• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuchsdh

lol, See, I like the new cleaner white and green logo. I don't know why, I thought I'd hate it with how much I hate windows 8, but I think it's prettier.

unfortunately, it's HDMI ONLY. No more standard definition on your xbox :/
With 1080p likely going to be the standard for games in the future, text would be unreadable anyhow. No point sticking to the past. You can get a 1080p TV for $200; if you're buying a console you can prolly afford the upgrade.

I didn't play the Halo 3 Beta, how did the Carbine play during the Beta?

Truth be told, the game would've been A LOT better if the Carbine was like it was in the Beta. Since it was only on a few maps, it could've worked great and provided players with some diversity in the sandbox than just the BR BR BR BR BR (which is why, crazy enough, people were asking for a NERFED BR lmfao..).

Bungie got older and older as they made more Halo games. Maybe they slowed shit down to accommodate for their own dulling reflexes.

So I fully expect Destiny to be turn based by the time it launches.

That's the thing, Bungie made Halo games for themselves. There was always a misconception that mechanics and other gameplay aspects were designed for fans, sometimes based on feedback, but the reality of it is that they weren't. Bungie has said several times that they make the games they want to play, so take that as you will but personally I never 100% believed some of the crap they'd spew out to blinded fans.

And after years of these problems I think it would be tough to argue against that. That's why is so disappointing to see 343 make the same mistakes after a decade's worth of knowledge of what works in a Halo game.

I hate to bring it up again, but Camo being an AA in Halo 4 is one clear example of them just not giving 2 shits for what we really care about. Everyone would benefit from most of the universally proposed changes fans make, from little things like GIVING PLAYERS A MAGNUM IN LEGENDARY SLAYER
(why does this take weeks to update?)
to not taking away Custom Game options or even just making the game more skill-based and competitively viable, etc. The list goes on..

m23

Having the headset included is awesome, should have been like that from the beginning though. One of the reasons why Xbox Live is so enjoyable is because we know everyone has a mic and that many use it. I guess there are pros and cons to everyone having a mic, but that's a different conversation.

Fuchsdh

Having the headset included is awesome, should have been like that from the beginning though. One of the reasons why Xbox Live is so enjoyable is because we know everyone has a mic and that many use it. I guess there are pros and cons to everyone having a mic, but that's a different conversation.
Did the original 360s have headsets? My 4GB Slim didn't, so going to mics for everyone seems like a big step.

What is this "standard definition" some of you speak of?

Come at me bro.

images

Ghazi

tbh flinch being in the game at launch would've made it so much bearable. Too bad this'll never be in matchmaking.

If the game had launched in the form it's in now........

Nowise10

If the game had launched in the form it's in now........

..To me the game still plays exactly the same as it did when it came out. Its still boring and frustrating. I haven't played it in over a month, and I have never done that with a Halo game. The longest I went without Reach was probably 5 or so days if even.

Ghazi

..To me the game still plays exactly the same as it did when it came out. Its still boring and frustrating. I haven't played it in over a month, and I have never done that with a Halo game. The longest I went without Reach was probably 5 or so days if even.

I understand that, I felt that way too, but it was much worse at launch. After all the balance updates, playlist changes, and map/gametype changes it certainly is leagues more bearable than since launch. Granted, having all these Pro variants at launch would've eased up the frustration i had with the game (this existed, but they removed Slayer Pro).

Reach was pretty fun, even if it was pretty different. I miss Reach launch with friends :(

Gui_PT

So if 343 realized how much better the game is with these modded settings/features, would it be possible for them to implement said settings/features into matchmaking or is that a no go?

Booshka

So if 343 realized how much better the game is with these modded settings/features, would it be possible for them to implement said settings/features into matchmaking or is that a no go?

343 will be too busy focusing on Ricochet Playlist Sustain and debating whether or not to put a BR in Legendary Slayer. They won't have the time or resources to implement traditional Halo gameplay. They scrapped it in the first place, so why even bother putting it in now.

Gui_PT

343 will be too busy focusing on Ricochet Playlist Sustain and debating whether or not to put a BR in Legendary Slayer. They won't have the time or resources to implement traditional Halo gameplay. They scrapped it in the first place, so why even bother putting it in now.

Yeah =\

For some reason I still expect them to go back on their decisions and implement these things, considering the game is almost dead online

Ghazi

Don't they keep supporting it with maps and dlc? I didn't expect them to still support it at this juncture.

Well, the new pack is the first post release content that 343 themselves have made since Forge Island & Spartan Ops. I said a while back that I would be surprised if they were supporting the game a year after release and Bravo popped in saying that he wouldn't be surprised.

belushy

Banned
Well, the new pack is the first post release content that 343 themselves have made since Forge Island & Spartan Ops. I said a while back that I would be surprised if they were supporting the game a year after release and Bravo popped in saying that he wouldn't be surprised.

For real? I thought CA made these maps in Champions bundle as well?

Gui_PT

lmao, they don't care about Halo 4 that much. (as if it isn't dead online already)

Now that's a bit unfair.

They still support the game with the occasional update or new playlist (and now DLC) but it's like they don't know what they're doing for some reason.

Legendary Slayer with AR starts no secondary.
6 rockets on Haven.
Lasers on Adrift.

It's like they throw stuff at the game and hope it sticks.

Now that's a bit unfair.

They still support the game with the occasional update or new playlist (and now DLC) but it's like they don't know what they're doing for some reason.

Legendary Slayer with AR starts no secondary.
6 rockets on Haven.
Lasers on Adrift.

It's like they throw stuff at the game and hope it sticks.

Isn't that like their Design Philosophy?

well that and "CoD did it, how can we use their Ideas."

Madness

MLG dropped Star Craft II... Don't know if that's bad for StarCraft or bad for MLG. Then again, seems like they did okay by dropping Halo and picking up CoD.

Booshka

MLG dropped Star Craft II... Don't know if that's bad for StarCraft or bad for MLG. Then again, seems like they did okay by dropping Halo and picking up CoD.

Wonder if they are going to pick up Dota 2. Running LoL and Dota 2 at the same tournament is kinda weird, but MLG has always followed the money and popularity. So I expect to see LoL, Blops 2 and Dota 2 this Fall.

BigShow36

Don't they keep supporting it with maps and dlc? I didn't expect them to still support it at this juncture.

I think fans are looking more for "fix this crappy game" support rather than "buy this extra shit in the false hope that it will somehow improve the gameplay" support.

FyreWulff

Probably finally realized nobody is going to watch them over the established Korean leagues

Enfinit

They could make money off solely LoL. It's going to be LoL, CoD (because it's the obligatory FPS), and probably Dota.

Top Bottom