• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Reach is fun. Reach is polished. Halo 4 is not fun. Halo 4 is not polished.

Bungie's updates to Reach were good. They responded to the community. They thoroughly tested their updates. They took Armor Lock out of many playlists. They evolved Arena more towards Pro game types.

343 Industries rolled out updates with errors and glitches. The TU was a hack job. I'd rather they'd left their hands off Reach. They left matchmaking a mess and didn't follow through with the adjustments we were promised.

blamite

For the record I think Reach's jetpack is super fun and can fit in the sandbox just fine on certain types of maps that are very carefully designed with its use in mind (but not on the majority of good Halo maps).

heckfu

Banned

Bungie's updates to Reach were good. They responded to the community. They thoroughly tested their updates. They took Armor Lock out of many playlists. They evolved Arena more towards Pro game types.

343 Industries rolled out updates with errors and glitches. The TU was a hack job. I'd rather they'd left their hands off Reach. They left matchmaking a mess and didn't follow through with the adjustments we were promised.

Bungie's TU wasn't exactly a goldmine, buddy. Splitting the player base instead of rolling out a single set of options was pretty silly, IMO. Should've either just went reduced/zero bloom (obviously) or kept it completely.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Derskey (Halo pro) just announced he now works at 343. Guessing he is doing the same thing Neighbor is doing, which I think is just an internal testing team.

Gratz to Dersky. Guy is super nice and loyal to the franchise. Good people

gAg CruSh3r

Derskey (Halo pro) just announced he now works at 343. Guessing he is doing the same thing Neighbor is doing, which I think is just an internal testing team.

Well it's great that they are actually getting pro Halo player into there studio to play Halo (5). I hope they help guide 343 into the right direction for the competitive gameplay in MM for Halo.

Bungie's TU wasn't exactly a goldmine, buddy. Splitting the player base instead of rolling out a single set of options was pretty silly, IMO. Should've either just went reduced/zero bloom (obviously) or kept it completely.

Bungie never did a TU for Reach though

Well shit. I guess I was wrong again :(
Glad to see we agree that 343 Industries mucked things up.

Nice demo of the upload studio, by the way. Looks pretty nice. Did you have to manually save each of those clips immediately after they happened? How long is the Xbox One's recording buffer?

heckfu

Banned
Glad to see we agree that 343 Industries mucked things up.

grumblegrumblegrumble

Nice demo of the upload studio, by the way. Looks pretty nice. Do you have to manually save each of those clips immediately after they happened?

If you say, "Xbox, Record That" it'll save the last 30 seconds or so of footage. It also records a temporary clip of most achievements in FIFA and what seem to be marquee moments like penalty saves or long range shots.

In BF4 it saves a temporary clip every time your rank up...for some odd reason.

IHaveIce

Banned

What updates by Bungie do you mean?
And fun is subjective and relying on forgemaps with huge framedrops to fill spaces also is not really that polished.

Edit : And dersky got hired, cool thing but doesn't mean shit. Bravo had clear views how Halo 4 should be, it only got close with releasing legendary slayer ( almost 8 months after launch). Neighbor is also tester, it didn't do shit for now.

Hires like these won't get me really excited anymore, positionchanges would be more interesting. Though I don't think anyone right there would make me confident as lead mp designer, Quinn also made it clear he likes sprint and stuff

Omni

grumblegrumblegrumble

If you say, "Xbox, Record That" it'll save the last 30 seconds or so of footage. It also records a temporary clip of most achievements in FIFA and what seem to be marquee moments like penalty saves or long range shots.

In BF4 it saves a temporary clip every time your rank up...for some odd reason.

That's actually pretty cool. There have been a few times where I've done something completely badass in BF3 and at the end of it have ranked up. Very satisfying.

TCKaos

One of the earlier uses of 343i's "Good Ideas Time Machine" has just been discovered. Halo Origins, a previously good idea seemingly founded in the year 2011 has been found drifting in to our current time continuum after 343i attempted to send it to themselves and Saber Interactive in an earlier stage of development on Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and it's Reach expansion counterpart.

Experts suspect that this may be one of the earlier tests of the time travel technology, as this concept was found over two years after the release of the game, nearly four years ahead of the intended destination.

Much like the Bullseye Map Pack, basic fileshare and theater/forge functionality, the initial Halo 4 Title Update and the Turbo weapon balancing update, 343i attempted to send this idea to their past selves so that they could reap the benefits of appearing to have had this idea from the outset. Though the other ideas missed their intended destinations by a matter of months, this Halo: Reach and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary bundle concept was intended to be received by 343i years before they finally received it.

cosby_omg.gif

Good. We need some Derskitivity™ up in this bee-itch.

