• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Nowise10

While I somewhat wished that Reach's population was beating Halo 4's, I highly doubt the Reach counter is accurate, as Halo 4 is in 7th place on the live charts, and Halo:Reach is in 14th place, so I would assume that Reach's population doesnt beat Halo 4 yet.

Gui_PT

I can't play Reach.

Even the rythm from shooting the DRM brings back horrible bloom memories and I have to quit

FyreWulff

Yeah, that's the problem with Reach right now. The only playlist that has a decent population is Team Slayer, but it has vanilla settings. I really wish 343 would just make the TU settings universal (where possible) and consolidate the playlists.

Team Slayer
BTB
Objective
Rumble Pit
Double Team
Multi Team
MLG (using MLG settings, obviously)
Invasion (not TU, because apparently TU isn't compatible with Invasion)

I'm probably missing something, but that looks close to perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

Delete MLG, replace it with a no-aa-no-bloom-no-loadouts playlist on all 4v4 compatible maps

Company that abandoned it's community to chase Starcraft dollars shouldn't retain a playlist in a consolidation, but there should be a hardcore option. Open it up to hc community maps too.

edit: actually tbh you could probably just convert Arena into that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Delete MLG, replace it with a no-aa-no-bloom-no-loadouts playlist on all 4v4 compatible maps

Company that abandoned it's community to chase Starcraft dollars shouldn't retain a playlist in a consolidation, but there should be a hardcore option. Open it up to hc community maps too.

edit: actually tbh you could probably just convert Arena into that.

No not all 4v4 maps.. that would mean some really bad maps would be there. MLGs map selection in Reach is the best in the game. Fuck everyother playlist in Reach is garbage and the MLG playlist is really really good, just because it was bold enough to say nope these maps won't go in there.

But yes Kittens is right, and brings the biggest criticism for Reach that is still a problem on the table. The difference between TU, Vanilla, ZB and more is just idiotic, there should be one setting across the board.

Before I play Reach, I gladly go back to Halo 3 with crappy netcode, quitters, afkers, and hell even AR starts ( 343 patch that out)

They weren't bold enough to cut Zealot from their rotation
Probably because Arena Zealot without Radar is a quite decent map.

FyreWulff

No not all 4v4 maps.. that would mean some really bad maps would be there. MLGs map selection in Reach is the best in the game. Fuck everyother playlist in Reach is garbage and the MLG playlist is really really good, just because it was bold enough to say nope these maps won't go in there.

But yes Kittens is right, and brings the biggest criticism for Reach that is still a problem on the table. The difference between TU, Vanilla, ZB and more is just idiotic, there should be one setting across the board.

Before I play Reach, I gladly go back to Halo 3 with crappy netcode, quitters, afkers, and hell even AR starts ( 343 patch that out)

They weren't bold enough to cut Zealot from their rotation

IHaveIce said:
Probably because Arena Zealot without Radar is a quite decent map.

Bungie, 343, and MLG never actually bothered to fix Zealot's spawns. It had too few spawns for anything above 2v2 to work correctly. Getting infinispawnkilled by being assasinated on bottom was the antithesis of fun.

The map LAYOUT itself was cool (it's essentially Desolationship), the spawns were shit on a poopcracker

FyreWulff

Just make the TU universal save for Invasion.

dis, drop Anniversary disc support for playlists, make Halo 1 Slayer an option in BTB on Blood Gulch, send Heavies to the third slot after veto, and bring back FF Doubles with Ghaleon's settings he posted here before.

Delete Super Slayer, bring back Squad Slayer, and bring back Action Sack after deleting Anniversary Firefight.

If there must be annidisc support, make AnniFF 2 players and add in the Ghaleon FFlimited settings as an option with no time limit. This would make sense as Anniversary supports 2-player co-op, so it'd be perfect if those two players could pop over to the Reach side of the disc to play cooperative Firefight. But really, it's time for the disc owners to redeem their code in mainline Reach so we can actually play as many classic maps in Anniversary 4v4 as possible.

FyreWulff

The TU made the Needle Rifle actually useful, though.

How Invasion is negatively affected by the TU:

- Camo nerf hurts Elites
- 85% DMR hurts Elites, and Spartans get DMRs before Elites have NRs widely available
- Sword clash removal makes the Sword the go-to weapon in later phases, since Spartans can't counter it
- (Previously) bleedthrough would be interesting as Elites regen health while Spartans do not.. and then add in the complication of the healthpack bug.

Or, written as an opinion: Invasion was designed for Reach to be played in Reach's shipping settings.

Ramirez

Well you've just seen one then now? Lol, I played it a bit more. Definitely takes a while to get used to, but I've sort of gotten the hang of it. Started to enjoy the riding and hunting. I will still say the controls are a bit wonky. Should get me pumped for GTA V though.

