• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Well it's a smaller release and it's for a smaller platform. At this point I'm sort of expecting it will end up on Xbox One as opposed to 360 when it does go for a wider release, especially with the comment about RAM. It's probably not optimized heavily for old hardware.

I don't think it's that crazy a claim. There are more weapons then there need to be, definitely, but cutting those repetitions out, the balance between the BR and Carbine is excellent, the automatics are powerful but more finesse-driven than previously, and the pistol is probably the best its been since Halo 1. Only things I feel are really missing are the Reach-level power of the plasma pistol, and I think a nerf for the needler, if only in campaign.

I honestly don't know what Halo you are playing. The points you make are only valid if you don't throw every weapon in the game at the same time while people are invisible and flying around. The closest thing to balance is Throwdown for the 5 people that play it. That isn't a knock on Throwdown, had they led with that there would be more than pro's playing it while people who suck (like me) get shit on in there.

RIP the original plasma rifle and it's red counterpart, the repeater is alright but why did they want to change how the gun looks? I blame reach for starting it.

I miss the stun effect on the CE plasma rifle, when you executed a circle strafe and stun damage it was effective against the pistol, only at close range though.

Dual Plasma Rifles in Halo 3 are amazing. Also shows off the awesome lighting in that game.

Nope, SMG+Plasma FTW.

Ghazi

Wouldn't that be a great system in 5? You can only join the game you quit out of until it's over and you get put on the correct/same team as you were on when you quit and everything.

343 plz

m23

World of Tanks has a cool system imo. If you quit out of a game, you can't use the same tank in another game until the original game is completed.

Wouldn't that be a great system in 5? You can only join the game you quit out of until it's over and you get put on the correct/same team as you were on when you quit and everything.

343 plz

You are my new favourite poster. I dislike quitting and I'd like to see quit removed from the menu altogether :) Let them dashboard rage.

Ghazi

You are my new favourite poster. I dislike quitting and I'd like to see quit removed from the menu altogether :) Let them dashboard rage.
This plz, god that'd be amazing. If there is a bad enough reason for someone to quit then they can dashboard no problem, but removing the button itself would dissuade a lot of people who could just finish the match/wait.

Karl2177

Rumble SWAT and pictures of Assault Rifles

Definitely deserves a
2169924-kappa.png

People actually care about a shitty mobile Halo game?

Considering the quality of mobile games vs. the quality I've seen from SA so far, yes, I am invested in a pick up'n'play Halo mobile game. I also enjoy the occasional tablet game so why not enjoy Halo SA?

My windows mobile has been itching for a quality game release and for the pocket change they're asking for this game it's a purchase for me.

Considering the quality of mobile games vs. the quality I've seen from SA so far, yes, I am invested in a pick up'n'play Halo mobile game. I also enjoy the occasional tablet game so why not enjoy Halo SA?

My windows mobile has been itching for a quality game release and for the pocket change they're asking for this game it's a purchase for me.

Im a caveman and rock a Nokia. Not a big mobile game kinda guy.

I wonder if the Halo brand still has any strength to sell a mobile game.

Booshka

Im a caveman and rock a Nokia. Not a big mobile game kinda guy.

I wonder if the Halo brand still has any strength to sell a mobile game.

I'm sure it would do well if it was on Android or iOS, as well as being on Steam and available for Windows 7. But, it ain't a Halo game unless it's also trying to sell a console, or an unwanted Operating System.

gAg CruSh3r

I'm sure it would do well if it was on Android or iOS, as well as being on Steam and available for Windows 7. But, it ain't a Halo game unless it's also trying to sell a console, or an unwanted Operating System.

I wish it was on the iOS.. I would really like to play it...

I guess they don't want to release a mobile game to multi-brand-platforms and then lock the console games to just the xbox brand? That's a more confusing message to send I guess.

I can understand the exclusive titles stick but you'd think after a set time like 3 or 6 months they'd release a Halo mobile/tablet game to the wild as a nice entry point to the franchise, similar to FuD or books in that regard. Perhaps players would then be enticed to go for the Xbox brand consoles and Halo core games or Halo 4 itself?

The counter point I guess is windows 8 PC being able to play SA for the masses. Yep I'm officially doing my own head in on this one.

This plz, god that'd be amazing. If there is a bad enough reason for someone to quit then they can dashboard no problem, but removing the button itself would dissuade a lot of people who could just finish the match/wait.

Cleaning up the playlists would help. As it is now if you go into IS you never really know what you are gonna get. IDK what is wrong with these Halo games over time but the playlists always become all cocked up.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I don't know where else to reach out but here. Urk or someone close to Bungie, I need to talk to you about urgent Bungie-related matters. Time sensitive! Or at least point me to who I should contact regarding an email I got today. It's something I really want to act on but I can't right now and I want to know if I could be involved in a way that's somewhat less urgent.

Hugs and kisses.

I don't know where else to reach out but here. Urk or someone close to Bungie, I need to talk to you about urgent Bungie-related matters. Time sensitive! Or at least point me to who I should contact regarding an email I got today. It's something I really want to act on but I can't right now and I want to know if I could be involved in a way that's somewhat less urgent.

Hugs and kisses.

Don't tell us what it is or anything...

wwm0nkey

Hugs and kisses.

Oh just tell us lol

GrizzNKev

Banned
Come on now, some things can't be shared with the public.

GrizzNKev, maybe PM Urk if you have something to discuss/ask him that isn't for sharing with everyone else?

Yeah, the only reason I posted it is because I assume Urk is hard to reach. I'll be sending PMs too.

Booshka

I just won't buy Halo 5, that's more effective than signing an online petition.

All of you should do the same.

EDIT: @Nowise, way ahead of you. I trudged through the Campaign just to have a complete opinion on it and haven't played it since.

If Team Throwdown removes Sprint, I might try it out again.

Or if Legendary Slayer makes it BR starts and removes Sprint, I might try that out, otherwise, no thanks.

nillapuddin

Whoa, I went to see Pacific Rim
it was awesome
and shit went down

let me clarify, I meant balanced in terms of..

AR = Suppressor = Storm Rifle
BR = Carbine = LR = DMR

all filling the same ROLES

every faction has pretty much the exact same weapons

I sure as hell didn't mean from a gameplay perspective

Omni

Halo: Spartan Assault will be released tomorrow according to the product page...

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halospartanassault

"Available worldwide on July 18 for all Windows 8 PCs and Tablets. Available worldwide on July 18 for compatible Windows Phone 8 devices, except in the U.S. where the Windows Phone 8 version is available only on Verizon Wireless until August 16. On Windows Phone 8, 1GB RAM currently required. Version supporting 512MB RAM Windows Phone 8 coming August 2013. Performance on 512MB phones may vary."

I have noticed that they took that part down. So I guess it isn't coming out today.

How disappointing. Egh

Top Bottom