• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

CyReN

Assassin Creed 1 was boring, I never liked it and got bland. but I LOVED 2 and Brotherhood. Revelations was ok, something about 3 was off but it wasn't bad.

Booties

Banned
What's up with the servers? Also, is that team slayer pro real?

Are we still talking about dax's parts and gender issues? Let's not, especially since he isn't here to say anything about it.

My best description of Monolith so far is it's a spirtual successor of Sandbox in layout. Imagine if they took Sandbox's default structures, compressed it down a bit to make it infantry only, then added side-structures, and you have Monolith.

First thing I though when I saw the gameplay vid too. That central structure looks exactly the same. Just needs an OS on top that you don't have to hold the button down to take.

I am looking forward to these maps. Less so than I was a day ago though; the achievements ensure that the first week or so will be PV/Camo camping bullshit, the two worst AA's in the game with GS attached to them. Hopefully they get on to forging throwdown variants sharpish, loving that playlist on the whole.

Booties

Banned
Ugh this fucking game. Abandon is a shit map. Fix the spawns before you put it in every fucking playlist. First game of TS Pro and 2 team mates quit, then we just spawn in the wide open area at the low end of the map. Great. And of course the kids were 100% garbage. They don't need to set up or try, they just get the spawn trap.

Wait servers being down mean I get to play Team Slayer Pro again?

Please 343 never fix the servers. Please for all that is good and holy in the Halo world. I don't even care if I'm an SR1 forever. Please don't fix this.

Booties

Banned
that seems like a really weird and dumb way to describe something instead of say, "playlist"

Hop on.

MEmp5ug.jpg

Ghazi

Maybe the servers are down while they move Halo 4 to dedicated servers because the population is so low that it's affordable?

One can dream

Ghazi

GUIZE I HAVE INSIDER INFORMATION SAYINGZ THAT THE SERVERS ARE DOWN WHILEZ THEY IMPLEMENT WAHRER'S SANDBOX, 'fo shizzle.

GhaleonEB

rip ghaleon
i'm not dead yet

True.

But I guess what I'm trying to say is that his sex is still that of a man. Gender, you are right, can be dependent on other factors.

This is a distinction worth noting. Biological sex vs. gender are different. Dax is biologically male, and her gender is feminine. I choose to respect however an individual identifies, so as far as I'm concerned, Dax may as well be female. Some people can't get over the biology, or don't respect the person enough to embrace their identity. Which is unfortunate, IMO. Dax knows better than I who she is.

Akai__

People still play Halo 4?

I'm on a GTA 4 trip right now. This game is pretty cool. No wonder, that it is so succesfull on Games for Windows LIVE and on Xbox 360.

Regarding the AC talk. The 1st AC, was the best, in my opinion. Loved to step into those oriental cities. It was such an awesome feeling, when I played the 1st AC. But I like all of the AC games, except Revelations. This game wasn't enjoyable at all and it was pretty boring. Also FULL of bugs. The only good thing about it, was the story of Altair.

If you haven't played AC 3 yet, you should. Lot's of improvements and quite enjoyable missions. And oh my gawd the naval battles!!!

---

Majestic in 3 more days. Can't wait to play them and then get dissapointed again. Please let them be good and please let Halo be good again. Why are you encouraging people to use Camo, Promethean Vision and all the other crap? Camo has to be a pick-up again, like in Halo 3...

#Save Halo. #Hire juices etc pp.

uh so I'm trying to run Halo 2 Vista right now. I'm using an HDMI cord so I can play on my TV, and the sound only works on the loading menus nothing else.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I've googled it and places say to update drivers, which I've already done.

Loading Menus? As in loading screen or the lobbies?

Loading Screen. Where it says Halo 2 and beams of light go from one side of the screen to the other

Ghazi

uh so I'm trying to run Halo 2 Vista right now. I'm using an HDMI cord so I can play on my TV, and the sound only works on the loading menus nothing else.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I've googled it and places say to update drivers, which I've already done.
Loading Menus? As in loading screen or the lobbies?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Fix this shit 343. It's friday night and I have like 30 more minutes of free time.

You type this as if we're somehow enjoying the server issue.

Can't go into specifics, but the issue isn't on our end. However, our team is working as hard as possible to mitigate the problem.

Woorloog

Banned
I feel the same... I don't know, maybe like you, Halo cannot offer me something new, even with a reboot like Halo 4 in term of design and universe.

I still read books from Bear and Traviss, but in term of game, I don't feel the love I used to have for past halo games. I need something new and fresh, even Destiny does not seem attracting for me, 'cause I feel like it's a reskin Halo game with an open world.

I'm sad to write something like that.

I'll read the last books in those authors' respective trilogies but i don't think i'll get any more Halo EU.

Destiny is very intriguing, it does look kinda like Halo but it also new.
I doubt a Halo-reboot would interest me. That said, i'd love to have Halo game set purely on a Halo again, though with different story this time, of course. Once more, with feeling. Maybe.

Booties

Banned
You type this as if we're somehow enjoying the server issue.

Can't go into specifics, but the issue isn't on our end. However, our team is working as hard as possible to mitigate the problem.

I know you guys are working on it. The silver lining here is that I'm frustrated about NOT being able to play. It's sorta working in a strange way. I can get on all the default hoppers for a few games before I need to dashboard and relaunch.

I just got 32 kills in team slayer pro. Bring this back with no global ordances please!

I know you guys are working on it. The silver lining here is that I'm frustrated about NOT being able to play. It's sorta working in a strange way. I can get on all the default hoppers for a few games before I need to dashboard and relaunch.

I just got 32 kills in team slayer pro. Bring this back with no global ordances please!

The problem with ordinances imo is that when you die, the meter doesn't start over. If they did that, there would be a lot less people getting them and thus, less of an issue. But then again, its Halo and this is neogaf soooo never mind.

Top Bottom