• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Yo.

Halo 1 has 4 players on one Xbox and it runs flawlessly.

Halo 4 has 1 player on one Xbox and Wreckage has frame rate issues.

Halo 4 has 2 players on one Xbox on any map and has frame rate issues.

th

Lasky's in a new TV show on NBC. Pilot is on right now. He's a camp counselor at a summer camp for kids.

Seems like a goofy show so far.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yo.

Halo 1 has 4 players on one Xbox and it runs flawlessly.

Halo 4 has 1 player on one Xbox and Wreckage has frame rate issues.

Halo 4 has 2 players on one Xbox on any map and has frame rate issues.
Yeah, I hate this trend. At least make the games run well in two player splitscreen.

Madness

I will gladly switch to Battlefield without fear then, you cant have a lead game with such obsolete gameplay.

Well he's speaking from a pro player perspective. He wants things that are player controlled. So with just shoot, grenade, melee as the core tenets of combat, how the match plays out is up to the player.

I don't know what you mean obsolete gameplay. It's obvious armor abilities and perks have fucked the gameplay up. How much of a fan were you of Halo CE, 2 or 3?

What I mean is, I don't get why you would go play Battlefield if Halo returned to focusing on its three pillar approach to combat?

Crozar

Neo Member
My brothersssss Halo 4 is back since there will be a new DLC on August which essentially has some other stuff on it but the most important thing I am excited about would be that their returning The Pit from Halo 3 and that map is a game changer. People have been complaining that what makes a good multiplayer game good is the maps.

Well now you have it and its your time to shine. Who's with me!!!!

Madness

My brothersssss Halo 4 is back since there will be a new DLC on August which essentially has some other stuff on it but the most important thing I am excited about would be that their returning The Pit from Halo 3 and that map is a game changer. People have been complaining that what makes a good multiplayer game good is the maps.

Did you not read the past 20 pages in this thread and the Halo 4 thread?

orznge

Banned

halo is saved

zap

kptI4.gif

Booshka

One and done.

10/10 post for sure.

Nope. That's a 9.8/10 if I ever saw one.

Edit: While I'm being a snarky piece of shit, I'd like to ask anyone at 343 when Microsoft is going to let them focus on making the franchise an example of quality entertainment rather than a platform for selling ads and/or phones.

Madness

Nope. That's a 9.8/10 if I ever saw one.

Edit: While I'm being a snarky piece of shit, I'd like to ask anyone at 343 when Microsoft is going to let them focus on making the franchise an example of quality entertainment rather than a platform for selling ads and/or phones.

Not anytime soon. Especially with the upcoming Halo television series. Get ready to be bombarded with Sarah Palmer at every turn.

I predict because of their 'dedicated servers' for Halo 5, we'll get a game that is always online too. No playing offline. They'll need the cloud to power the game. Microtransactions like crazy, more paywalling, probably more perks/gun/skins/armor tied to whoever can buy the most junk food or ancillary things.

Corporate at MS is so dense, they're releasing Spartan Assault to completely fail and bomb on Windows 8 before the inevitable XBLA release.

I can honestly see why Bungie said independence was the best thing they ever did.

Not anytime soon. Especially with the upcoming Halo television series. Get ready to be bombarded with Sarah Palmer at every turn.

I predict because of their 'dedicated servers' for Halo 5, we'll get a game that is always online too. No playing offline. They'll need the cloud to power the game. Microtransactions like crazy, more paywalling, probably more perks/gun/skins/armor tied to whoever can buy the most junk food or ancillary things.

Corporate at MS is so dense, they're releasing Spartan Assault to completely fail and bomb on Windows 8 before the inevitable XBLA release.

I can honestly see why Bungie said independence was the best thing they ever did.
A significant number of next gen games at E3 required online to play, including Bungie's.

The number of games you'll be able to play offline is only going to diminish over time.

Gui_PT

oneofmypersonalfavori9rs7s.gif

Madness

A significant number of next gen games at E3 required online to play, including Bungie's.

The number of games you'll be able to play offline is only going to diminish over time.

Yeah but I figured Destiny had a reason with all its online focus and drop in, drop out campaign/public events. Don't really see a reason why Halo 5 would need to be online only.

They kind of started it, requiring gold for Spartan Ops, but imagine if campaign and even just regular split screen required you to be online.

willow ve

Yeah but I figured Destiny had a reason with all its online focus and drop in, drop out campaign/public events. Don't really see a reason why Halo 5 would need to be online only.

They kind of started it, requiring gold for Spartan Ops, but imagine if campaign and even just regular split screen required you to be online.

Game will have 2 modes.

Online - your AI partners fire their guns and drive around.

Offline - your AI partners all drive like Kat and you die a lot.

