• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

So someone is announcing a new Chief statue at Comic-Con? Any idea how much it will run?
~$200-$300. ThreeA's Commander Carter costs $219.99. You can expect the same price range. And it isn't a statue. It will have articulations.

Sideshow Collectibles will show their Cortana statue and McFarlane showed the Cover art Chief at E3 already. Both will definitely be $350+ (There are rumors that Sideshow Collectibles will reveal a Halo 4 Master Chief Premium Format statue

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
$249.99, comes with exclusive armor skin.

~$200-$300. ThreeA's Commander Carter costs $219.99. You can expect the same price range. And it isn't a statue. It will have articulations.

Sideshow Collectibles will show their Cortana statue and McFarlane showed the Cover art Chief at E3 already. Both will definitely be $350+ (There are rumors that Sideshow Collectibles will reveal a Halo 4 Master Chief Premium Format statue

Cool. Sometime I do want to get a nice Chief figure.

Shadders

My wallet weeps.

Tawpgun

The Halo 4 BR and shotgun look amazing. Best versions.
I can dig the halo 4 br but the shotgun blows. Reach has the best design visually.

H4 shotgun looks like metal rod. Has no iconic profile to it. I didn't put the human shotgun in my avatar because you couldn't tell what it was. Had to settle for the queef gun.

Fuchsdh

Agreed with Tawp, Reach shotty is the best one.
Disagree with all of you, loved the minimalism of the 1-3, then the futuristic 4 version comes second. Reach looks chunky and the worst from the first person view (I think 4's actual sound effect however is worse.)

Ramirez

I can dig the halo 4 br but the shotgun blows. Reach has the best design visually.

H4 shotgun looks like metal rod. Has no iconic profile to it. I didn't put the human shotgun in my avatar because you couldn't tell what it was. Had to settle for the queef gun.

As if that's a bad thing.

Must have been an awkward day in the studio when Tojima was recording that one.

Gui_PT

I miss actual alien weapons. Weapons that act nothing like we'd expect them to instead of a sniper or a rocket launcher with another skin.

I miss actual alien weapons. Weapons that act nothing like we'd expect them to instead of a sniper or a rocket launcher with another skin.

RIP the original plasma rifle and it's red counterpart, the repeater is alright but why did they want to change how the gun looks? I blame reach for starting it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Had to settle for the queef gun.
LOL

Anyways, yeah, the Reach shotty was my previous favorite. As soon as the H4 version was revealed in that UNSC weapon sounds video, though, it took the crown.

For what its worth:

Gbbn6CJ.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Plasma Rifle (and the red variant) >>>>>> Whatever the other Covie machine guns are that I can't even name that they keep trying to add.
The only plasma rifle I've found fun to use is the CE plasma rifle. Every other variant has been ineffective or just not very fun to use.

Fuchsdh

The only plasma rifle I've found fun to use is the CE plasma rifle. Every other variant has been ineffective or just not very fun to use.
Playing Halo 2 after 1 was like night and day for me, the Covenant plasma sounds were so much better. But yeah the plasma rifle in 1 was its most powerful version for the stun. That's why I don't get why people say CE was the hardest on Legendary. You outrange all the Covenant with pistol or sniper and can just perma stun an Elite with a rifle until you get close to finish him off. The shotgun was beastly and hunters were a 1hk.

Tawpgun

Yeah reach took the very unique looking plasma rifle and made it look lamer. 343 made the storm rifle look like a alien ar.

Bring back cool looking unique weapons please.

THERE WON'T BE ANY JURASSIC PARK 4 INFORMATION AT COMIC CON! LIKE YOU DESTROYED MY DREAMS, SO I CRUSH YOURS!

ThreeA is even doing an Emile Statue:

Pssshhhh, I wanted both.

I bet they officially announce the 2015 date at Comic Con for JP4, but thats it.

Now I'm reminded of when Sideshow did the JP statue, teased more, had them put on hold and then lost the license entirely. =(

Striker

Yeah reach took the very unique looking plasma rifle and made it look lamer. 343 made the storm rifle look like a alien ar.

Bring back cool looking unique weapons please.
The Plasma Launcher and Needle Rifle had a unique look, and had nice sounds to them.

Halo 4, and CEA as well, have this metallic sound to all their Covenant weapons and it's a turn off.

The Plasma Launcher and Needle Rifle had a unique look, and had nice sounds to them.

Halo 4, and CEA as well, have this metallic sound to all their Covenant weapons and it's a turn off.
Many sounds in Halo 4 sound noticeably compressed. That is when they actually play. Sound design in Halo 4 took a substantial dip in quality from Bungie's games.

