• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Speedy's video is being used as a prime example of how Avatars were a gold mine for MS on a gaming side discussion lol.

Damn $110 on an avatar Speedy. I think I spent like 240 points total when I bought some shoes for the character when it was new, didn't even care about avatars afterwards and I'm glad they're gone.
Why and where?

Ramirez

images

I see you.

Omni

About damn time. It was disappointing to see a game like Battlefield 3 below Halo 4 in population. The amount of content and DLC and fixes that Dice have put into that game is unbelievable. Even things like colour blind support were added post-release because the community asked for them.

Nonetheless. I do hope that 343i takes a look at Halo 4, the population that bought the game and the population that's left playing the mess that they've created and takes it as an example of what not to do. I'm willing to bet that a good majority of people that bought Halo 4 did so because of Bungie - in that they wanted to see what happened to Master Chief - and now, obviously, 343i has no such crutch. They need to prove that they can create a decent Halo game instead of riding on the success of a (arguably so) more talented company and stealing ideas from a more popular series (CoD). I think that E3 demonstrated the general sentiments that I'm writing; people aren't terribly excited about another Halo after Halo 4. Sure we have the people on the forums like myself who are cautiously excited to an extent, but the media isn't talking about Halo at all. Obviously we can't be sure if Halo 4 soured their tastes on the franchise, whether it is franchise fatigue or that it was simply dwarfed by the other IPs present, but no one is talking about it. There's no way that Halo 5 or whatever they decide to call it is going to attract anywhere near the same amount of players that Halo 4 did regardless of what they do - even more so considering Microsoft's own screw up regarding their own next gen console (but that's a whole different subject) - but they'd be better off bringing back fans of the series rather than trying to appeal to some other audience.

60fps and dedicated servers are nice, but ultimately mean nothing if we get another Halo 4.

Speaking of... in all seriousness... how do I play the other Halo 4 non-majestic DLC maps in MM?
You have better odds winning the lottery.

willow ve

About damn time. It was disappointing to see a game like Battlefield 3 below Halo 4 in population. The amount of content and DLC and fixes that Dice have put into that game is unbelievable. Even things like colour blind support were added post-release because the community asked for them.

Nonetheless. I do hope that 343i takes a look at Halo 4, the population that bought the game and the population that's left playing the mess that they've created and takes it as an example of what not to do. I'm willing to bet that a good majority of people that bought Halo 4 did so because of Bungie - in that they wanted to see what happened to Master Chief - and now, obviously, 343i has no such crutch. They need to prove that they can create a decent Halo game instead of riding on the success of a (arguably so) more talented company and stealing ideas from a more popular series (CoD). I think that E3 demonstrated the general sentiments that I'm writing; people aren't terribly excited about another Halo after Halo 4. Sure we have the people on the forums like myself who are cautiously excited to an extent, but the media isn't talking about Halo at all. Obviously we can't be sure if Halo 4 soured their tastes on the franchise, whether it is franchise fatigue or that it was simply dwarfed by the other IPs present, but no one is talking about it. There's no way that Halo 5 or whatever they decide to call it is going to attract anywhere near the same amount of players that Halo 4 did regardless of what they do - even more so considering Microsoft's own screw up regarding their own next gen console (but that's a whole different subject) - but they'd be better off bringing back fans of the series rather than trying to appeal to some other audience.

60fps and dedicated servers are nice, but ultimately mean nothing if we get another Halo 4.

You have better odds winning the lottery.

I honestly wonder how much of Halo 5 was already done and decided upon before the huge population drop and community backlash was made apparent for 4. Surely they've been working on 5 for awhile now. All those dropped features in 4 (remember the phrase "limited bandwidth") surely had to do with large parts of the team/studio already working on the next title.

I lost...

shit on andale andale andale

@OddOne's article: "We don't always make good maps. In initial playtests people are cheering, yelling, having fun."

Make a note, shitbirds: the hype of the Halo brand and the entertainment of a fellow community are to be expected. Don't think your work's done if people are happy in an initial session, because it's the waiting game that'll prove if your map is legitimately entertaining like Midship or if you just blew your load cheering for Ogre 2 on Super Cragmire Boneyard 2: First Look.

Fuchsdh

Fable III is way more of a disappointment then Reach. I get that Molybeux wants to try new things but the "your HUD is a bunch of rooms that glitch often" is not the solution.

I really hope they turn back the clock and do another one that takes the best parts of the first two games.

On the other hand I would like the Halo games to simplify the HUD again and get the crud off the screen.

Booties

Banned
Fable III is way more of a disappointment then Reach. I get that Molybeux wants to try new things but the "your HUD is a bunch of rooms that glitch often" is not the solution.

I really hope they turn back the clock and do another one that takes the best parts of the first two games.

On the other hand I would like the Halo games to simplify the HUD again and get the crud off the screen.

I never had that problem with Fable III

I lost...

Good lord. Tawpgun is so bad at FIFA. What was the score and what do you have to do ?

Top Bottom