Nice sentiment and welcome, it's nice to hear from others that like to actually play Halo 4. I agree quality maps are a large chunk of what makes or breaks the fun or competition elements of the experience.

It will be very interesting to compare the sandbox, movement, gunplay, variants and playlists of 3 vs. Halo 4 on The Pit. I am especially interested to experience how CTF or ricochet (4) vs. assault (3) plays on this map and game version.

Booties

Banned
The sword room hallway looks wider too. Why did they change it for no reason? Someone said it was a dead end but fun to nade spam. Exactly. Why bother with it? Just give us what we want, for once please.

Booties

Banned
I didn't say they were the same, I said they were not different enough to fundamentally alter how the game two games actually played. Neither one is difficult enough to use that people are going to be outstrafing or outgunning players on a consistent basis, so their differences are practically negligible.

It's easy to get caught up in nostalgia and the slight details of each weapon like leading or spread, but when it comes down to it, both BR's are too easy to use and negatively impact the game because of it. Talking about the Halo 3 BR like it was the saving grace of Halo 3 is just wrong; the weapon was a detriment to the game, not a benefit.

I could strafe someone's reticule off my hitbox in halo 3. In halo 4 there is so much magnetism that it feels like CoD in which whoever lands the first shot, wins.

CA9Ni2c.png

willow ve

The sword room hallway looks wider too. Why did they change it for no reason? Someone said it was a dead end but fun to nade spam. Exactly. Why bother with it? Just give us what we want, for once please.

Hopefully the Pit remake has a forge variant that closes off the new "features" - like they did with the CEA maps.

lilty

What did they add to Pit besides the boxes in flag and the cuts? Stopped playing for a few months so I'm out of the loop.

bidguy

Banned

this post makes me sad

nillapuddin

To a certain degree..
I feel like MS is screwed with the Halo license because Halo is so important to the company (from a $$$ perspective)

Games that complement the main line work (ODST best example)
I just wonder if they will ever want to make a Halo game with a heavy MP component that isnt in the main line

Halo could easily be themed into
  • FTP Shooter
  • Third Person Squad Shooter
  • FPS RPG
  • Halo Wars 2
But I wonder if they are ever afraid of spreading the 'Halo Magic' too thin outside of the main releases, and with Halo MP population slipping as it is, I don't think they want to lose players not just to Battlefield and COD, but to other iterations of Halo.

Whatever reasons be, I hope in the next gen, Halo as a brand, and 343 find great partners to bring new genres into Halo Universe, because I gotta admit, Id play just about any Halo: (Insert Popular Game Here)

I feel like Sony is lucky, they can have all the FTP shooters on Playstation they want, because they dont have a "Halo" to sell from first party

TheOddOne

Ugh, people talking about branching off Halo. First they got to make a good to amazing mainline Halo game. Not something that falls in the line of 'terrible-ok'.

nillapuddin

Ugh, people talking about branching off Halo. First they got to make a good to amazing mainline Halo game. Not something that falls in the line of 'terrible-ok'.

Thats very true, Im not suggesting they can resurrect Halo with a buncha Spartan Assaults and ODST's.

Im just not even sure that "Halo" as it has been, can survive anymore

They need a shakeup to the formula, if they release "Halo 5" and its the same as Halo 1-4
It will never succeed like it once did
as much as I wish it could

Madness

Wrong. What's the one reason Halo 4 isn't played much like Reach before it? The fans don't like it. Fuck everyone else. You make the fans happy first.

People always say Call of Duty doesn't change, Call of Duty is stale, it's the same shit over and over. And yet that's what their fans want. And it sells like hotcakes.

If they release Halo 5 and it plays like CE/2/possibly 3, then you've made a lot of fans happy, they in turn will play for longer than a few months, they'll make videos again, montages, they'll play it on pro circuits, they'll play with their friends etc.

Close to 12+ million played Halo 4, probably more than 7 million copies of the game were sold and yet less than 25 thousand play the game regularly still. It's behind three shooters, two of which are nearly 2 years old. This is the main Xbox game, the game that sold consoles like crazy and it's an almost ran on a console it created.

Omni

25k players? Isn't that just peak though? I'd wager a lot more play it than that. (obviously not relevant to your argument. Just saiyan)

tumblr_mjxeuv3W761s2kzvmo1_500.gif

But I do honestly think that while going back to that core gameplay will be great for the fans, it isn't going to sell in the mainstream audience. Just look at how many people criticised Halo 4 for staying the same and playing it safe - obviously to us that's like "wut", but it happened. The franchise needs a huge shakeup. Stop trying to mix the old with the new and in turn giving us a terrible hybrid that excels at nothing.

Top Bottom