• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet. Lets do it tomorrow.
I feel like every server I joined this afternoon has weird modded maps and stuff, I wanna play vanilla.

daedalius

I do love the H4 soundtrack... I really wish it was mixed higher in game; seems way too subdued most of the time.

Both part 1 and part 2 make good art'n music.

Computer

Just played a game of CTF on Valhalla and the game literately spawned me in the enemies base. I grabbed the flag and dipped it was pretty damn funny.

I also have some insider info on 2 hour Skype interviews 343 are conducting with select gamers for feedback on Halo. I will know what was asked and said by this weekend when I talk to him.

I also have some insider info on 2 hour Skype interviews 343 are conducting with select gamers for feedback on Halo. I will know what was asked and said by this weekend when I talk to him.
Nice. Is this somewhat similar to the survey & feedback discussions that Monkey was talking about weeks ago? Hmmm..

Computer

Nice. Is this somewhat similar to the survey & feedback discussions that Monkey was talking about weeks ago? Hmmm..

I am not sure. I didn't hear about that. The person they interviewed is my cousin and he is a OG Halo player. I know he gave them some good advice on what Halo should be. He said they discussed everything Halo I will know more when I see him.

belushy

Banned
not really Halo related, but i found Heracross' Mega Evolution.

81ctibk6.gif

edit: I like Digimon though, but the hate for it is pretty funny in those Pokemon threads. "WHAT IS THIS DIGIMON SHIT DOING IN MY POKEMON!"

Madness

I am not sure. I didn't hear about that. The person they interviewed is my cousin and he is a OG Halo player. I know he gave them some good advice on what Halo should be. He said they discussed everything Halo I will know more when I see him.

http://www.geek-badge.com/halo-4-first-impressions-with-andy-bravo-dudynsky/

343 just needs to read this interview Bravo gave before the game released and before he was hired. They'd know what every pro and OG Halo player wants.

DeadNames

Banned
Just played a game of CTF on Valhalla and the game literately spawned me in the enemies base. I grabbed the flag and dipped it was pretty damn funny.

Does his uncle work for Microsoft too?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
it took a really long time but digimon proved it was ahead of the game a very long time ago

gso pokemon

belushy

Banned
Its honestly a stupid concept. I mean Pokemon had to run out of ideas sometime.

I like the "warp digivolve" stuff from Digimon, but they should have stopped at the fusion stuff. I enjoyed the 4th season of Digimon, but the whole "Humans can be Digimon too!" thing was hard to swallow.

I guess this means the next generation of Pokemon will have fusions.... oh lord.

belushy

Banned
I'm a grown man with a family. I have no need to make up stories to impress Internet nerds.
I am just happy that 343 is trying to gather feedback from gamers for once.

Yeah. If you don't feel safe posting the info once you get it, I'd be cool with getting a PM with anything you learn.

Definitely hoping some people asked about spectator mode.

I like the "warp digivolve" stuff from Digimon, but they should have stopped at the fusion stuff. I enjoyed the 4th season of Digimon, but the whole "Humans can be Digimon too!" thing was hard to swallow.

I guess this means the next generation of Pokemon will have fusions.... oh lord.
Im a huge fan of both series but jesus. why does pokemon have to be so late if they are, according to tons of people the superior franchise.

Madness

Im a huge fan of both series but jesus. why does pokemon have to be so late if they are, according to tons of people the superior franchise.

It's really apples to oranges. Digimon was a Tamagotchi clone game that morphed into a television show and some video games. Pokemon is an RPG video game that created it's own show.

I've never gotten the comparisons to be honest. I was a HUGE fan of Digimon, I stopped watching once the original cast and storylines were done though and never really played the games beyond the original psx games.

BigShow36

I'm a grown man with a family. I have no need to make up stories to impress Internet nerds.
I am just happy that 343 is trying to gather feedback from gamers for once.

Halo developers have always "gathered feedback" from gamers. The problem is most gamers are either:
A) Morons
B) Don't understand balance

Or both.

Additionally, just because 343 is "gathering feedback" doesn't mean they will implement the feedback, and even if they do, it won't be the wothwhile feedback. So there's really three major obstacles here:
1) I don't trust the gamers to give good feedback
2) I don't trust 343 to interpret the feedback correctly,
and 3) I don't trust 343 to implement the feedback properly.

belushy

Banned
Halo CE is still pretty fun and has a good amount of people playing.

On PC? There are always a lot of servers yeah, but most that I played a few months ago was modded ones where you can walk up to a rock and you'd teleport to the top of a tree or something weird like that.

wwm0nkey

On PC? There are always a lot of servers but most that I played a few months ago was modded ones where you can walk up to a rock and you'd teleport to the top of a tree or something weird like that.
Yeah PC. Also I only got one of those. The rest were normal DM and TDM matches

belushy

Banned
Yeah PC. Also I only got one of those. The rest were normal DM and TDM matches

Hmm, good to hear it has cleared up a bit then. Hopefully Halo 3 PC doesn't have those problems. They are fun sometimes, but not every server lol

I wonder how much it will take to host a Halo 3 PC server once it comes out. Would be cool to have a GAF server up 24/7.

Madness

I love Reach, way more than 4, but I also have a hard time playing it after 4.

To be honest, I'd love that new modded, no sprint, 4sk BR, no flinch gameplay from Halo 4 and put it in Reach.

Reach just looks/feels like Halo more though.

Frankie, can we have another new Halo reveal at Gamescom?...

Please?

F2P Halo game. Very similar to Halo: CE, but with a slightly larger weapon sandbox. Comes with 10 maps, map creator, runs at 60 fps, dedicated servers, and custom game browser. Add firefight with 5 maps for 9.99. Add theater with spectator mode for 4.99.

Comes downloaded on every Xbox One hard drive.

lol

Top Bottom