• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to play some 3 / Reach / 4?

Not Halo Wars, tho, sorry.

Trasher

If you post nudity even if you tag it NSFW you will get banned, this has been a rule for awhile so don't try to call out the mods or favoritism BS

But people do it and don't always get banned quite often. Hence the inconsistency I'm talking about. It's cute that you are defending the mods though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It's also been made clear by mods that a poster's history (other bans) plays a role in how future infractions are dealt with. Booties didn't have the best track record.

wwm0nkey

But people do it and don't always get banned quite often. Hence the inconsistency I'm talking about. It's cute that you are defending the mods though.
I mean do you have any links to posts that do this or know of any threads this has happened in? Serious question because the worst I have ever seen is yoga pants.

Trasher

Honestly? Not really most of the time I go there its for Pacific Rim and when the Funny Pics thread was there.

Yeah, it happens quite often over there.

Seems like every other week there's a thread that goes up like this one that links to NSFW images.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485104&highlight=protest

But that's news, so it makes it okay right?!

edit: lol that dude is currently banned, but it wasn't for posting that thread I don't think. That thread is from August of last year.

Anyways, I'm done with the off topic shit. You may resume your regularly scheduled Halo talks!

kdash7

I have been having an amazing time with Halo 4 MP after the updates which were released beginning of June. Cant wait to see Halo on Xbox One!!

heckfu

Banned
Hey Heckfu, I got unbanned on Waypoint. We cool now?

I don't understand how your standing on waypoint affects our relationship. You've made it clear over and over on here and twitter that you aren't capable of having an adult conversation without resorting to name-calling and dragging the other person through the mud. When you can demonstrate that with consistency we'll be cool.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What about tonight? Currently playing Super Metroid for the first time with my nephew and it's awesome.
Sounds good! And that's awesome. One of the kids I babysit played Super Metroid for the first time a month or two ago, and totally loved it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played more than like 2 hours on any Metroid.

I'll show myself out now.
They're generally really good. I'd recommend Zero Mission if you wanna try them out (and if you have a Gameboy Advance). After I beat Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, I'm gonna give Metroid Prime 3 another try.

UUUUGH.

I will be on in a couple of minutes, who will be there?
I'm playing Halo 3, but I'll switch to 4 if we're gonna have some international interaction.

IHaveIce

Banned
They're generally really good. I'd recommend Zero Mission if you wanna try them out (and if you have a Gameboy Advance). After I beat Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, I'm gonna give Metroid Prime 3 another try.

I'm playing Halo 3, but I'll switch to 4 if we're gonna have some international interaction.

Yeah Halo 3 crosscontinental will be a glorious clusterfuck of connection.

It would be worse than Fracas' connection.

Probably not.

Madness

Wtf, Booties was just unbanned like a few days ago and they banned him again? Was it a perm? What was the banned image? A woman showing her boobs? I think I've seen something similar here before in a NSFW thread though.

That aside, I was reading the bulletin, if Spartan Assault's story is before the events of Halo 4 when Sarah Palmer is made Commander, it means in a span of less than 4 years then, that not only does humanity regroup from mass extinction, buy they have the Spartan-IV program up and running, and have the new armor developed and ready. Not to mention having Palmer undergo Spartan augmentation.

I could buy it, if instead of saying only 5 years have passed, it was more along the lines of 50 years, but it wouldnt have worked with Cortana. I just don't buy it, it's like the events of Halo 1-3, ODST and Reach didn't really exist.

So slty gets banned for calling a girl a dumb sloot.

Booties gets banned for posting titties.

What's next? Tashi banned for plugging hair products?

ZaneZavin

Neo Member
I'm actually on HaloGAF. Can't believe my login suddenly worked. I registered years ago and nothing happened. I'm expecting something bad to happen when I post this...like a shield world colliding with a star.

Homeboyd

I'm actually on HaloGAF. Can't believe my login suddenly worked. I registered years ago and nothing happened. I'm expecting something bad to happen when I post this...like a shield world colliding with a star.
Nah, this is HaloGAF:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=563441&page=1

You can post about things that have nothing to do with Halo with people who like Halo.

Or you can post about Halo 4 in this thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=580093&page=1

...with a bunch of people that don't like Halo 4. Just don't talk about any other Halo there.

