• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Or, get Titanfall, Destiny, and BF4 on Xbox One.

i5vr8OaPP4DuP.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
get xbox one, why wouldn't you.
Why would I?
Get Titanfall on PC
Get Destiny and BF4 on PS4
Get Xbox One to let Kinect watch you play on PC and PS4
I haven't played much BF3 since around launch, but I'm going to be all in for BF4. Hopefully the PS4 Battlefield squad will be thriving.

edit: Titanfall will be on PS4 in less than a year after the Xbox One version launches. EA's not giving up that free money, and as kittens said, CBOAT's backing that up.

Madness

Eh, while I trust CBoaT, I just can't see myself waiting a year or more to play TitanFall. If you don't have a gaming pc, might as well get XbOne. Especially if Halo Xbox One might be a 2014 launch.

edit: Titanfall will be on PS4 in less than a year after the Xbox One version launches. EA's not giving up that free money, and as kittens said, CBOAT's backing that up.

I'm not saying that there isn't a solid chance that Titanfall comes to PS4 at some point, but at this point there is absolutely nothing that says it actually is coming to the PS4. Titanfall is exclusive to the MS platforms because Respawn isn't a massive 200+ person dev team ready to crank out 8 versions of their game Ubisoft style. They liked that MS offered the Azure platform for cloud computing and scalable dedis, so they choose those platforms. They aren't even making the 360 version due to their size.

Just throwing it out there: it'd be interesting to get a Mega Man level selection system for ODST 2. Hub worlds would still be possible, but you'd play through each squadmate's mission and gain "party members" to add some replayability depending on what order you choose. Dutch (pilot / heavy weapons) may be a more effective teammate than Romeo in a New Alexandria-style mission, etc.

Just throwing it out there: it'd be interesting to get a Mega Man level selection system for ODST 2. Hub worlds would still be possible, but you'd play through each squadmate's mission and gain "party members" to add some replayability depending on what order you choose. Dutch (pilot / heavy weapons) may be a more effective teammate than Romeo in a New Alexandria-style mission, etc.

You can get a new weapon and or weapon add on after every mission.

Certain things can get you to secret areas for each mission for bonus extra stuff.

n each level ends with megaman boss entrances and a boss.

I'm not saying that there isn't a solid chance that Titanfall comes to PS4 at some point, but at this point there is absolutely nothing that says it actually is coming to the PS4. Titanfall is exclusive to the MS platforms because Respawn isn't a massive 200+ person dev team ready to crank out 8 versions of their game Ubisoft style. They liked that MS offered the Azure platform for cloud computing and scalable dedis, so they choose those platforms. They aren't even making the 360 version due to their size.
There's also a huge chance titanfall won't even be good.

Fuchsdh

Wow, Bioshock Infinite's horde mode takes the "annoying center text" to a whole new level.

KILL +10
VIGOR KILL +25
DAMAGE OVER TIME +30
DOUBLE KILL +25
etc...

If there was an example of where medals work better, this would be it. Firefight is simply a better mode; the elements of the challenges and the global leaderboards are something that 343 should look into, though (the leaderboard in Reach might as well not have existed.)

Offering Spartan Points or XP or credits or whatnot and allowing people to unlock concept art (that you could screenshot out for wallpaper or etc.), additional bits of Halo lore, and character models seems like it would be a good addition to a Reach-style armory system, alongside the gun skins and armor variants (bring back armor effects too!) Reach's system felt like towards the middle and end that you were forced into saving for long periods to actually get what you want, having more content to unlock means you can sprinkle out more of interest while the overall level progression stays the same.

Duji

Does anyone know whether or not Halo: Reach got its long promised consolidation update? I haven't been paying too much attention lately.

GhaleonEB

But look at how beautiful the sky is (after being ported to Halo CE, where you can see them without color correction/bloom/shafts).

Can somebody get a shot of Valhalla's skybox? This is Ragnarok's skybox, which is a dome with a single texture (here it is looking not out of place on Timberlands).

Never forget.

daedalius

Basically an "open world" Halo like Metroid Prime or System Shock 2 where its one big level that all connects. Just take ODST but have that one city part connect to like 15 or so big areas.

Man, that would be so incredible... makes me want to go back and play some of the Primes again.

It's made by the two guys that made MW2, I don't have high hopes.

Hundreds of people made MW2, not two people.

Titanfall looks to be a breath of fresh air by making player movement a dynamic, deep, integral aspect of a military shooter. Something that the sub-genre has been in desperate need off, and something that sandbox/arena shooters should be taking a look at as well.

Titanfall looks to be a breath of fresh air by making player movement a dynamic, deep, integral aspect of a military shooter. Something that the sub-genre has been in desperate need off, and something that sandbox/arena shooters should be taking a look at as well.

As long as CoD is the FPS king ( sadface) then nothingis really going to change. but titanfall looks good.

As long as CoD is the FPS king ( sadface) then nothingis really going to change. but titanfall looks good.

Yeah, obviously it's premature to say that the game will change the industry, but this is the core team that changed the shooter genre with their last franchise, so I wouldn't underestimate their next one.

I do like they're doing something with player movement. That's really the only interesting thing about the game, and it's not enough to peak my interest. Seems like it's just another FPS with ADS, 100+ HEADSHOT, XP unlocks + mechs.

I'll pass.

Top Bottom