve

Yep, they quit so much when they don't get the gametype they want. idk why they don't get objectives out of there. Extraction sucks and CTF has its own playlist already. KOTH belongs in team objective. Even the playlist description is strange.

Team Throwdown
Team Objective
Team Doubles

Its getting confusing for people I think. Get that Deluxe bullshit out of there too, we get it you like Infinity. No remnants should be in throwdown.

Disagree. Throwdown is almost there.

Remove "deluxe"
Change extraction to three points
Change flag to three caps
Add maps

Soooooo annoying accidentally picking up the flag in team throwdown. What an interesting decision it was to take the choice away from the player on whether they wanted to pick up the objective or not.

343 needs to ditch the Prom Grenades and add a banana peel as a replacement. Toss in front of sword sprinters, enjoy the rest of the match.

Add the ability to stick your finger in the barrel of the Boltshot and make it assplode in shooters face.

I have all the answers, hire squidhands.

Mindwipe

Honestly it blows my mind that what few people actually run Carbine and Lightrifle in BTB matchmaking actually do so. I mean BR nostalgia I understand, and it has its uses at close range, etc. But DMR is mathematically better in every situation unless I'm missing something.

I have the Carbine in one loadout, I'm trying to figure out if it sometimes freaks people out just because they're not used to facing it. Can't say it's really working so far.

Duji

Soooooo annoying accidentally picking up the flag in team throwdown. What an interesting decision it was to take the choice away from the player on whether they wanted to pick up the objective or not.

Behold....

the Committed Flag Carrier Experience™.

Woorloog

Banned
I have the Carbine in one loadout, I'm trying to figure out if it sometimes freaks people out just because they're not used to facing it. Can't say it's really working so far.

The Carbine is good vs low/no shields due to its very rapid fire. Pair it with 'nades or Plasma Pistol overcharge and it is good but... well, in general, you're better off using something else.

Computer

Getting shot my the Carbine is weird. Lots of green blue bubbly shit idk.

Xbox Live "Ultimate Games Sale" starts on Feb 26

4, Reach, Wars, and 3 are part of it, although they don't say how much discount they'll have yet. If Wars is one of them, I guess it's time for me to get a digital version.

I may spring on Halo 3 if the price is right, I was just complaining about my disc not working earlier. Still dislike double dipping on the same console though, here's hoping backing up my games is a feature on the next box.

orznge

Banned
Perhaps it would be more interesting if, instead of being able to pass the flag between players, players could not perform any action with the flag other than having it.

Caja 117

Remove "deluxe"
Add maps

That sounds good.

Also switch the objective games to the number 2 slot this way slayer will have a higher chance and all of those crybabies that quit because they have to play a game that needs teamwork, can stay in the game until their team is loosing by more than 10 kills.

Anyway, This is supposed to be a competitive playlist, and the Objective gametype is where the real competition start.

I also think that a lot of people Quit to preserve their KD ratio.

I really wish the new maps, mainly Skyline, didn't use the stock Halo 4 UNSC white for the majority of the playspace. I really wish they integrated the theme of the skybox to the playspace, that would have been fantastic.

l99X6Wj.jpg

This is amazing.

I really wish the new maps, mainly Skyline, didn't use the stock Halo 4 UNSC white for the majority of the playspace. I really wish they integrated the theme of the skybox to the playspace, that would have been fantastic.

Why did the human architecture color move from brown and other dirty colors to blinding white anyway?

Ghazi

This is someone's take on the Boltshot nerf from reddit. lol

I'm ok with the nerf, I'm a huge Boltshot fan and this makes it a weapon that requires more skill for me to use it effectively. Before the nerf I would be able to see an any enemy a fair distance away and could one shot him, now I can probably just about take his shield off or maybe even a quarter of his shield depending on distance, I now have to pick my moments right for to use and when not to use the boltshot

While this is a little true (skill? lol), I find it funny that someone is being optimistic about a nerf to their favorite weapon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol yeah. What a skillfull weapon the Boltshot is.

The fact that you still can camp in a corner and one shot people with a loadout weapon is the problem.
Make it a weapon pick up and I'm ok with it.
It's not any different from camping and getting a double melee, outside of a hail-mary sticky; which you can also spawn with and theoretically camp with. Either way, your pretty much dead.

That sounds good.

Also switch the objective games to the number 2 slot this way slayer will have a higher chance and all of those crybabies that quit because they have to play a game that needs teamwork, can stay in the game until their team is loosing by more than 10 kills.

Anyway, This is supposed to be a competitive playlist, and the Objective gametype is where the real competition start.

I also think that a lot of people Quit to preserve their KD ratio.

They really should only display a stat for Slayer KD. Maybe have a separate stat for Objective KD, but probably not.

Objective could have a stat such as average points per game or something.

Madness

Why did the human architecture color move from brown and other dirty colors to blinding white anyway?