Uhhh...

Halo: Origins

Halo-Origins-Bundle.jpg

Looks like they're looking to cash in one more time.

“Experience the origins of Halo through the fall of Reach and the rise of a hero.

The Halo Origins Bundle includes Halo: Reach and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, two games that will take you on a journey through two of the defining campaigns of the Halo universe. Join Noble team as humanitys last line of defense in Halo: Reach, the celebrated prequel to the Halo series, and witness the emergence of the Master Chief in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary a brilliant 10th anniversary remastering of the first Halo game.

The Halo Origins Bundle is a must-have starter pack for a new generation of gamers and a collectable bundle at a great value for longtime fans.”

TheOddOne

Oh look, this is a thing:
Hey, guys, the thread last night was locked after getting swallowed up by people doing the insider gossip thing after CBOAT made a very round-about statement to the effect of "you have no idea how true that is" after someone commented something to the effect of "wow, 343 is really hosed". As you can see from this thread yesterday, we are trying to discourage discussion getting completely and utterly hijacked by no-accountability insider-type gossip. This is not me taking a stance on whether or not those statements are true, just saying that they sort of derail any attempts to discuss the sort of factual, public parts of the story. Sometimes when we lock a thread (especially as part of any kind of ongoing sort of moderation discussion) and are evaluating whether or not there's anything else we need to do in terms of moderation, we soft-delete it (which marks it as invisible but does not get rid of any of the posts) and un-delete it later when we are done dealing with it

The plan was to have the story reposted after stuff boiled down a little bit this morning, and when FranXico reposted the discussion understandably ended up mostly being a continuation of the stuff that got the thread locked last night. So we're re-posting with a mod in the OP to try to keep the conversation on track a little bit.

I agree with posters earlier in this thread that the initial thread had some good discussion about the contributions of team members to overall products and that makes it doubly unfortunate that the thread got jacked a bit. So like Kev said in the OP, I think it makes more sense to keep the conversation focused on, like, the actual content of the news story instead of making it this derailed about gossip type stuff, right?

If you want to follow this up with one of the moderators, feel free to PM Kev or myself or any other moderator.
tumblr_mau61hBTlv1qk2yj7.gif

IHaveIce

Banned

And this is were CBOAT just goes with the stream instead of providing insider infos, 343 maybe some kind of chaotic right now, but he makes it sound likes this studio won't be able to exist for much longer.

Pls while Halo 4 was a shit game it made chunks of money.

Didn't PS3 have a 256 player game? MAG or something like that?

Yeah but it was kind of misleading as far as I know. It was limited to dozens of smaller zones of like 12v12 or 10v10 or something, and then all the "zones" were added up to create a larger team score. So think of your lobby in BTB having a combined score of the lobby I'm in. We technically have two teams (red vs blue), but they're split into two smaller battlefields of four total teams.

I mean, it's still pretty cool, but there was never any engagement of 128 vs 128 on screen at one time from what I know.

This is from what I've read and from what friends who have played the game told me. I never actually got around to it so I could be totally wrong.

Karl2177

why tho

why

You don't know how much I've been waiting for Halo® Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo®: Reach at an affordable price! Thank you, 343 Industries, for providing me with such a perfect deal! Now I can experience the epic story of Noble Six, and re-experience the grand adventure of Master Chief in better graphics! Boy is this an amazing package!

Can you use Xbox One upload studio to upload Halo 3/R/4 gameplay if you connect it via HDMI?

I believe you can only record from the 'game' OS. Kinect will hear you say "Record that" but it will only record the game. It won't record the dashboard, a Twitch stream, something on the browser or anything on the TV feature.

And this is were CBOAT just goes with the stream instead of providing insider infos, 343 maybe some kind of chaotic right now, but he makes it sound likes this studio won't be able to exist for much longer.

Pls while Halo 4 was a shit game it made chunks of money.
Can only assume what could be going on if what CBOAT said is any bit true and from Corrine leaving all of a sudden.

• Devs are having a very difficult time tapping into the XBones raw power.

• Corrine wasn't able to work with the complexity of the XB1 and bounced ASAP.

• 343 "Understaffed? Unqualified?" Industries.

• MS really dropped the ball with Halo???

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can only assume what could be going on if what CBOAT said is any bit true and from Corrine leaving all of a sudden.

• Corrine wasn't able to work with the complexity of the XB1 and bounced ASAP.
Try again. It's more likely she didn't want to put up with it.

Top Bottom