Or you can keep posting in this thread. No one knows what this thread is for, but I think it's supposed to be a place to talk about the other Halo's other than Halo 4 which you can talk about in the 2nd thread above unless it leads to an off topic discussion in which case you would need to continue in the first thread above. It's all good though, there's about to be a 4th thread specifically created to discuss which threads specific discussions about Halo, Halo 4, and OT topics should be discussed in with or without "members" of HaloGAF.

PM booties for additional guidance.

Ghazi

Nah, this is HaloGAF:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=563441&page=1

You can post about things that have nothing to do with Halo with people who like Halo.

Or you can post about Halo 4 in this thread:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=580093&page=1

...with a bunch of people that don't like Halo 4. Just don't talk about any other Halo there.

Or you can keep posting in this thread. No one knows what this thread is for, but I think it's supposed to be a place to talk about the other Halo's other than Halo 4 which you can talk about in the 2nd thread above unless it leads to an off topic discussion in which case you would need to continue in the first thread above. It's all good though, there's about to be a 4th thread specifically created to discuss which threads specific discussions about Halo, Halo 4, and OT topics should be discussed in with or without "members" of HaloGAF.

PM booties for additional guidance.

Remind me why we have 3 threads again?

BTB Skirmish yes!

The new Flood mode sounds interesting, as well as that Lockdown gametype. Sweet!

Also, fuckin lol at Homeboyd's musings

I've never played more than like 2 hours on any Metroid.

I'll show myself out now.

aozz643_460sa.gif

Have you ever tried the Prime series? Its quite good to play.

ZaneZavin

Neo Member
I just did bro. It's pretty crystal clear if you ask me.

My observation is that HaloGAF thread is pretty crazy. The Halo 4 thread seems like 95% complaints, 3% hyperbole, and 2% discussion. This thread is for... well semi-halo-related. No wait, this thread is to observe the other two from a distance.

Ghazi

My observation is that HaloGAF thread is pretty crazy. The Halo 4 thread seems like 95% complaints, 3% hyperbole, and 2% discussion. This thread is for... well semi-halo-related. No wait, this thread is to observe the other two from a distance.

I was being sarcastic, I just don't like how we have 3 threads. 2 was enough, if not bad enough.

Madness

Just let the one in OT community die off already. The majority of Halo discussion should just be in this thread I guess. Halo 3 free soon, Halo 2 Anniversary, HaloGAF radio, Spartan Assault, Halo for Xbox One, etc.

Keep Halo 4 specific discussion in the other thread, like it was before. Though I'm pretty sure not that many play much. Even I've barely played at all last week. You can't even defend it now, it's behind 3 fucking competing shooters, Minecraft, and two sports games and it's still only 7 and half months from launch.

DeadNames

Banned
Just let the one in OT community die off already. The majority of Halo discussion should just be in this thread I guess. Halo 3 free soon, Halo 2 Anniversary, HaloGAF radio, Spartan Assault, Halo for Xbox One, etc.

Keep Halo 4 specific discussion in the other thread, like it was before. Though I'm pretty sure not that many play much. Even I've barely played at all last week. You can't even defend it now, it's behind 3 fucking competing shooters, Minecraft, and two sports games and it's still only 7 and half months from launch.

Didn't Reach have about 70k regular players two years after launch?

You have to publish via Microsoft Game Studios.

Aka no better than the 360 situation.

Conversely, Nintendo gives you full Unity for free once you have a Wii U devkit, they don't require you to publish via Nintendo, and you can self-publish as your own company. Sony lets you self-publish, mostly, as well.

I agree self publishing is preferable but these are positives steps, yes?

gw8PhH8.gif

Yes but these steps are almost pointless (except the first) without selfpublishing though. I really hope Microsoft changes that so next gen is all about the exclusives vs exclusives.

I don't pretend to know the publishing processes exactly but what is so bad about it? I'm genuinely curious.

From the outside looking it it just seems like MS want to test and measure the quality of releases and not fill the marketplace with garbage any kid at home makes. Similar to the CC's of Halo rather than just having publish in every gamers Forge mode. If it's really slow or too much red tape then I fully understand but it just seems like quality control.

Top Bottom