• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

wwm0nkey

So people are actually going to play CE and stuff right? We REALLY should all just find other Halo games to play rather than just be sad/angry about 4 unless its about cool mods.

So people are actually going to play CE and stuff right? We REALLY should all just find other Halo games to play rather than just be sad/angry about 4 unless its about cool mods.

I've been playing Halo 3 all week. Now I'm sad/angry about playing AR starts on Valhalla three times in a row (actually happened) and the curious ubiquity of Snowbound in the second map slot.

I've been playing Halo 3 all week. Now I'm sad/angry about playing AR starts on Valhalla three times in a row (actually happened) and the curious ubiquity of Snowbound in the second map slot.
I fired up 3 the other day with a friend. We went into Team Mythic, got 3v3 CTF Classic BRs on Heretic, and then proceeded to be friendly-fired the entire game by the French who was split from his party of four. It was such a disappointment.

Omni

Hopped on Reach tonight and played some firefight on Unearthed and Installation 04. Never really took notice of how stupid the friendly AI is... Hah. They just stand still shooting at the walls... Still fun though. Firefight Limitied is the shit.

Fuchsdh

Hopped on Reach tonight and played some firefight on Unearthed and Installation 04. Never really took notice of how stupid the friendly AI is... Hah. They just stand still shooting at the walls... Still fun though. Firefight Limitied is the shit.

Yeah I love the idea of friendly AI and on some other maps even those guys would be fine, but Installation 04 has a lot of elevation that the friendly AI just is not great at handling. They get stuck after falling off the side and become chum the next wave, etc. Unearthered with the same friendly AI would be a lot better.

I don't think the AI was built to handle bonus rounds full of 20 Hunters when all the ODSTs have assault rifles.

I loved giving them all heavy weapons in Arcadefight, though.

Ghazi

I don't think the AI was built to handle bonus rounds full of 20 Hunters when all the ODSTs have assault rifles.

I loved giving them all heavy weapons in Arcadefight, though.
Don't the friendly AI get unlimited ammo? Giving them SpLasers or Rockets sounds OP as hell when they're not killing you with them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, HaloPC crew. I just got up. Got some coffee. So who wants to play and what should we play? Also, I need to configure it to run at 1080p. Right now, I Just have vanilla HPC 1.09 installed.. do most people play custom edition?

I don't know what that means!

Fuchsdh

There's a hell of a lot you could do to Firefight--NPC AIs, turrets like Reach, fallback zones... I really hope 343 brings it back more capable than ever. Maybe you could blend it with Spartan Ops by having a mini scenario set on each of the maps, but the replay value of the maps themselves is key.

There's a hell of a lot you could do to Firefight--NPC AIs, turrets like Reach, fallback zones... I really hope 343 brings it back more capable than ever. Maybe you could blend it with Spartan Ops by having a mini scenario set on each of the maps, but the replay value of the maps themselves is key.
Invasion + Firefight
Its almost like a mini Spartan Ops/Campaign mission.

TCKaos

Hey, HaloPC crew. I just got up. Got some coffee. So who wants to play and what should we play? Also, I need to configure it to run at 1080p. Right now, I Just have vanilla HPC 1.09 installed.. do most people play custom edition?

I don't know what that means!

Download CE and Opensauce and then never look back. Post processing and proper widescreen support.

daedalius

Played a lot of Dominion last night, I actually like that playlist now.

Lockdown is fun, and regular dominion doesn't spawn stupid amounts of power weapons. Its almost like a proper 3 plots.

Fuchsdh

Lockdown is fun, and regular dominion doesn't spawn stupid amounts of power weapons. Its almost like a proper 3 plots.

Haven't had a chance to play the revised Dominion, they personally dealt with my main issue with the mode (power weapons inside the bases) so I'm itching to play it.

Anyone going to be on tonight EST?

Wish Live would adjust their prices on DLC after a while, the Halo Wars DLC is still 800 Microsoft points each, when few people even play the game anymore. It a shame sales don't happen often enough to at least make this a non-issue.

