• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Ive had the game since launch played a good bit and am recently back into it, and im only about to rank up to Brigadier...

Assuming you guys are talking about the General achievement.

Last one i need. Fuck its gonna take forever.

Seriously, can anybody give me a definitive answer on whether team throwdown has party matching enabled or not? Quite a few games are a lopsided farce and the teamwork is suspiciously co-ordinated to a degree I don't think is possible with randoms.

Azure went down because Microsoft forgot to renew their SSL certificate

Not even making this up
That's fucking hilarious!
and HBO wonders why their shows are always pirated.
Im aware but they should at least make HBO Go more accessible or put it on Netflix overtime.

HBO is owned by Time Warner, which doesn't help their ties to cable situation.

That said, once their current (probably long term) cable and satellite contracts expire, I expect HBO GO to be available as a separate subscription not tied to cable. There shows will never be on Netflix though.

Team Throwdown is fantastic. Got absolutely rolled against a great team on Simplex CTF earlier. That wasn't too enjoyable but the rest of it was.

heckfu

Banned
Team Throwdown is fantastic. Got absolutely rolled against a great team on Simplex CTF earlier. That wasn't too enjoyable but the rest of it was.
I'd rather get the D 1000 times in throw down losing to good players and solid gunplay than to random ordnance. Not saying that you wouldn't either! Just echoing your point further.

I'd rather get the D 1000 times in throw down losing to good players and solid gunplay than to random ordnance. Not saying that you wouldn't either! Just echoing your point further.

Eh, it felt like railgun, sticky det and overshield were dropping far too quickly. But yeah, I'd agree besides that.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Eh, it felt like railgun, sticky det and overshield were dropping far too quickly. But yeah, I'd agree besides that.

When you're getting shit on and they're timing weapons, it feels like a lot of things are fucked up. "They still have rockets?!?!" Lol we've all been there.

When you're getting shit on and they're timing weapons, it feels like a lot of things are fucked up. "They still have rockets?!?!" Lol we've all been there.

Yeah, I guess so.

Seriously, set weapons are amazing. The UI popups are exactly what I expected when I initially heard about them. Playing Simplex for the first time, everyone can very easily see where each power weapon is and essentially what options they have. Perfect.

Some minor additions to the gif:
ultragif2.gif

You killed the quality

Yes, it's awesome.

Oooh, agreed but with some caveats. Constant garbage teammates if playing solo, kids being able to back out of the game at the voting screen, incineration cannon on solace, sword on shutout, power weapons on too quick resupply. Oh and until somebody denies it, party matching isn't enabled so teams of four are stomping on and laughing their heads off at haplessly random cobbled together players ala Reach all over again.

Other than that, yea it's awesome.

bigtroublelittledurango.gif

What would you guys like for Halo post-Castle? New game? More DLC? Season 2 SpOps? What about Durango? Halo 4: Durango edition?

Anyone have any serious predictions?

Personally I'd like to see another spinoff game. Not necessarily ODST 2, but something along those lines.

I want Halo 4 ODST featuring Buck's squad, but immediately after Chief jumps to the Ark using a similar opening cinematic, following the theme of the first game. The difference being that you're defending Earth from the Flood stragglers alongside Lord Hood.

I want Halo 4 ODST featuring Buck's squad, but immediately after Chief jumps to the Ark using a similar opening cinematic, following the theme of the first game. The difference being that you're defending Earth from the Flood stragglers alongside Lord Hood.

But the flood thing was resolved when the Elites glassed ''half a continent''.

Tashi

Oooh, agreed but with some caveats. Constant garbage teammates if playing solo, kids being able to back out of the game at the voting screen, incineration cannon on solace, sword on shutout, power weapons on too quick resupply. Oh and until somebody denies it, party matching isn't enabled so teams of four are stomping on and laughing their heads off at haplessly random cobbled together players ala Reach all over again.

Other than that, yea it's awesome.

Solace is just a shit show, sadly. I think weapons are fine.

As far as team matching, it's on. In a party of 4 I either match a 3 and 1 or another party of 4.

I'm surprised by it myself, but I don't mind getting donged on in Throwdown because I like playing people who are better than me (not that it's a high bar), as it helps me improve.

Also this. "That guy has overshield again? fuuuuu".

Fuchsdh

But the flood thing was resolved when the Elites glassed ''half a continent''.
If you were going to do an ODST side story I'd start it at the beginning of Tsavo Highway and end with barely escaping the glassing (maybe with civilians in tow, would be awesome to have them well-integrated into campaign.) Have them assault a Covenant installation, etc. Let us see another side to the invasion, while we're contributing same as the Chief. Don't tell me there was only one AA gun defending the Ark.

Nah Tashi, Excile is fucking littered with Rockets and Snipers. The drops are way too fast. Waaaay tooo fast. Instead of the buildup to those drops, it suffered from the fact that you could win the first BR battle and then secure the weapons until the next drop.

Tashi

Nah Tashi, Excile is fucking littered with Rockets and Snipers. The drops are way too fast. Waaaay tooo fast. Instead of the buildup to those drops, it suffered from the fact that you could win the first BR battle and then secure the weapons until the next drop.

Exile? Oh I thought we were still talking Throwdown. Or did you mean Adrift?

Madness

no no your supposed to blame the game

You're right, were team throwdown to be a ranked playlist with a possible loss of rank as a penalty, you wouldn't have so many quitters.

Without rules, consequences, you have chaos. It's quite simple really, the majority of people quit because they don't care, because it doesn't affect them, because they can easily join another match.

Toa TAK

Banned
bigtroublelittledurango.gif

What would you guys like for Halo post-Castle? New game? More DLC? Season 2 SpOps? What about Durango? Halo 4: Durango edition?

Anyone have any serious predictions?

Personally I'd like to see another spinoff game. Not necessarily ODST 2, but something along those lines.
I love that movie.

I would want new and improved SpOps Season 2. That goes beyond putting four people in a map with enemies and buttons. I'd rather it be a real experience.

m23

I would hope they skip a Halo game this year and next, although I wouldn't mind a Halo Wars 2 sometime soon.

Castle Map Pack secret ODST expansion campaign confirmed .

Nathan_Fillion%252C_Buck%2527s_voice_actor..jpg

I would love this.

But seriously, I want more story centric Spartan Ops campaign, and something closer to ODST broken up into chunks would be amazing. Also, I really would like to get the characters from ODST back into the universe.. Less Spartan IV's more II's, ODST's, and covenant allies please. I really want to see the Arbiter back in the spotlight also.

Here are the map overheads for the Majestic pack (Off Waypoint):

I can't wait to try these maps out, they look like a ton of fun.. The last map pack was not very good IMO, but these look awesome.. Well, I did like wreckage, but I would be fine never playing Shatter or Harvest again.

Fuchsdh

Absolute shame the framerate gets pretty shit on splitscreen Simplex.
I will be annoyed if the framerate issues aren't resolved next generation. You should be able to drive the game split screen.

Of course they should be restricting splitscreen in matchmaking given this problem.

Top Bottom