Vico

So, Bungie isn't coming to Comic Con? :/

I still remember how good their panel was at SDCC 2010 (unveiling Forge World).

nillapuddin

I think the Halo 4 Sandbox is the most balanced ever.

But clearly that doesn't mean its the best.

The only way to balance Halo is to do exactly what they did, come up with 3 tiers of weapons for all 3 factions, skin them differently, and change the particle effects.

I am really hoping for a big time overhaul for Covenant and Promethean weapons going forward, due to 13 years of existence* the Human base weapons will never change, the only way to get variety is add new UNSC power weapons, or revamp the enemies weapons.

* Vehicles suffer from this also, I dont know what they are going to do to make vehicle combat fun and unique again, but it needs to happen.

I know "Halo" to alot of people here is 4v4 Slayer on Symmetrical maps, and dont get me wrong, I love that.

But where Halo has a chance to provide something different from the competition to me is Objective gameplay, with team mates, in vehicles, playing cooperatively.

I know Battlefield has vehicles, but Halo has a special way of making the vehicles accessible, they need to really nail that niche next time around

Its balanced in the sense that your weapon is going to kill the other player instantly or if its not a one shotter its going to kill them very quickly.

The kill quickly part would be awesome, if there wasnt 150% autoaim on every gun.

TCKaos

Many sounds in Halo 4 sound noticeably compressed. That is when they actually play. Sound design in Halo 4 took a substantial dip in quality from Bungie's games.

CEA has horribly compressed sounds, too. Sometimes a melee attack sounds like it connects with something even if you're just running around punching the air. There's some weird area in the sound where it sounds like someone is hitting a desk with a screwdriver or something.

Halo: Spartan Assault will be released tomorrow according to the product page...

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halospartanassault

"Available worldwide on July 18 for all Windows 8 PCs and Tablets. Available worldwide on July 18 for compatible Windows Phone 8 devices, except in the U.S. where the Windows Phone 8 version is available only on Verizon Wireless until August 16. On Windows Phone 8, 1GB RAM currently required. Version supporting 512MB RAM Windows Phone 8 coming August 2013. Performance on 512MB phones may vary."

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo: Spartan Assault will be released tomorrow according to the product page...

"Available worldwide on July 18 for all Windows 8 PCs and Tablets. Available worldwide on July 18 for compatible Windows Phone 8 devices, except in the U.S. where the Windows Phone 8 version is available only on Verizon Wireless until August 16. On Windows Phone 8, 1GB RAM currently required. Version supporting 512MB RAM Windows Phone 8 coming August 2013. Performance on 512MB phones may vary."

US has to wait a month longer to play a Halo game except you have Verizon? Lol microsoft

Omni

Tomorrow? Short notice.

I don't even know if I'm going to bother picking it up yet. The story really isn't that exciting... Who even wants to know more of Sarah Palmer, :lol

Computer

Weird I am usually riding a hype train when a new Halo game is released. ehh.

Then again I never thought I'd still be playing Halo 3 in 2013.

Fuchsdh

Weird I am usually riding a hype train when a new Halo game is released. ehh.

Well it's a smaller release and it's for a smaller platform. At this point I'm sort of expecting it will end up on Xbox One as opposed to 360 when it does go for a wider release, especially with the comment about RAM. It's probably not optimized heavily for old hardware.

weed_smoker.gif

Puff Puff Give.

I don't think it's that crazy a claim. There are more weapons then there need to be, definitely, but cutting those repetitions out, the balance between the BR and Carbine is excellent, the automatics are powerful but more finesse-driven than previously, and the pistol is probably the best its been since Halo 1. Only things I feel are really missing are the Reach-level power of the plasma pistol, and I think a nerf for the needler, if only in campaign.

Tomorrow? Short notice.

I don't even know if I'm going to bother picking it up yet. The story really isn't that exciting... Who even wants to know more of Sarah Palmer, :lol
Nobody. I'm more interested in Thomas Laskey. They should focus more on him.

Sarah Palmer acts more of a hard ass and mercenary rather than a spartan. But that's what 343 is directing the theme about how ONI is becoming under Osmans control.

Nobody. I'm more interested in Thomas Laskey. They should focus more on him.

Sarah Palmer acts more of a hard ass and mercenary rather than a spartan. But that's what 343 is directing the theme about how ONI is becoming under Osmans control.

Osman + Palmer + dudebro Crimson squad versus ODSTs, Chief, Halsey and Arbiter.

May not be the direction we're expecting but I'd play it.

Top Bottom