• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Bi9fpjo.gif

Computer

343 needs to watch this twitch steam. Listen to the crowd, look at the game play, note the symmetrical map design and then ask yourself why Halo fans are so pissed and no one plays Halo 4.

343 needs to watch this twitch steam. Listen to the crowd, look at the game play, note the asymmetrical map design and then ask yourself why Halo fans are so pissed and no one plays Halo 4.

Its funny cause its SO FUCKING SIMPLE.

Like its not even hard to understand. Literally anyone could look at this and figure it.

Really enjoying the cleaner HUD of Halo 3 as well as the way the medals look and pop up. Come on 343, it's sitting right there you just need to reach out and take it.

It's sad, a new Halo game released less than a year ago and I don't even want to play. I've barely even been playing Xbox this summer and normally it's all Halo when it comes to gaming during that time for me.

Purplemage

Neo Member
I've never understood all the hate for Sprint, and yes I've seen the many posts here concerning it. I guess ever since the trailer for Halo 3 where Chief ran into the field of Brutes I assumed Halo was gonna have Sprint. And unless movement speed were decently increased for strafing purposes I can't see removing it. Halo 3 always felt so sluggish and slow for me.

At least now I can get my double kill and sprint off towards the next two victims. Or in Halo 4's instant respawn world get me the hell away from those corpses who are now coming back to kill me.

Plus trick jumps on the cage while everyone was using jetpack was a joy to me.

Computer

It's sad, a new Halo game released less than a year ago and I don't even want to play. I've barely even been playing Xbox this summer and normally it's all Halo when it comes to gaming during that time for me.

I went back to playing Halo 3 about 2 weeks ago and it feels amazing to forget about Reach and Halo 4. The sad thing is I never thought I would be still playing Halo 3 in 2013.

http://youtu.be/SC1uIYRr224

So I wrote some music based off of the the themes from Halo 4 as a tribute/fanmade soundtrack cue for Halo Xbox One/ Halo 5. I figured this would be a decent place to share it. So if you guys like pretty and emotional music, and like Halo, you should check it out. I think it came out quite beautifully =)

Also, shameless plug for my youtube channel. I upload original music on it every couple weeks, so you all should subscribe if you like what you hear!

Those are two forms of babbifying Halo that I'm actually okay with. Grenade indicators more so than hit markers.

Really? I mean I've never had a problem identifying grenades in previous Halo games. Going back to the games I still don't feel like I'm missing the indicators from 4 or even at a disadvantage without them.

Seemed like it was change for the sake of change and "dumbing down" for no real reason.

Same thing with the hitmarkers. No need for them.

Those are two forms of babbifying Halo that I'm actually okay with. Grenade indicators more so than hit markers.
You ever make a tactical retreat in older Halo's, turn a corner, your opponent tosses a grenade and it hits you but doesn't kill you, but your opponent doesn't know that and no longer knows where you are so they don't chase? That doesn't happen with hit markers, that person hits you with the grenade and knows you're still there and weak reducing the risk of chasing.

Mix

So I wrote some music based off of the the themes from Halo 4 as a tribute/fanmade soundtrack cue for Halo Xbox One/ Halo 5. I figured this would be a decent place to share it. So if you guys like pretty and emotional music, and like Halo, you should check it out. I think it came out quite beautifully =)

Also, shameless plug for my youtube channel. I upload original music on it every couple weeks, so you all should subscribe if you like what you hear!

actually not bad, man. Just as good as anything Davidge put out.

Cow

Loving the graphical update to The Pit, actually looks amazing. Would love to see some more remakes like guardian.

When it comes to Forge Maps I'm of the opinion that they should not just be thrown into matchmaking like they are. What should happen is 343 or whoever does the maps should be given them to re-skin and make them split screen capable. I'm so bored of forge blocks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You ever make a tactical retreat in older Halo's, turn a corner, your opponent tosses a grenade and it hits you but doesn't kill you, but your opponent doesn't know that and no longer knows where you are so they don't chase? That doesn't happen with hit markers, that person hits you with the grenade and knows you're still there and weak reducing the risk of chasing.
Yeah, that's something I'm aware of, but I dunno, I just don't care all that much. I kind of like the idea of bouncing a grenade around a blind spot just to see if any hit markers pop up. Other than that sort of scenario, though, the game does play better without them. It's just not something I care much about.

I don't mind them in Halo 4, but I think that's due to the weak player feedback. I know I wouldn't need them in Reach.
Yeah, Reach was really good about that. I still wouldn't mind grenade indicators, but awesome sound design like that is definitely the superior way of handling it.

Yeah I played Reach the other day to compare some aspects of it to something, and one of the first things that struck me was that the feedback is excellent in that game.

Yea I dunno about the nade hit markers, I think those are bad. Before in Halo you might toss random nades and get hits but you'd never know unless you were doing them from a possible callout or knowledge now if you spawn and toss two nades in both directions and get a hit you might know where people are based on literally nothing but complete gambles.

Shooting hitmarkers are fine but they seem to like pause the action sometimes with your cursor and it can get weird.

I'd rather it just goes back to shield feedback, I feel they were just getting it right during Reach and then they completely abandoned it.

TCKaos

Yeah I played Reach the other day to compare some aspects of it to something, and one of the first things that struck me was that the feedback is excellent in that game.

Unless you're using any armor abilities, using the FRG or Concussion Rifle, or playing any gametype with bloom.

But yeah, in general the popping of the shields and various sounds serve for much better feedback than any of their Halo 4 counterparts.

Loving the graphical update to The Pit, actually looks amazing. Would love to see some more remakes like guardian.

When it comes to Forge Maps I'm of the opinion that they should not just be thrown into matchmaking like they are. What should happen is 343 or whoever does the maps should be given them to re-skin and make them split screen capable. I'm so bored of forge blocks.

if 343 makes a terrible Guardian, i will hold you personally responsible

wwm0nkey

After playing remake maps a lot I no longer want any remakes that will not work with the game. Pit worked in Halo 3 but I doubt it will work in Halo 4 as well. Headlong was awesome in 2 but didn't work as well in Reach.

Just give me Halo 2 and 3 on Steam already dammit.

Dude.. This is Amazing.. Literally.
343 Has To Hire You
Along with Juices

l
After playing remake maps a lot I no longer want any remakes that will not work with the game. Pit worked in Halo 3 but I doubt it will work in Halo 4 as well. Headlong was awesome in 2 but didn't work as well in Reach.

The forge pit I have works great with no AAs

willow ve

It's hard to play remakes with all the new layers of random in Halo 4. The Narrows remake (some Forge map from the community forge competition) was actually really well done and decent evolution of how Narrows played. Unfortunately AAs and Sprint essentially took a dump all over map design.

The Pit remakes so far have been frustrating to play with AAs and Sprint - it's nowhere near the map that it used to be.

The worst so far, however, has to be Lockout. Jetpack = bad map.

Sounds great. What program do you use to record?

Fuchsdh

I haven't ever really been in a situation where I felt the grenade indicators actually helped, but hit markers are excellent, especially against campers.

Karl2177

l
The forge pit I have works great with no AAs

Even Forged versions will suffer from some of the limitations that the sandbox design of Halo 4. No matter if you don't have AAs, you still have to worry about which 2 aspects you are going to bandaid up. Weapon reload speed, grenade pickup, explosive damage, etc.

Top Bottom