Gotta give a try then, I played too much dominion and I still have nightmares of Exile 24/7

wwm0nkey

Man Halo 1 looks pretty different.

jbmXitQw7kjKfh.bmp

jbw0Iexi3z0qAA.bmp

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
1331 playing Team Slayer on Halo Reach. 45 playing Super Slayer.

fuck

FyreWulff

Is it time to post what one would do if they were given the position of legacy sustain over Reach again?

1331 playing Team Slayer on Halo Reach. 45 playing Super Slayer.

fuck

They're still collecting votes to decide which one they'll go for when they update Reach in 2552.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so I have Halo Custom Edition installed and started a server called RAISE UR WONGERS

Its kinda weirding me out because the IP its giving me on the tab screen seems to be my local ip... can anyone tell me if they can find the game? I guess I could also go in and start a dedicated server. I really want to get this going, I have a 105/25 connection so we should be good to go for some old skool 16 player fun.

Booshka

Ok, so I have Halo Custom Edition installed and started a server called RAISE UR WONGERS

Its kinda weirding me out because the IP its giving me on the tab screen seems to be my local ip... can anyone tell me if they can find the game? I guess I could also go in and start a dedicated server. I really want to get this going, I have a 105/25 connection so we should be good to go for some old skool 16 player fun.

With that connection you should Stream on Twitch as well. Download Open Broadcaster Software and start streaming.

wwm0nkey

I might play some tomorrow and sadly I can no longer do late night gaming due to my job :(

But yeah I've been playing CE a lot these past 2 days and its still a lot of fun so I would love to get a CE group together!

Also remember to download opensauce 3.1 so you can autodownload maps and also Foundry because its really nice looking lol

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've got opensauce installed. Looks nice. I actually really prefer just the vanilla look of halo so I dont really want any graphic mods. I just played a game on ratrace with infinite shotguns and grenades. lol, so AWESOME. Oh man, I haven't played this in years. I love how you can shoot the powerups down from below and have them fall on you.

wwm0nkey

Yeah, I've got opensauce installed. Looks nice. I actually really prefer just the vanilla look of halo so I dont really want any graphic mods. I just played a game on ratrace with infinite shotguns and grenades. lol, so AWESOME. Oh man, I haven't played this in years. I love how you can shoot the powerups down from below and have them fall on you.
Yeah CE is just a lot of fun. Good to see people still play it too...unlike that horribly awful controlled GFWL neglected port called Halo 2

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Even just the animations. Part of it is probably that I was 14 when Halo1 came out so it was like THE seminal game for me.. but man.. when you shoot a guy with a shotgun and he just goes into that swimming through the air motion and then lands and does a half roll leg over leg.. its just perfect. I keep trying to sprint though.. lol.

Also, vehicle damage ruined halo multiplayer.

I finally watched forward unto dawn last night and while it was pretty dreadful it definitely got me thinking about Halo again.

wwm0nkey

Even just the animations. Part of it is probably that I was 14 when Halo1 came out so it was like THE seminal game for me.. but man.. when you shoot a guy with a shotgun and he just goes into that swimming through the air motion and then lands and does a half roll leg over leg.. its just perfect. I keep trying to sprint though.. lol.

Also, vehicle damage ruined halo multiplayer.

I finally watched forward unto dawn last night and while it was pretty dreadful it definitely got me thinking about Halo again.
Agreed, one thing I don't get why they added to Halo Reach and 4. Best vehicle combat is 1-3.

Also the game really does hold up incredibly well. Now they just have to release it on steam with new netcode/steamworks, more vid options like AA and workshop support for mods....

Booshka

If I was as good with M+KB as I am with Controller for FPS, I would play CE on PC a lot more. But I can't stand being terrible at the game when I am very good on controller. Kinda wish that controller support for Halo CE on PC did a Shadowrun where it had the aim assist mechanics and all that. I wouldn't mind getting shit on by the best of M+KB players if I could hold my own with the aiming mechanics of the console game.

I'm slowly getting better at M+KB, so I'll be able to stomach it soon enough.

Top Bottom