• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

This thread doesn't really have much to be excited about... I mean nothing interesting is happening with the franchise for a good while. Here's hoping the VGX give us some Halo 5 news, or even better, gameplay. Didn't Reach gameplay debut at the VGAs?

Fuck, all 343 has to do to get me back is walk on stage during the VGX and say "Sorry, we've learned from our Mistakes, it won't happen again." and go through with it. Just show that they care about the fanbases feedback this time around.

Halo |OT19| 343 Days Later, the King is Dead, Titans Fell, and Destiny Awaits.

I actually like the OT title " Natural Born Franchise Killers"

I couldn't give a shit how "useful" the OT is. For a new game, yeah then it is quite cool to see all the news and infos summarized, but we are a community thread, just throw the halogaf page, the halogaf twitter and some other stuff in there and then fun stuff.

But it's not just a community thread, it's the home of all Halo here on NeoGAF. This encompasses games, books, comics, news, community, discussion, SALT, merchandise, creations and more.

Why not include a medium crowd based survey in the OT that we all fill out and reply our individual opinions and then we create a global HaloGAF infographic from it, say 50 pages later? When it's done put it into the OT OP and even "send" it to 343i, why not? Other communities are doing this and the time to do it is now, not at launch or post launch.

Personally I care about a good quality OT, I would like to see a write up of the history of Halo so far. The last quality one was shut down but had the sparks of igniting good discussion for a short while. Until the community portion overran all the other parts of HaloGAF and basically returned to its natural meta state :).

Perhaps for the next OT we could move to be more tolerant of differing views on games or mechanics etc. You know less teabagging and more coop/sportsmanship type feels. We know we all agree Infinity overran our classic Halo but I think we could all have accepted Halo 4 had it been say 25% infinity instead of 100% at launch. Also why does Halo 4 spoil all the other great stuff in the franchise?

Ozzy, you want to make the OT?

Man what have I done to HaloGAF :)
Just kidding
If nobody wants to step up and I'm not stepping on toes I could give it a decent service and at least a positive spin for a change.
Cyren material for weeks :)

Please just an actual useful OT...

Also can the OP keep things up to date please. Most of the reason members don't frequent the OP is they're not kept up to date. If the news, bulletin links, video links, quality single post links from that OT etc are weekly or daily kept up to date you have a reason to revisit the OP. Raise the bar, we expect so much from our developers yet we get lazy with OP upkeep.

But it's not just a community thread, it's the home of all Halo here on NeoGAF. This encompasses games, books, comics, news, community, discussion, SALT, merchandise, creations and more.

Why not include a medium crowd based survey in the OT that we all fill out and reply our individual opinions and then we create a global HaloGAF infographic from it, say 50 pages later? When it's done put it into the OT OP and even "send" it to 343i, why not? Other communities are doing this and the time to do it is now, not at launch or post launch.

Personally I care about a good quality OT, I would like to see a write up of the history of Halo so far. The last quality one was shut down but had the sparks of igniting good discussion for a short while. Until the community portion overran all the other parts of HaloGAF and basically returned to its natural meta state :).

Perhaps for the next OT we could move to be more tolerant of differing views on games or mechanics etc. You know less teabagging and more coop/sportsmanship type feels. We know we all agree Infinity overran our classic Halo but I think we could all have accepted Halo 4 had it been say 25% infinity instead of 100% at launch. Also why does Halo 4 spoil all the other great stuff in the franchise?

Just kidding
If nobody wants to step up and I'm not stepping on toes I could give it a decent service and at least a positive spin for a change.

Also can the OP keep things up to date please. Most of the reason members don't frequent the OP is they're not kept up to date. If the news, bulletin links, video links, quality single post links from that OT etc are weekly or daily kept up to date you have a reason to revisit the OP. Raise the bar, we expect so much from our developers yet we get lazy with OP upkeep.

Or you know... because we discussed said news and bulletins when they're released and discuss them for a page or two. No one here is "out of date". People don't read the OP because there's no reason too. It's only just an introduction to the community, and we already know what this community is like.
Salty

IHaveIce

Banned
This thread doesn't really have much to be excited about... I mean nothing interesting is happening with the franchise for a good while. Here's hoping the VGX give us some Halo 5 news, or even better, gameplay. Didn't Reach gameplay debut at the VGAs?

Fuck, all 343 has to do to get me back is walk on stage during the VGX and say "Sorry, we've learned from our Mistakes, it won't happen again." and go through with it. Just show that they care about the fanbases feedback this time around.

Halo |OT19| 343 Days Later, the King is Dead, Titans Fell, and Destiny Awaits.

Nah no gameplay of Reach at VGAs only inengine trailer "Welcome Noble Six"

Fuchsdh

Godspeed, Ozzy.

As for stuff happening, we've got a new comic series starting in December, the final Karen Traviss novel in January, and Spartan Assault presumably coming by the end of the year/early next year. There's plenty of stuff going on while we wait for gaming news.

BigShow36

Halo |OT19| Doo + Dew = 4
ee004-cartoon-poop-clipart.jpg
+
468px-Mountain-Dew-and-Doritos-Bringing-Double-XP-Back-For-Anticipated-Halo-4-Launch.jpg
=
halo4logo.jpg

OT DONE. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Ramirez

Just kidding

Is this real life

Heckfu is doing OT19, confirmed and he called shotgun, have to respect that.

If there are no objections I'd like to do OT20. I think a few have interest in doing a crowd survey this OT though, otherwise I'll make it part of OT20.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Now that Ghaleon is a mod he should just mod edit the next OT so all it says is "You're not Ghaleon."

Let's just skip to OT69 and let Elzar claim it.

Wouldn't that be Kyle's return?

Heckfu is welcome to do the OT, he's been a more contributing member of this community than I have, far longer too and we're both up for a first OT etc.

I have a few things PM'd to a few people on ideas I had just today and I'm not sure how long I need to write up a quality survey/graphics we can all participate in.

How long do you think the next 15 or so pages will take? A week? That would be enough time for me to do it, however I respect Heckfu's OT here.

Heh, I looked at Halo 2 and saw 692. That didn't seem right. Lo, and behold, at a quick glance they only count matchmaking games. Most of my Halo 2 career was customs I believe.
The following are matchmaking + customs

Halo 2: 1346 (not counting the many games I played at my friends house which I basically lived in to play Halo 2)

Halo 3: 7687

Halo Reach: 3792

Halo 4: 1091

The most troubling thing was how my customs number decreased so much. RIP community

Don't feel bad, you were like 7 when Halo 2 came out.

"and I will leave my Xbox on".

/dead.

The more I play my Xbox One, the more I realize I can't get into an FPS as much as I got into Halo. I get tired and frustrated with CoD in 10 minutes, and Battlefield 4 frustrates me the first minute of playing. I hope Titan Fall is more fun for me than CoD/Battlefield. Battlefield is way too complicated for me, and CoD is too simple. :p

Also, Ozzy requested some music for his now-delayed OT (and referred to me by first name, what the fuck dude), so here's a 10-minute long Halo remix suite if anyone wants to lube it up and slam it in their OTs.

I think you shared a sound cloud link or similar with your first name, thought that was alright in a PM mate. My bad but wouldn't post it in the public domain.

Thanks for the music, will give it a listen later on.

Top Bottom