I guess they wanted to show humanity was 'reclaiming' the mantle etc. So they've started to develop better or more futuristic stuff.

I think that was the best part of Halo though. Everyone always makes this futuristic shit where humans have phaser beams, pulse cannons etc. It was refreshing to see frag grenades, a chain gun vehicle, a tank, a shotgun and a magnum were still beastly. Going up against the covenant who were the definition of futuristic, with their plasma grenades, energy swords, shields, plasma rifles etc.

Though I don't mind the look on Complex, it's very Mass Effect 2, the colony where the collectors attack and you meet Ashley.

I would prefer more military installations have that trademark green and grimy look. Though I will say, the one thing 343 did right with this game is the graphics and look. Sure the skyboxes can be better, but with majestic, it seems like they've listened.

That aside, as a former lurker, I'll say the biggest problem with HaloGAF radio was the fact you never knew when it was out or when there was a new one. I think the last one had Heckfu and that awful starting music? Though I enjoy them, the problem is, frustrations with Halo 4, don't really want me to listen much. I will listen to the Kevin franklin interview, I'd be down to listen to more 'historical' based podcasts about HaloGAF history, or about past games/matches.

It's not any different from camping and getting a double melee, outside of a hail-mary sticky; which you can also spawn with and theoretically camp with. Either way, your pretty much dead.

You can back away from a melee. You have time to react. As for a plasma, yeah, it shouldn't be in loadouts.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm also in the camp for removing plasmas from loadouts and I also wouldn't complain about less melee damage especially after they added sprint as a base move.

So I agree, but I don't think the double nelee is comparable to the boltshot

Madness

Has Dax posted once in this new thread? I bet she's super pissed at Booties because she'd probably been working on hers for a while no? I figured she had this one, catman/war machine (lol) had the next one?

Remove "deluxe"
Add maps

I don't totally agree with this but it's a huge step in the right direction. The only thing is if the ranking system is global then you don't have a dedicated pro slayer list.

Well if there isn't a ranked playlist I guess its horse shit anyway if my rank and a guy who plays Grifball is the same. I guess I am dreaming of a 1-50 rank that is confined to a competitive playlist.

This is amazing.
Disagree. Skyline looks like a map which could be part of New Alexandria. Overall the new maps are more "colorful"(I am using the wrong term. Clearly I am). The aesthetic seems more from Halo 3 than Halo 4. I like the art style. Especially inn contrast to Halo 4's other maps.

Anybody else having problems getting into games in MM? Everytime the lobby is filled, the vote is cast then once the map is chosen it boots me back to the lobby.

Rebooted my router and everything else internet related is working so I don't think it's on my side.

Has Dax posted once in this new thread? I bet she's super pissed at Booties because she'd probably been working on hers for a while no? I figured she had this one, catman/war machine (lol) had the next one?
Dax is indisposed for a little while. If you're following on twitter you'll know what I mean.

much <3 @ Dax

I would totally be willing to guest star on a podcast about the history of HaloGAF.

Hell, OT17 is going to have a synopsis itself.

Dax should definitely get OT16 though.

Caja 117

Anybody else having problems getting into games in MM? Everytime the lobby is filled, the vote is cast then once the map is chosen it boots me back to the lobby.

Rebooted my router and everything else internet related is working so I don't think it's on my side.

Yes, it seems is a general problem, as a different person in the lobby was having the same problem.

Halo 4 has been the most Inconsistent game in matchmaking Connection out of any of the 360 Halo games.

I don't like all of these different gametypes across Doubles and Throwdown. This shit is getting more convoluted than Vanilla/TU/Anniversary.

I like the idea of putting all Infinity types in one list (or 2 including BTB), and just make the rest classic settings with fixed loadouts.

It's confusing to track which modes support ordnance and friendly fire, the former of which affects your loadout choices, and the latter of which affects play style. By grouping all Infinity gametypes you have a more solid expectation.

versa7il

Does any of you guys have a problem getting into games? I get matched, vote for the map then it kicks me out with the restarting search message.

EDIT: Ok, Im not the only one.

I kind of want to allow this just to see if we'd actually survive as a group for that long.
I'm sure that heckfu has enough enough beard hairs for each of us to hold on to. WE CAN DO IT!

No.

Question for those interested:

How long have you been repeating this cycle of chasing your ideal Halo experience? What Halo game was it that you decided to post on forums about the changes needed for the franchise in order to achieve FPS superiority?

Tawpgun

I don't like all of these different gametypes across Doubles and Throwdown. This shit is getting more convoluted than Vanilla/TU/Anniversary.

I like the idea of putting all Infinity types in one list (or 2 including BTB), and just make the rest classic settings with fixed loadouts.

It's confusing to track which modes support ordnance and friendly fire, the former of which affects your loadout choices, and the latter of which affects play style. By grouping all Infinity gametypes you have a more solid expectation.

All of this.

Top Bottom