For those who have played LA Noire as well, how does that play as compared to RDR and GTA IV?

LA Noire is dog shit.

Reach models look great in Gmod.

Hj16fOp.jpg

ITT: People who don't actually play Reach advocating changing the most popular playlist from balanced Bungie settings to shitty 343 Industries settings.

Still enjoying TS in Reach with friends on the reg. Don't you fucking touch it, 343 Industries. You already shit up enough of that game.

Gui_PT

ITT: A broksy with "n00b" in his name calling other people noobs

Edit: My brain just told me I should state that I'm joking

IHaveIce

Banned
ITT: People who don't actually play Reach advocating changing the most popular playlist from balanced Bungie settings to shitty 343 Industries settings.

Still enjoying TS in Reach with friends on the reg. Don't you fucking touch it, 343 Industries. You already shit up enough of that game.

well I don't play it because of that lol.

Bloom settings balanced.... well we had this discussion already.

Nowise10

Reach models look great in Gmod.

I think Bungie nailed the design for what a Spartan should look like with Reach.

I also appreciated the gritty dark look of Reach, but I prefer Halo 3's more. Halo 4 MP maps honestly are bleh. The lighting effect and fogginess on all of the maps (besides Monolith, that map is beautiful) is something I really dont like over Reach and Halo 3 looks.

I want them to change it just to see this guy's reaction.

Ramirez

It's better than the Halo 4 Infinity crap.

Debatable really. IS is shit, but I don't think I've ever despised anything as much as vanilla bloom in Reach.

Non IS CTF in 4 is really fun, no flag dropping aside. It's been my go to playlist when I manage to find time to play.

Madness

I think Bungie nailed the design for what a Spartan should like like with Reach.

I also appreciated the gritty dark look of Reach, but I prefer Halo 3's more. Halo 4 MP maps honestly are bleh. The lighting effect and fogginess on all of the maps (besides Monolith, that map is beautiful) is something I really dont like over Reach and Halo 3 looks.

Same, I can't believe how anyone can look at Halo 4 armor and think it's a step forward. Maybe not so much the stocky aspect. But the helmets.

Reach helmets are far superior. H4 helmets are just dumb bmx style or gundam helmets with weird dots or holes. Pig snout, gorilla face etc.

Karl2177

Same, I can't believe how anyone can look at Halo 4 armor and think it's a step forward. Maybe not so much the stocky aspect. But the helmets.

Reach helmets are far superior. H4 helmets are just dumb bmx style or gundam helmets with weird dots or holes. Pig snout, gorilla face etc.

Or my personal favorite, the Elevator Button

484_max.jpg

Madness

I made this post before. But it shows you how poor the designs and models were. Reach helmets look streamlined, clean and like something you'd actually see. Halo 4 is like someone just took random doodles of helmets, some fantasy ones that kids would like and made them into the game.

XumWlmZ.jpg

UiIZUl4.png

Madness

AllArmor.png

Remember Reach!

Heck, remember Halo 3! How 343 added so many junk helmets but couldn't add MK V I can't understand.

armors%20for%20halo%203.jpg

Halo 3 armour is GOAT. Reach Spartans were chunky and had bad slouchy posture. And despite having better helmet design than 4's the helmets were still lacking, none of them look good other than the Mark V/VI. ODST helmet looks disproportionate on Reach's Spartans so that's out, and Security got butchered.

Halo 3 armour is GOAT. Reach Spartans were chunky and had bad slouchy posture. And despite having better helmet design than 4's the helmets were still lacking, none of them look good other than the Mark V/VI. ODST helmet looks disproportionate on Reach's Spartans so that's out, and Security got butchered.

Reach Operator helmet is god-tier. Like, top five.

EOD was also spectacular.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Halo 4's armor is just plain bad. Nothing stands out and very little of it seems like it's from a Halo game. I like that there's so many options, but I'd honestly rather have a smaller, more focused selection.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I think Halo 4 has the best helmets. But it also has the most unforgivably fucking terrible helmets.

Wow, you could say that about a lot of aspects of Halo 4.

gAg CruSh3r

I would like to see better armor designs for halo 5 and the customizations style of Reach and the Unlocking style like Halo 3/Halo4s.

Probably in the minority in this, but I really don't care about armor customization. Choosing my spartan's color is good enough for me. I usually just play around with it when I'm waiting to find a new game, but I'm find with everyone looking the sa,e/

Suggestion to 343: Microtransaction the fuck out of 75% of the armor. Use profits to make map packs cheap/free

Tawpgun

Because the armor for S-4 are no attached to the spartan but in that colored layer so its floating around the rest of your body.

Actually, I thought it was because the armor covers like nothing lol. Without the coat of paint it looks like you're wearing a space bra.

Top Bottom